9/15 Bills at Giants Postgame Thread

Pretty cool seeing Barkley and Allen exchange jerseys after the game. 

Good win today. It wasn’t always pretty but they got the job done. It’s to be somewhat expected in offense though. There are 9 of 11 new starters. 4 alone on the o line. No other offense in the NFL is dealing with quite such a drastic turnover. And we have a still wet behind the ears QB who has yet to even start a full season’s worth of games. 

Its gong to take some time for them to hit their stride consistently, but we are seeing some really nice flashes of what Allen+ this offense can be and it’s really exciting! 

The defense also also had their struggles today, but again, got the job done. But they played well overall. It’s damn tough to fully shut down any offense theee days.

Also, While there’s more continuity on defense, there are still a # of young players at key positions (both starting players and 2nd string guys). 

This looks like like a good, up and coming young team to me. They are playing well when it counts the most and put 2 games away so far. But they’ve yet to fully hit their stride, which leaves me excited to see what comes this season (and beyond)! 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Simstim said:

To me it was a great win, but one that still leaves a few too many questions unanswered.

First thoughts:

Where was the edge pass rush?

What's with some of the play calling (obvs with relation to the 3rd quarter)?

Is Singletary badly hurt?

If not, can we please use him more than Gore? Gore is still reliable, but I want more from the RB. And Singletery has it in spades.

Will Ford get good, and soon? - though I liked his penalty protecting Josh

1) Tough to game the rush, because you do that against a Barkley draw and you might be looking a long way down the field for the next snap.

2) The QB draw in the last 2nd was too cute by half. Who knows what they had dialed up for the 3rd quarter? The tackles couldn't stop false starting on 1st down, put them behind the sticks. The Bills aren't yet able to overcome that consistently. Just some of the time.

3,4,5) Sounds rhetorical

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BillsFan4 said:

Pretty cool seeing Barkley and Allen exchange jerseys after the game. 

Good win today. It wasn’t always pretty but they got the job done. It’s to be somewhat expected in offense though. There are 9 of 11 new starters. 4 alone on the o line. No other offense in the NFL is dealing with quite such a drastic turnover. And we have a still wet behind the ears QB who has yet to even start a full season’s worth of games. 

Its gong to take some time for them to hit their stride consistently, but we are seeing some really nice flashes of what Allen+ this offense can be and it’s really exciting! 

The defense also also had their struggles today, but again, got the job done. But they played well overall. It’s damn tough to fully shut down any offense theee days.

Also, While there’s more continuity on defense, there are still a # of young players at key positions (both starting players and 2nd string guys). 

This looks like like a good, up and coming young team to me. They are playing well when it counts the most and put 2 games away so far. But they’ve yet to fully hit their stride, which leaves me excited to see what comes this season (and beyond)! 

I disagree.  I think it was pretty.  At no time did the Bills seem outmatched.  I think the 2nd half was vanilla on purpose.  This team is going places.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Loved our offense in the first half. Bit of a hiccup in the 3rd quarter. Need to clean up the penalties. Overall, it was a good win.

14 plus 28 = 41

0 plus 14 

in the last 5.5 quarters the Bills have outscored the 2 fake NY teams 

41 to 14 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, billspro said:

True, but it is a young team and it is only week 2. The OL penalties hurt us in the 3rd Q but they will get that cleaned up. They looked like a playoff team today imo. 

That’s all we were saying. Some things were not good at points in the game. 

We won. Great. Now let’s fix it so that next week we’re not worrying about finishing the Bengals. 

Just now, Bangarang said:

Anyone want to talk about taking a knee to end the half with almost a minute and 2 timeouts? Wasn’t a fan at the time.

I want to talk about it.  The Bills were up 2 scores and getting the ball to start 2nd half.  In my opinion the Bills knew they could control this game and didnt want to risk a fluke turnover before the half to kill momentum.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

Agreed, but that PF penalty on the FG was pretty bogus......a call that the Bills would NEVER get in previous years..

True, it was a soft call but the damage was done regardless. That field goal makes it a two possession game and the Giants aren't coming back on this defense. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

14 plus 28 = 41

0 plus 14 

in the last 5.5 quarters the Bills have outscored got 2 fake NY teams 

41 to 14 

Shhhhh.... you'll anger the whole "this team will never beat (fill in the blank) if they play like they did today" crowd....

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Haha (+1) 4