Singletary Update??

thronethinker

53 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Imo singletary should be carrying the ball 15-20 times per game. Don't know why he's not 

They obviously don't think he can run the ball between the tackles anywhere as effectively as Gore. Singletary has 1 carry between the tackles in 2 games for 2 yards.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The best RB on the team who got 6 lousy touches....Singletary should be the feature back with Gore giving him a blow.

It seems like they use Gore as the hammer. He gets 5 yards a pop and pounds the defense. Did you see him rock that Giants linebacker on his TD? Then, when they are pummeled from the body shots, they put the Ferrari in. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Bongo said:

It seems like they use Gore as the hammer. He gets 5 yards a pop and pounds the defense. Did you see him rock that Giants linebacker on his TD? Then, when they are pummeled from the body shots, they put the Ferrari in. 

I really like the combination of the bruiser Gore and the scatback Singletary. Gore is still a beast, I don't care if he averages under 4.0 a carry, he's very effective.

3 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I really like the combination of the bruiser Gore and the scatback Singletary. Gore is still a beast, I don't care if he averages under 4.0 a carry, he's very effective.

I hear you. My problem is how long can Gore keep this up? Why not use Singletary as the featured back and Gore as the change up. At the very least more 50/50. 

Some of this runs today that Gore got 4-6 yards I feel like Singletary gets 8+. Singletary is faster into the hole and can cut so much better.

8 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

We should give up.

I know your being facetious here, but you know the odds of a victory are slim. It isn’t being down on the Bills, I don’t see a team in the NFL I would take straight up against the Pats. Trust me, I hate it too. Therefore, I don’t think Singletary would be the difference. We could have Saquon and I wouldn’t rush him back for that game. 

Edited by Bills2ref

1 minute ago, Bills2ref said:

I know your being facetious here, but you know the odds of a victory are slim. It isn’t being down on the Bills, I don’t see a team in the NFL I would take straight up against the Pats. Trust me, I hate it too. Therefore, I don’t think Singletary would be the difference. We could have Saquon and I wouldn’t rush him back for that game. 

I'm glad you're not McDermott's speech writer.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I hear you. My problem is how long can Gore keep this up? Why not use Singletary as the featured back and Gore as the change up. At the very least more 50/50. 

Some of this runs today that Gore got 4-6 yards I feel like Singletary gets 8+. Singletary is faster into the hole and can cut so much better.

You would think the coaches would see the obvious. So far not yet.