9/15 Bills at Giants Postgame Thread

5 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Come on, @Happy Days, you know that ittakestime for ScottLaw to crawl out from under the troll bridge... 

It's kind of sad to be a Bills fan and not come out and celebrate with your fellow Bills brethren after a victory but rather be so invested in your own negative narrative that you'd rather come out with more zeal after a Bills loss.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Magox said:

It's kind of sad to be a Bills fan and not come out and celebrate with your fellow Bills brethren after a victory but rather be so invested in your own negative narrative that you'd rather come out with more zeal after a Bills loss.

And yet we know there are posters like that. They pop up like weeds after a loss to crow about Bills failure. They get a perverse pleasure from it.

• Thank you (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Come on, @Happy Days, you know that ittakestime for ScottLaw to crawl out from under the troll bridge... 

Wasn’t it jrober the last year or so that had said it’s basically statistically impossible for Allen to ever progress into a solid qb? 

That dude seems to have gone AWOL since Allen starting looking like a Qb back in the summer time. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Magox said:

It's a pretty clear sign of a closet Pat$#!*@ fan, trolling us, if you ask me. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Wasn’t it jrober the last year or so that had said it’s basically statistically impossible for Allen to ever progress into a solid qb? 

That dude seems to have gone AWOL since Allen starting looking like a Qb back in the summer time. 

TSW witness protection. Probably changed his handle to evade his past.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

The 98 yard drive body slammed the collective Giants psyche..

Has anyone else here talked about that drive?  It was absolutely killer!   The G-men made an amazingly good play to pin us deep, with thoughts of last week's safety in all our heads, and the Bills just took the game over.   It was impressive and as you said shut the door on the Giants hopes. 

Edited by Dan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I love how he delayed threw “ ...and women” in there after remembering that PR video that came out this week 

Agreed! Also loved how McD dropped in, "Let's be smart with the media." Discipline extends beyond the sidelines, and this organization gets it... obviously the Pat$#!*$ don't. Proud to be on the right side of that dichotomy.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

It was, but to @jrober38's credit, he's walked his pre-draft position back a bit.

And also to his credit, he has not gone AWOL in the Allen discussions.  He's probably like me: in wait-and-see mode.

It's still so darn early in the kid's career, and we have no idea how he'll respond to the next level of preparation that DCs will have to counter his fast-release and better decision-making...

...but I remain quite optimistic.

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

It was, but to @jrober38's credit, he's walked his pre-draft position back a bit.

And also to his credit, he has not gone AWOL in the Allen discussions.  He's probably like me: in wait-and-see mode.

It's still so darn early in the kid's career, and we have no idea how he'll respond to the next level of preparation that DCs will have to counter his fast-release and better decision-making...

...but I remain quite optimistic.

I’ll admit  it’s clear he hasn’t seen anything resembling a real good defense this year and probably won’t until week 4. 

He’s done what’s needed so far though. 

Gripe with posters like him is.... havnt we all watched enough football to understand pretending like we “know” a player is gonna flop or be a star can make anyone look really foolish? 

6 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Realistically that's his job

We have had sooo many inept offensive coordinators who let the defense dictate their game plan

Daboll looks to be setting the pace so far. He is making defenses react to his offense which is great

That is his job and I will say....last year, I felt he was one of those inept OCs.  We talked about this.  In hindsight, it was either a lot of Castillo's influence not meshing with what Daboll wanted to do, or our personnel (WR, OL and QB) being unable to do a lot of what Daboll wanted to do.  There may also have been learning curves involved.

This year Daboll's got the guys.  I ? at that one throw Beasley caught.  The ball actually was PAST his body by the time he got his hands on it.  He twisted like a cat to bring the ball back to him.  Amazeballs catch.

But last year I also thought Daboll got too cute from time to time, and I think that a little bit this year.  I think he has ulterior motives for some of his play-calling that go beyond the game, and that's fine, but First Things First.  Sometimes I think he's the OC equivalent of the WR who looks upfield before he completes the catch.  I'll try to see if I can't pull out a few plays where I think this.

9 hours ago, mrags said:

I actually don’t look fir what’s wrong. I watch football and I am either pleased with success, or not pleased with failure. It’s as simple as that. I’m glad we won. But I’m not going to sit here and drink the kool-aid and say that because we won, there aren’t things that need to be fixed. Again, even McDermott admitted in his presser that things need to be addressed. 

Im not here to say they need to be perfect, or score on every single drive. I know that is not even reasonable to think that. But I don’t expect them to be dominant for the first 2 quarters (and they were pretty darn close to dominant) and then come out completely flat in the entire 3rd quarter. I don’t remember exactly, but it was 3 or 4 drives that were just absolutely miserable. 

Again, we won. Great. Now let’s work on it so that we don’t have flat spots in the games. Because if we were playing the Pats, or Chiefs, or even a team like Dallas, they all would have taken advantage of our lackluster 3rd Quarter. The fact is, and most people here will tell you, that the Giants and Eli aren’t good. Well, at one point, fairly late in the game, we only had a lead of 7 points. 

