9/15 Bills at Giants Postgame Thread

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

congrats to the bolded.

not sure if that 2nd line is even a compliment to the qb though. if it is it feels backhanded..... allen as played solid ball. agree he has way more room for growth though.

Thanks!

Nothing back handed. He's played okay, although I think the Giants have one of the worst defenses in the league. 

Cincinnati should be a nice match up for him after watching the 49ers blow them out in Cinci. Then the real test will come against New England. 

My biggest issue with the offense so far is personnel and play calling. I think we should be running the ball more. I also think Devin Singletary should be getting the lion's share of the touches at RB, and I think we should cut Zay Jones who is completely useless and give his reps to Robert Foster who we know can stretch the field.

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Congrats man!

We're on baby #3...I can only hope that yours is sleeping well...all 3 of mine have been terrible sleepers :lol:

She just slept through the night 4 days in a row so we're praying that continues because up until now it hasn't been good (short naps, up multiple times overnight). Hoping things improve for you like they have for us. 

4 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Thanks!

Nothing back handed. He's played okay, although I think the Giants have one of the worst defenses in the league. 

Cincinnati should be a nice match up for him after watching the 49ers blow them out in Cinci. Then the real test will come against New England. 

My biggest issue with the offense so far is personnel and play calling. I think we should be running the ball more. I also think Devin Singletary should be getting the lion's share of the touches at RB, and I think we should cut Zay Jones who is completely useless and give his reps to Robert Foster who we know can stretch the field.

She just slept through the night 4 days in a row so we're praying that continues because up until now it hasn't been good (short naps, up multiple times overnight). Hoping things improve for you like they have for us. 

Well, to be honest, we had nowhere to go but up.  Our boys are twins, and they didn't sleep at night (at all--they slept during the day and screamed all night) until they were 4 months old.  Then they'd get up 3-4 times per night until they were a year old.  Started sleeping through the night around 16-18 months and haven't looked back since. They're 6 now, and they sleep a solid 10-12 hours per night consecutive.

Our daughter is going to be 1 on Halloween, and she still gets up 3-4 times per night most nights.  Hoping she follows the same pattern...but man, that first night they sleep through is like God's gift to new parents :D

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Here's my deal:

I've watched this team for going on 30 years now. 17 of that was in utter futility.

This team has shown me several key things that I haven't seen in those 17 years:

1) The ability to close out wins.

2) The ability to come back from mistakes

3) ACTUAL ***** QUARTERBACKING

Do people like you (nitpickers) have the ability to see the forest for the God-foresaken trees?

I don't know if they have the ability to see, or they just like to B word. Some of them are probably just trolls. I have been a Bills fan for 50 years now. I see the same things that you see.

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

That's the issue. You look for what's wrong. We scored 28 points, didn't we? You know what the point average for an NFL team in a game? 24.2 points.  So the Bills were above average today. Yes, yes. They didn't score in the 3Q. What team scores every possession? (Teams playing the Dolphins don't count.)

With you on this, @PromoTheRobot

How many points did Pat Mahomes and the Chiefs score on the Raiders in the 1st quarter? Want to go on their board, and berate Mahomes? 

Perspective is a funny thing... people may want to apply it prior to critiquing the 3rd quarter. Maybe look into all the drive-slaying penalties, or the heavy emphasis on running the ball, when ahead. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

And yet we know there are posters like that. They pop up like weeds after a loss to crow about Bills failure. They get a perverse pleasure from it.

i for one like it that way. things are looking good!  foles gone...ben gone...poor sam , but...and then afcs and west will all beat each other up. the top wc should be in order this year.

plus those guys are saving themselves for the pats game.....

Keep in mind Allen is doing this with what any objective observer would call at BEST an average WR corps

Then think back to last season when he (as a rookie) was working with wideouts and an offensive line that were both suspect

Next year give him a legit WR1 and he's going to DOMINATE the league

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

Keep in mind Allen is doing this with what any objective observer would call at BEST an average WR corps

Then think back to last season when he (as a rookie) was working with wideouts and an offensive line that were both suspect

Next year give him a legit WR1 and he's going to DOMINATE the league

"suspect" is nice of you. They sucked IMHO.