Updated: Dougie & Jalen had to be seperated - Ramsey told his agent he is done in Jax - more so with FO & Org

Reed83HOF

12 hours ago, Allen2Moulds said:

Hands down, the best corner in the league. Jax problems have everything to do with poor QB play and bad coaching, and little to do with Ramsey. Yes, he's a big trash talker, but backs it up. I don't understand why people here take it personal. 

He is a great player, but his mouth is bigger than he is. How could he possibly back up saying he would be in the NHL in a year?

15 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Ramsey and White would give Buffalo the best Duo in the league.  To be Elite and a Superbowl contender you need Elite players.  Elite players bring their own baggage.  Bruce, Kelly they all had their moments.  Ramsey is an elite cornerback.  In McDermotts defense he would be a star.  

He is good however we tend to run more zone coverage, rather then man to man, something he’s having an active problem with in Jax.

2 minutes ago, Codyny13 said:

He is good however we tend to run more zone coverage, rather then man to man, something he’s having an active problem with in Jax.

McDermotts defense is more multiple in coverage.  Given White and Ramsey, I think you would see McDermott get more exotic in their coverages. Norman was in the conversation for best Cb in the league with McDermott.  

3 hours ago, Mat68 said:

McDermotts defense is more multiple in coverage.  Given White and Ramsey, I think you would see McDermott get more exotic in their coverages. Norman was in the conversation for best Cb in the league with McDermott.  

Yea but Norman is a zone corner, always has been. They might be multiple, but I’d like to see what percentage they actually play in man. Again, you want to bring in a loud mouth, (who talks trash about our QB) to a predominant zone coverage team after he just said “I don’t want to play zone.” I’ll pass.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Codyny13 said:

Yea but Norman is a zone corner, always has been. They might be multiple, but I’d like to see what percentage they actually play in man. Again, you want to bring in a loud mouth, (who talks trash about our QB) to a predominant zone coverage team after he just said “I don’t want to play zone.” I’ll pass.

McDermott is a rare defensive coach.  He is not tied to a "defense".  Cover 2, Cover 3 the 46.  Most defensive minded coaches and co Ordinators believe too much in "their" scheme.  McDermott schemes week to week.  I dont think Buffalo has the talent to make the superbowl.  I think Buffalo can easily make the playoffs.  I would give up a first plus.  To have Ramsey for 2 meetings with Ne maybe another, or a playoff game vs Kc.

49 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

McDermott is a rare defensive coach.  He is not tied to a "defense".  Cover 2, Cover 3 the 46.  Most defensive minded coaches and co Ordinators believe too much in "their" scheme.  McDermott schemes week to week.  I dont think Buffalo has the talent to make the superbowl.  I think Buffalo can easily make the playoffs.  I would give up a first plus.  To have Ramsey for 2 meetings with Ne maybe another, or a playoff game vs Kc.

That’s all well and good, nobody is debating his talent. My point is he’s actively voicing his displeasure with not being in a let’s say “predominantly” man coverage scheme. The same thing would be the case here. So you’d bring in a boisterous unhappy guy into the same situation he’s in Jax, that’s number 1. Number 2, he’s publicly bashed our captain and quarterback Josh Allen. They may be able to patch that up, but that being said, would he even come to a team with a “trash” quarterback. Number 3, you’re going to give up a first rounder, plus whatever for a guy with one year left on his contract. He’s looking to become the highest paid corner in football, if you do that, what do you with Tre White? You can’t pay everyone. I like what I’m seeing with the development of Wallace.

• Like (+1) 1

If im a team im not trading these whiny brats as it just makes other weak minded individuals do the same thing. Players getting their way in these instances sets a bad precedent around the league. I play him and if he plays bad hes going on the bench or inactive and if he still causes problems i suspend him and trade him in the offseason.

3 minutes ago, Codyny13 said:

That’s all well and good, nobody is debating his talent. My point is he’s actively voicing his displeasure with not being in a let’s say “predominantly” man coverage scheme. The same thing would be the case here. So you’d bring in a boisterous unhappy guy into the same situation he’s in Jax, that’s number 1. Number 2, he’s publicly bashed our captain and quarterback Josh Allen. They may be able to patch that up, but that being said, would he even come to a team with a “trash” quarterback. Number 3, you’re going to give up a first rounder, plus whatever for a guy with one year left on his contract. He’s looking to become the highest paid corner in football, if you do that, what do you with Tre White? You can’t pay everyone. I like what I’m seeing with the development of Wallace.

McDermotts defense is not Jacksonville.  He doesnt ask his players to do unrealistic things.  That's why Jacksonvilles defense routinely give up big plays.  McDermott has the defensive mind to shut down NE and Kc with Ramsey added to the team.  Yes, he is a mouth.  Many here wanted Mayfield for the same reason.  He didn't do an interview about Allen.  He bashed every Qb he faced that season besides Watson.  Finally, yes.  I would give up a 1st and 3rd for the best shutdown Cb in the league in hia prime for a defensive minded coach in a conference with Ried and Mahomes.   Buffalo has 100 mil in cap space.  They can afford to Pay Ramsey and everyone else.

4 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

McDermotts defense is not Jacksonville.  He doesnt ask his players to do unrealistic things.  That's why Jacksonvilles defense routinely give up big plays.  McDermott has the defensive mind to shut down NE and Kc with Ramsey added to the team.  Yes, he is a mouth.  Many here wanted Mayfield for the same reason.  He didn't do an interview about Allen.  He bashed every Qb he faced that season besides Watson.  Finally, yes.  I would give up a 1st and 3rd for the best shutdown Cb in the league in hia prime for a defensive minded coach in a conference with Ried and Mahomes.   Buffalo has 100 mil in cap space.  They can afford to Pay Ramsey and everyone else.

I think [Buffalo Bills draft pick Josh] Allen is trash. I don’t care what nobody say. He’s trash,” Ramsey told Clay Skipper of GQ Magazine. “And it’s gonna show too. That’s a stupid draft pick to me. We play them this year, and I’m excited as hell. I hope he’s their starting quarterback.”

No, you can’t pay everyone. That’s exactly what happened with Doug Whaley. That’s why we just cleared it up, not to jump right back into paying #######s Kings salaries.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

The Coughlin era in Jax has been exceptional.  Retained Marrone, extended Bortles, and have slowly dismantled the defense that carried them to the AFC Championship game.  Good work guys.

I'm not sure I can agree with you here. That team was never that good. It was a total fluke that they made it as far as they did that one season. I mean they barely beat the Bills that year. They didn't really dismantle anything of substance, IMO.

Edited by vincec

1 minute ago, Playoffs? said:

All I can think about is Tre on one side and Jalen on the other.... Poyer and Hyde... and our front 7.... wow!

Although it’s a long shot, if we want to beat Brady and Mahomes, this would be a phenomenal start!!  

i do wonder what he might be like under a coach who  commands respect and is a true leader of men, as opposed to Marrone . And i am not being snarky, i think it it is obvious Marrone lacks the skills to be a leader

• Like (+1) 1