I dont want to just win games. I want to be a good team. I want to be a legit playoff team. Not a team that backs into wins. And I’m not saying we did that last week or today. I’m simply saying, if we want to be good and competitive with the best teams in the league, we can’t have entire quarters where we are completely missing. 

Enjoy the win. And have a good night. I know I am. 

Most times the first thing you reference is poor play, yes you do, try for Giggles to reference the win first, then what they may need to work on to get even better,  The way you use words can make you sound endlessly negative, even though you are upbeat about the team. Just sayin bro, ?

Go Bills!!!

44 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I’ll admit  it’s clear he hasn’t seen anything resembling a real good defense this year and probably won’t until week 4. 

He’s done what’s needed so far though. 

Gripe with posters like him is.... havnt we all watched enough football to understand pretending like we “know” a player is gonna flop or be a star can make anyone look really foolish? 

We'll learn something about the Jets defense tonight.

Posters...heck everyone.  If professional prognosticators paid for their football opinion can "know" and get it wrong, easy for us mere "bulletin board Biffs" to do.

1 hour ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Agreed. A wasted opportunity.

You cannot take your foot off of the throat of an opponent.

I have a little bit different perspective.  In general I agree with your philosophy.

The Giants defenses and the Buffalo offense was starting to lose its collective cool.  On the previous possession, what's his Allen-pwned A** name, Lorenzo Carter, had just horse-collared Allen and clubbed him in the head before hurling him down, to atone for getting stiff-armed and knocked down by Allen in 1Q, then held off with an arm long enough for Allen to throw it away that play.  Ford had just taken appropriate exception to this.

Maturity will come, and with it going for the throat unabated.  But at that point, things could have gone south quickly with retaliation, Allen injured, OLmen ejected etc.

We were taking a lead into the half.  Better in those circs to "take a chill pill", kneel a couple times, and let everyone regain their composure.

The thing with Allen, is he's built like an LB or a TE with the quick-twitch athleticism of an RB.  He is tough to bring down, and defenders are taking it personally when he puts a move on them and takes them down.  Allen needs to come to terms with this a little bit IMO (of course, for guys who have played him a couple times, they get the flick and it's not so personal.

25 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Bill Cowher before the Giants game:  Giants will beat the Bills.

Bill Cowher after the Giants game:  New England better watch out for Buffalo.

he actually thought the NYG could be the upset of the week as opposed to he actually thought they would win...I don't think they are quite  the same thing..

And it seems he actually watched the game and has become a JA believer

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, x-BillzeBubba said:

he actually thought the NYG could be the upset of the week as opposed to he actually thought they would win...I don't think they are quite  the same thing..

And it seems he actually watched the game and has become a JA believer

Doesn't an upset, in this case, require the Giants to win the game?

21 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I have a little bit different perspective.  In general I agree with your philosophy.

The Giants defenses and the Buffalo offense was starting to lose its collective cool.  On the previous possession, what's his Allen-pwned A** name, Lorenzo Carter, had just horse-collared Allen and clubbed him in the head before hurling him down, to atone for getting stiff-armed and knocked down by Allen in 1Q, then held off with an arm long enough for Allen to throw it away that play.  Ford had just taken appropriate exception to this.

Maturity will come, and with it going for the throat unabated.  But at that point, things could have gone south quickly with retaliation, Allen injured, OLmen ejected etc.

We were taking a lead into the half.  Better in those circs to "take a chill pill", kneel a couple times, and let everyone regain their composure.

The thing with Allen, is he's built like an LB or a TE with the quick-twitch athleticism of an RB.  He is tough to bring down, and defenders are taking it personally when he puts a move on them and takes them down.  Allen needs to come to terms with this a little bit IMO (of course, for guys who have played him a couple times, they get the flick and it's not so personal.

Agreed... The way the last couple series had gone, I have zero problems with taking a knee and going into the half with a 2 score lead and the ball to start the 3rd quarter.   If you've got better field position, a one score lead, more time on the clock, i.e. if the entire scenario is different; then go for points. But, yesterday, I think getting out of the half without a major F-up was a good call.

Now, the play calling and approach to the 3rd quarter definitely is a different story. They let the Giants get back in the game.   That is when they should have gone for the throat.  McD is a good coach, but too often he gets conservative and relies on his defense to shut a team down.  Problem is, few teams and especially the good teams, are rarely shut down.   Hopefully he learns that lesson before week 4.  

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Most times the first thing you reference is poor play, yes you do, try for Giggles to reference the win first, then what they may need to work on to get even better,  The way you use words can make you sound endlessly negative, even though you are upbeat about the team. Just sayin bro, ?

Go Bills!!!

You don’t see my posts or know me well enough to judge me, bro

Edited by mrags

Just got through security at JFK, already been yelled at by a Jets fan and booed by a Giants fan. Love it. 

I SUBSIST ON THE TEARS OF THE HATERS. I DRINK ALL OF YOUR HATERADE. I DRINK IT UP. 

Edited by jimmy10
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3