9/15 Bills at Giants Postgame Thread

1 minute ago, djp14150 said:

Actually i I thought about this....

instead if running up the score they kept it at 2 scores to keep Eli in the game and not have them  put in their rookie QB.they get to 3 score lead, rookie wildcard comes in and changes mojo.

They commented about this in the halftime report and one of the guys said something along the lines of "I doubt they are going to fire up the offense by putting a rookie in against this defense" 

58 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Frank is a beast !!! Was a little wrecking ball today. Love how he ran that guy over to score.

And, he did a nice job of blocking on the QB sweep TD.  He’s a “pro’s pro” and I’m glad I finally get to see it ... and appreciate it (and I hope Singletary is soaking it all up).  

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

At some point some people are going to have to stop being upset that this team isn’t Kansas City or before they know it the season will be half over and they will have missed the enjoyment of a pretty good team.

2017 was not great, but it was so much fun, and the streak ended and I still had friends who were reluctant to get on the band wagon...during playoff week.  Seriously, they missed a pretty good season because they just wouldn’t believe.

A lot of fans are myopic at best, downright demented at worst.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

I disagree that they were overconfident. They were getting beat for 1/4. It happens during a game. I still don’t understand why people are not getting this. Let me repeat, they did not come out overconfident.

I agree that they were not overconfident, but I think there probably was a decrease in intensity.  That is something that is very difficult to avoid, but I'll bet Sean addresses it with his team this week.  The Giants probably made some halftime adjustments as well.  Buffalo made some adjustments defensively after the first Giants drive, but when they were successful in the rest of the first half didn't see any reason to make a lot of them during half time.  

17 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Yeah they did.

When you dont have intensity when your ahead, you are overconfident. It was obvious.

Not obvious in the least. There was an opposing defense on the field. No one can read their minds. They were just getting out played for 1/4. So I disagree but I will let it go here.

14 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

it wasn't the play calling, it was the players sense of urgency that waned. It was clear to see that they didnt have a fire in their eyes and their body language was lackadaisical. They threw passes but just didn't execute.

They cant be overconfident during the game.

While I did not like the play of the offense in the 3Q, or even the strategy at the end of 2Q, I don’t think they were overconfident.  Lacking in consistent execution is more like it.  

The team is young in critical positions, there are lots off new players and coaches.  They are improving but they are not a juggernaut.   Yet.  

They are an up and coming team.    I expect to see sustained improvement as the season progresses.  Really enjoying 2-0 with the home opener coming.  

26 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Duuudddeee 100% I enjoyed every single last bit of that season. The whole “ not getting burned” crap is so stupid to me. A LOT of people missed out on an amazing roller coaster ride that year. 

People don’t know how to still

enjoy a season but keep it real with their expectations as well. They don’t have to be mutually exclusive 

Guilty here.  At least at first.  But if I wanted to remain a Bills fan over the last two decades I had to learn how to do that one way or another.  Being a Bills fan teaches one many things.

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I get the frustration and was yelling at the TV like a lot of other people.  BUT this is how the Bills are going to play it, at least for the first half of the season. 

The reality is that we're going to lose a game because of doing this - guaranteed.  But in defense of the coaches we'll never know how many games we will win because we put the onus on the defense to protect a 2 score lead.  My guess is we'll win more then we lose doing this.

We had 10 offensive plays in the 3rd qtr, 7 of the plays were pass attempts.  Is your problem that we didn't run the ball enough in the 3rd?

47 minutes ago, Goldenrod2000 said:

I get Zay Jones draft position, but I really think we would be better off with Duke Williams on the active roster at this point

Why?

3 hours ago, mrags said:

Bah. Take some safe throws, or deep shots downfield. Put the nail in the coffin with a 21pt lead and getting the ball at the half. 

3 hours ago, mrags said:

Bah. Take some safe throws, or deep shots downfield. Put the nail in the coffin with a 21pt lead and getting the ball at the half. 

I see it both ways. In following this team for 53 years I have seen so many bonehead, botched end-of-first half efforts resulting in points the other way, I'm relieved when the kneel it with a lead. But  I also think with that time left and 2 timeouts, great teams take a shot. I think if Josh keeps progressing, they will get more aggressive.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I said this in another thread..................

I wish people would stop comparing Allen to Newton.

Difference is Allen considerable more arm talent than Newton, so the comparison is stupid.

Agreed. Allen had a low completion percentage last year because of his decision making. Not because he is inaccurate. That's showing this year as his comp percentage his increased dramatically because he is making better decisions and taking easy completions.

Newton is an actual inaccurate QB. Doesn't mean he can't win, but man his arm is scatter shot.

And obviously a big difference between them is their temperament, leadership, maturity, and competitiveness. When Newton is having a bad game he shuts down and hangs his head. Allen continues to lead and tries to fire up the defense.