UB getting annihilated by Liberty...guess they are back to sucking

Big Turk

41 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

A shame they couldn't get outta the Mac into a more respectable conference when they had the national attention (especially in bball). That MAC is a tough draw for recruiting and not to mention all the transfers with players and coaches.

The aren't leaving anytime soon and it was never seriously on the table as of now

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

It was fun while it lasted..UB looks like its going to be pretty terrible this year...getting blown out by Liberty 35-10 in the 4th??

Liberty is on the up and up

It's funny to see the people here bash UB lol they lost to a D1 football team it happens

They lost soooo much talent from last year its obviously gonna take some time to get

Sounds like a bunch of Fairweather fans who hopped on the wagon after 10 wins last year lol

Today wasn't ideal but the way people here are posting it's like they think they will be a 1 win team lol

Their best receiving threat was out and the game didn't go there way

It's easy to see who the real UB fans are who have been with the team since the inception

34 minutes ago, dubs said:

I mean, if you’re going to grab a QB from buffalo, at least go Monsignor Martin league. 

I kid i kid. Hope the kid does well. He looked good in the first half against We are Pedo State. 

He did play in the monsignor Martin league at Bishop Timon till his SR year

• Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

A shame they couldn't get outta the Mac into a more respectable conference when they had the national attention (especially in bball). That MAC is a tough draw for recruiting and not to mention all the transfers with players and coaches.

Big Ben and Antonio Brown are from the MAC!

7 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Why, the nerve of them!

I know I know lol- that learning thing gets in the way lol. Staff fights tooth and nail for their budget which doesn’t leave much for sports. Also, UB doesn’t have any “easy programs” for athletes. They should definitely have D-1 hockey with an Arena. Heck, NU is D-1 and has a great complex and Buff state at D-3 has a nice facility also.

A kid from my son’s HS team (and AAU hoops team) played at Liberty and got a tryout with the Falcons. Had to find a “real” job, but a good player. If only UB had a QB who didn’t jump too soon looking for the big lights and payday. I don’t follow the program, but I’d bet the team and the man would be better if he had stayed. Live and learn. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Augie said:

A kid from my son’s HS team (and AAU hoops team) played at Liberty and got a tryout with the Falcons. Had to find a “real” job, but a good player. If only UB had a QB who didn’t jump too soon looking for the big lights and payday. I don’t follow the program, but I’d bet the team and the man would be better if he had stayed. Live and learn. 

Tyree was given bad advice plain and simple

UB would be rocking with him RN... Now they gotta take some lumps with a Frosh QB

It will help in the long run getting the Frosh live reps

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

It's funny to see the people here bash UB lol they lost to a D1 football team it happens

They lost soooo much talent from last year its obviously gonna take some time to get

Sounds like a bunch of Fairweather fans who hopped on the wagon after 10 wins last year lol

Today wasn't ideal but the way people here are posting it's like they think they will be a 1 win team lol

Their best receiving threat was out and the game didn't go there way

It's easy to see who the real UB fans are who have been with the team since the inception

I'm not a fan, but success for the school means success for the city. