Singletary Update??

thronethinker

2 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

At first look I thought that too. After awhile he was walking fine. Gore said he will be fine. I expect him to play this week but do not know for sure obviously.

Where did Gore say this?  I have yet to see this anywhere else.

15 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

If Singletary is going to miss any time we definitely need to look at a legit replacement here. Gore looks so slow and done out there. It’s anazing how much better Singletary looks then Gore right now. Without him we are going to have a very tough time running the ball. Bring back Murphy and another solid RB. Gore has got to be reduced to 5 touches or less here.

I couldn't agree more. If anyone should be getting 6-7 touches it's Gore. But now with Devin hurt we should see if Murphy is available. Can't bring Wade up.  This is exactly why I advocated a 4th RB over keeping Dimarco.

20 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

If Singletary is going to miss any time we definitely need to look at a legit replacement here. Gore looks so slow and done out there. It’s anazing how much better Singletary looks then Gore right now. Without him we are going to have a very tough time running the ball. Bring back Murphy and another solid RB. Gore has got to be reduced to 5 touches or less here.

I agree. Gore is toast. Great leader though

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yolo on the spot! Seriously, who's better than  you?

I know I haven't thanked you for all you do in quite some time. So let me take the opportunity in this thread, where you once again nearly instantly supplied information pertinent to the topic. Bravo Yolo!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

7 hours ago, Bongo said:

It seems like they use Gore as the hammer. He gets 5 yards a pop and pounds the defense. Did you see him rock that Giants linebacker on his TD? Then, when they are pummeled from the body shots, they put the Ferrari in. 

That was vicious.  The LB was not expecting Frank to have that much power, I thought he broke the defenders collarbone with the crown of his helmet.   

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, BeefCurtns said:

He looked like toast when he buried his shoulder in that linebackers chest and bulldozed into the endzone for sure.

also looked like toast when he was hitting the holes and rushed for 9 hard fought yards a couple times too yesterday 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, SCBills said:

Singletary looks that much better than Gore because he’s a beast.   Legit OROY candidate if he gets more touches. 

Gore looked fine to me today.  

That said, I’m not sure what Yeldon brings in an actual rotation should he have to split with Gore. 

Gore is a averaging 2.8 YPC and still was only at 3.6 this Sunday.  

Gore had a better week, but still wasn’t the kind of week where I would feel comfortable leaning on him as a lead back for any period of time.

Singletary injury has me quite concerned.  

14 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I agree, whenever Gore tried to juke it looked like he was going to fall down. He will serve his purpose here if he is used in short yardage and goal line situations. If he is our starter we are in Trouble.