Singletary Update??

thronethinker

1 minute ago, akm0404 said:

In my non-expert opinion, the way he came up lame and did the hamstring hop tells my crystal ball he's out for 4 weeks.  Who knows tho.

At first look I thought that too. After awhile he was walking fine. Gore said he will be fine. I expect him to play this week but do not know for sure obviously.

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

No it definitely didn't "look" like a cramp.

When it's a cramp you see the trainer grab the toe area on the cleat and and start stretching out the leg.

And when it's a hamstring, you don't see them standing on the sidelines with their teammates, laughing, so...........................

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

And when it's a hamstring, you don't see them standing on the sidelines with their teammates, laughing, so...........................

Yeah you do actually.

It's been reported as a hamstring injury and McD says they will know more in a couple days about the severity.

I'd feed him a bit more now, but I think they are preserving him a bit for later in the year.   He's a rookie use to 12 games in college.   Many hit a wall their rookie year in the back quarter of the season.   

You don't take your Porsche turbo to the track when it has less than 100 miles on  it.   Gotta break it in first......

Edited by Bills Oil Company
  • Like (+1) 2

I was at the game, and watched the play carefully.  It looked like a classic pulled hamstring to me.  He couldn't even make it back to the sideline and looked extremely gimpy just getting off the field.  I'd be surprised if he's playing next week.....would be a big loss.....not sure what type of run game threat we pose w/out him.

If Singletary is going to miss any time we definitely need to look at a legit replacement here. Gore looks so slow and done out there. It’s anazing how much better Singletary looks then Gore right now. Without him we are going to have a very tough time running the ball. Bring back Murphy and another solid RB. Gore has got to be reduced to 5 touches or less here.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

If Singletary is going to miss any time we definitely need to look at a legit replacement here. Gore looks so slow and done out there. It’s anazing how much better Singletary looks then Gore right now. Without him we are going to have a very tough time running the ball. Bring back Murphy and another solid RB. Gore has got to be reduced to 5 touches or less here.

Singletary looks that much better than Gore because he’s a beast.   Legit OROY candidate if he gets more touches. 

Gore looked fine to me today.  

That said, I’m not sure what Yeldon brings in an actual rotation should he have to split with Gore.