9/15 Bills at Giants Postgame Thread

1 minute ago, DuckyBoys said:

think he was trying to go deep on at least one of the tipped balls  It will come together

Allen is going to see his share of tipped balls as most defensive lines are being coached to keep him hemmed in the pocket because he can take off on them, and to follow his eyes.

You see this especially from the edge guys. If their first move does not create a path to Allen they drop back a bit and follow his eyes. Its those times that our o-linemen have to be a bit aggressive and get their hands into their body so they cannot time their leap or focus on Allen.

That is a lot to ask from Ford who considering how far I feel he had to come with his foot speed as a rookie to be where he needed to be to beat speed rushers when playing RT, he has done a decent job ( with a few hiccups) of taking away the outside rush leverage. That being said, he has to give up more than a bit of cushion to the rusher to recover from any moves they throw at him.

He is no where near his ceiling and I think we have a good one - I loved the way they flocked to Allen's aid. Sending a message about protecting their QB - we needed that more last year.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, WideNine said:

Allen is going to see his share of tipped balls as most defensive lines are being coached to keep him hemmed in the pocket because he can take off on them, and to follow his eyes.

You see this especially from the edge guys. If their first move does not create a path to Allen they drop back a bit and follow his eyes. Its those times that our o-linemen have to be a bit aggressive and get their hands into their body so they cannot time their leap or focus on Allen.

That is a lot to ask from Ford who considering how far I feel he had to come with his foot speed as a rookie to be where he needed to be to beat speed rushers when playing RT, he has done a decent job ( with a few hiccups) of taking away the outside rush leverage. That being said, he has to give up more than a bit of cushion to the rusher to recover from any moves they throw at him.

He is no where near his ceiling and I think we have a good one - I loved the way they flocked to Allen's aid. Sending a message about protecting their QB - we needed that more last year.

The short pass over the middle I think on third down that Beasley made a diving catch on, the pass was going to be blocked at the line and Josh wisely changed his motion and threw it sidearm, eluding the tip. Really nice play all around.

Is the Bills offensive line going to be good enough for the rest of the season?

Because really, that's the f-ing key.

(A female caller just said this live on WGR-550 post game show, dropping the F bomb which got through).

:lol:

50 minutes ago, mrags said:

Some people have watched teams ***** victory from the jaws of defeat way too many times. 

Nothing bad could have come taking some deep shots, or safe throws down the field in attempt to put the game away. 

I just realized this. Can I really not say S N A T C H

1 hour ago, klos63 said:

after he picked the Giants to win this morning.

If he did, he changed his mind.  I heard his "blazing five" yesterday and he said Buffalo has excellent coaching and a great defense, so even though he usually picks underdogs he was going with the Bills as road favorites.

55 minutes ago, mrags said:

Bah. Take some safe throws, or deep shots downfield. Put the nail in the coffin with a 21pt lead and getting the ball at the half. 

Agreed. You would never see New England do this unless the weather dictated it. Show your young Q B you have confidence in him to put a nsil in the coffin...

2 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

The short pass over the middle I think on third down that Beasley made a diving catch on, the pass was going to be blocked at the line and Josh wisely changed his motion and threw it sidearm, eluding the tip. Really nice play all around.

Yep. That one caught my eye.

Would like to see Josh master the pump fake, but the few times he has done that or patted the ball I don't think it has turned out well - usually too much mustard or he has telegraphed the play to a defender playing the deep ball. Savvy veteran QBs learn over time how to fake enough to get defenders to mistime their leaps. Allen will get there, but I like that he is learning to find ways to create throwing lanes this early in his growth.

I felt that going to that QB draw again was Daboll getting a bit too cute, but the first one worked fine and the holding on Morse was bogus. That being said I thought the penalty on the Giants for "touching" our long snapper that gave us a fresh set of downs was pretty ticky-tacky too. Would have preferred less flags all around, but I think the mess sort of played out evenly.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 3