9/15 Bills at Giants Postgame Thread

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

I get the frustration and was yelling at the TV like a lot of other people.  BUT this is how the Bills are going to play it, at least for the first half of the season. 

The reality is that we're going to lose a game because of doing this - guaranteed.  But in defense of the coaches we'll never know how many games we will win because we put the onus on the defense to protect a 2 score lead.  My guess is we'll win more then we lose doing this.

thats stupid if they do and i hope they dont, 3rd quarter is way too early to burn clock.

It's a good sign when you're winning games not playing your best on the road.  Just keep winning the games you're supposed to win, and pull off a few there the oddsmakers deem you an underdog, and you'll be in the playoffs.  

1 hour ago, RobbRiddick said:

Not as fun as the Jets forum last week, but this thread should be good. Look at the reply at the top of this page (after Barkley scores) "We are going to own them"

Erm, nope!

http://bbwc.com/thread/3867/game-thread-wk-bills-giants?page=2

This was a good read. It’s just like here, they started out on top of the world and then crashed like an addict LOL...

1 hour ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Dont let your meat loaf

LOL...

1 hour ago, billsfan_34 said:

How can people be arguing after a W?

What weather? 

In good weather I meant....

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

thats stupid if they do and i hope they dont, 3rd quarter is way too early to burn clock.

It's going to depend on the game situation.  If they're locked in a shoot out with Brady and up by two scores in the 3rd they'll need to keep attacking.  But today they were confident that Eli & the Giants were not going to score on any 2 minute 75 yard drives.  As a fan I'm not thrilled with that type of thinking but then again I watch these games with my heart NOT my head.  Fortunately for all of us the coaches use a little more of their brains in managing these games.

• Like (+1) 3

42 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Is it just me or does Zay Jones have the smallest catch area ever? He seems like he needs the ball thrown absolutely perfectly to make a catch. This too me is why he seems to never have chemistry with the QB.

Nope not just you. You are spot on with your assessment on him. He can never make a contested catch

• Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

They weren’t trying to burn the clock at the beginning of the third-quarter. They were trying to establish a running game. There is a big difference. They were not going ultra conservative. Give the Giants defense some credit. They made some adjustments and shut our offense down for a quarter. A lot of you don’t seem to be getting this.

41 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Hell yeah !! Allen is legit, and im just guessing, but i bet his complication percentage was 70%.

we finally have the real deal at QB and the next 15-20 yrs are going to be great and those who cant see that are willingly ignorant.

Josh has definitely improved his accuracy but what he has to work on now is his ball placement. Way too many yards left on the field because he's not hitting receivers in stride, balls are high and some are behind. Receivers are hitting the turf after the catch instead of turning upfield because of body position. The big difference is he has quality WRs this season and it's paying immediate dividends.

Edited by billsbackto81

3 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

They won by 2 TD.

But it wasn't pretty.

*face on desk*

At some point some people are going to have to stop being upset that this team isn’t Kansas City or before they know it the season will be half over and they will have missed the enjoyment of a pretty good team.

2017 was not great, but it was so much fun, and the streak ended and I still had friends who were reluctant to get on the band wagon...during playoff week.  Seriously, they missed a pretty good season because they just wouldn’t believe.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

They weren’t trying to burn the clock at the beginning of the third-quarter. They were trying to establish a running game. There is a big difference. They were not going ultra conservative. Give the Giants defense some credit. They made some adjustments and shut our offense down for a quarter. A lot of you don’t seem to be getting this.

it wasn't the play calling, it was the players sense of urgency that waned. It was clear to see that they didnt have a fire in their eyes and their body language was lackadaisical. They threw passes but just didn't execute.

They cant be overconfident during the game.

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

it wasn't the play calling, it was the players sense of urgency that waned. It was clear to see that they didnt have a fire in their eyes and their body language was lackadaisical. They threw passes but just didn't execute.

They cant be overconfident during the game.

I disagree that they were overconfident. They were getting beat for 1/4. It happens during a game. I still don’t understand why people are not getting this. Let me repeat, they did not come out overconfident.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Mojo44 said:

I disagree that they were overconfident. They were getting beat for 1/4. It happens during a game. I still don’t understand why people are not getting this. Let me repeat, they did not come out overconfident.

Yeah they did.

When you dont have intensity when your ahead, you are overconfident. It was obvious.

7 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

At some point some people are going to have to stop being upset that this team isn’t Kansas City or before they know it the season will be half over and they will have missed the enjoyment of a pretty good team.

2017 was not great, but it was so much fun, and the streak end d and I had friends who got on the band wagon too late...during playoff week.  Seriously, they missed a pretty good season because they just wouldn’t believe.

Duuudddeee 100% I enjoyed every single last bit of that season. The whole “ not getting burned” crap is so stupid to me. A LOT of people missed out on an amazing roller coaster ride that year. 

People don’t know how to still

enjoy a season but keep it real with their expectations as well. They don’t have to be mutually exclusive 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

It's going to depend on the game situation.  If they're locked in a shoot out with Brady and up by two scores in the 3rd they'll need to keep attacking.  But today they were confident that Eli & the Giants were not going to score on any 2 minute 75 yard drives.  As a fan I'm not thrilled with that type of thinking but then again I watch these games with my heart NOT my head.  Fortunately for all of us the coaches use a little more of their brains in managing these games.

Actually i I thought about this....

instead if running up the score they kept it at 2 scores to keep Eli in the game and not have them  put in their rookie QB.they get to 3 score lead, rookie wildcard comes in and changes mojo.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

Duuudddeee 100% I enjoyed every single last bit of that season. The whole “ not getting burned” crap is so stupid to me. A LOT of people missed out on an amazing roller coaster ride that year. 

Honestly, Stank, there is no hyperbole in my comments about my friends...no win was satisfactory enough for them that year, and they would not buy in.  Life long bills fans who had felt duped in the past.

i didn’t intentionally rub it in but I told them right after the game between the bengals and a Ravens the drought ended and you missed it entirely, especially over the last few weeks.  You woke up after the credits were rolling and someone told you what happened.