Updated: Dougie & Jalen had to be seperated - Ramsey told his agent he is done in Jax - more so with FO & Org

Reed83HOF

On 9/17/2019 at 5:40 PM, Codyny13 said:

Yea but Norman is a zone corner, always has been. They might be multiple, but I’d like to see what percentage they actually play in man. Again, you want to bring in a loud mouth, (who talks trash about our QB) to a predominant zone coverage team after he just said “I don’t want to play zone.” I’ll pass.

On 9/17/2019 at 6:36 PM, Mat68 said:

McDermott is a rare defensive coach.  He is not tied to a "defense".  Cover 2, Cover 3 the 46.  Most defensive minded coaches and co Ordinators believe too much in "their" scheme.  McDermott schemes week to week.  I dont think Buffalo has the talent to make the superbowl.  I think Buffalo can easily make the playoffs.  I would give up a first plus.  To have Ramsey for 2 meetings with Ne maybe another, or a playoff game vs Kc.

No defensive coordinator is strictly tied to a man to man or zone principles 100%

McDermott runs variations of cover 3 , 2, man to man , cover 6 traps and more

Even a cover 3 defense like Seattle plays man around 40% of the time

That's why McDermott is so successful. He can show cover 4 but it will be a cover 6 trap .. or show cover 1 robber and bail out to cover 2 man

He runs all coverages and disguises looks

26 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

All I can think about is Tre on one side and Jalen on the other.... Poyer and Hyde... and our front 7.... wow!

Although it’s a long shot, if we want to beat Brady and Mahomes, this would be a phenomenal start!!  

I think it's important for the team to at least keep the illusion that they are going to be willing to pay Tre White..............if they traded a 1st for Ramsey it would be pretty clear that that was not the case.

Almost on cue this week Tre started talking about how under appreciated he is.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I think it's important for the team to at least keep the illusion that they are going to be willing to pay Tre White..............if they traded a 1st for Ramsey it would be pretty clear that that was not the case.

Feelings side, its smart imo to draft CBs and get 4 or 5 years of quality cost-controlled play.  I'm a proponent of drafting CBs in every draft.  Just not sold on paying them huge money. 

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 9:13 PM, Mat68 said:

Ramsey and White would give Buffalo the best Duo in the league.  To be Elite and a Superbowl contender you need Elite players.  Elite players bring their own baggage.  Bruce, Kelly they all had their moments.  Ramsey is an elite cornerback.  In McDermotts defense he would be a star.  

I wholeheartedly agree. While he's a bit of a diva, to be added to this Bills defense and build one of the best all time defenses is extremely tempting. And, would truly give Buffalo a boost that brings them to NE/KC's level. I say let's do it. But, have a talk with the young man and feel him out and determine if he's team-first or Jalen-first.

Many have joked, "oh, he'll end up in NE." If he's such an egomaniac, how would he handle BB compared with St. Dougie? It's all on him and what he really wants out of football. I think coming here might realistically get a Super Bowl ring. That's worth the cost, to me.

32 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

When did he say that

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Totally agree - you just CAN’T trade for Jalen and make him the richest CB in the league after Tre has completely bought into the program.  It’s just not the right message.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Here's a question: if Ramsey were to be traded today, could he play for his new team on Sunday after playing last night?

Outside of not knowing scheme and verbiage I don't see why not. I am unaware of playtime rules in the NFL

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Here's a question: if Ramsey were to be traded today, could he play for his new team on Sunday after playing last night?

No

Just now, ddaryl said:

Outside of not knowing scheme and verbiage I don't see why not. I am unaware of playtime rules in the NFL

He is only allowed to be on one active 46 man roster per week

• Thank you (+1) 2

On 9/17/2019 at 2:57 PM, thebandit27 said:

The AFC team is almost certainly the Chiefs.

The Chiefs already have no second round pick next year. I'm a little doubtful of them being the interested party. I immediately thought of the Ravens, and it turns out I might be right! https://ravenswire.usatoday.com/2019/09/19/report-ravens-have-made-strong-inquiry-about-jalen-ramsey-trade/

4 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

Anyone know if a player has ever played 17 regular season games? 

A player would have had to been traded before their original team's bye week, after the new team's bye week, and stay healthy for 17 games.

Yes...Trindon Holliday (sp?) for Denver was traded to Houston a few years back and did so IIRC

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

When did he say that

It was in an article, but I got the sense that he was talking about being underrated by fans (non-Bills) and the media, due to what's asked of him within the defense. 

I think Bills' fans might really need to make a concerted effort to try and get TreD voted into the Pro Bowl if he's deserving; otherwise, he may begin feeling like the only way to receive that recognition as one of the best, is by playing elsewhere on defense. Hopefully the league and media would do its part after that.

Another Stephen Gilmore-type story could be in place if TreD were to leave.

• Like (+1) 1

My gosh what happened to the days where the coaches and players had it out then hugged it out later? Now it's as if you say a word to these players and they want to up and leave, what a bunch of children. It's becoming obnoxious, like in Miami these players want to leave because they're losing? I get it they're losing on purpose but many players also have opportunities there as well, instead of being crybabies why not showcase your talent and become the centerpiece? It's really getting bad imo.

• Thank you (+1) 1