Bills at Giants Pre-Game thread

YoloinOhio

14 minutes ago, teef said:

I’ve got the morning all planned it too to kill time. 

Ill go to the office for a bit, then at 11, the winery across the street from us is having their fall celebration. Food trucks, wine tasting and craft beer for a couple of hours. By 1 I’ll have a mild buzz going and will be ready to yell at the screen. 

I’m going to the gym.  Maybe by game time, I’ll have a black eye.

5 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I use a zester to shave whole cinnamon and nutmeg into the grounds, toss in a few whole cloves, and use powder for the ginger and turmeric. It's a nice spicy blend without being too overwhelming, plus the anti-inflammatory benefits are legit.

Dang. I was worried people would think I was too bougee for grinding my own beans and using a French press. 

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, richNjoisy said:

I posted this in another thread (TV Guide).  Bills at Giants not listed as the game in NJ.  It is the Miami game. It has to be a mistake but the locals are going nuts.

I noticed that, too, last night when I went to set my DVR.  I suspect it has to do with the Giants being an NFC team (and normally on Fox), so the guide folks assumed the CBS game would be the Pats* game.  Like you, I’m hoping they’re wrong.....

Church just changed to winter hours. 10:45am start. Gonna have to ask the pastor to keep his message short. 

Then rushing home, set up griddle, tailgate outside the shop and make hot dogs with meat sauce and pastrami reubens.

Gonna be a beautiful day. A win would be even better. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

This truly is the best time of year.

My morning:

Coffee brewed with cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, clove, and turmeric 

Homemade French toast for the wife and kids (Chocolate protein shake for me)

A Star Wars movie for the twins

Jumper time for baby girl and dad

Come 1:00, NFL football 

No Sunday morning Mass? 

2 minutes ago, Chandemonium said:

Dang. I was worried people would think I was too bougee for grinding my own beans and using a French press. 

Oh screw that noise. I've been drinking coffee black since I was 11.

Adding some spice on occasion can augment the tasting notes in that particular blend, and you've no need to apologize for it my friend!

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I don't understand people who add flavors to coffee.

See above. Once I am about halfway through a bag, and I know the tasting notes, I like to contrast and augment with other things 

2 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Church just changed to winter hours. 10:45am start. Gonna have to ask the pastor to keep his message short. 

Then rushing home, set up griddle, tailgate outside the shop and make hot dogs with meat sauce and pastrami reubens.

2 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

No Sunday morning Mass? 

Tuesday service during the school year.

I learned a few years ago that my Heavenly Father is totally cool with me attending service on a day that's not Sunday ?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Oh screw that noise. I've been drinking coffee black since I was 11.

Adding some spice on occasion can augment the tasting notes in that particular blend, and you've no need to apologize for it my friend!

See above. Once I am about halfway through a bag, and I know the tasting notes, I like to contrast and augment with other things 

Tuesday service during the school year.

I learned a few years ago that my Heavenly Father is totally cool with me attending service on a day that's not Sunday ?

??

• Like (+1) 1

Wife and I are getting ready for a 2 hour drive from Rochester (listening to PreGame on Radio) to Cuba NY area,  to go to my son's girlfriend's family for the first time - They are great people and also Bills Fans so we will all watch the game together.  Our first time visiting them - l  get antsy during the game so pray l don't scream too loud - lol.  They are cooking a Tailgate Theme so hope they understand and scream with me...    Go Bills! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Sounds great, Fergs!

I'm making a fresh batch of my DiABLO hot sauce.  Throwing some homegrown peppers, ghost peppers, habaneros, jalapenos, garlic, onion and a green tomato in the smoker for a couple hours.

Gone make a Mexican pizza and some Buffalo-style meatballs later.

The Beer Fairy came (one of my supervisors at work) and delivered two Focals and two Headys; plus I still have one Holy Cow left (thank you, sir).

It's a great day for FOOTBALL!

GO BEELS!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1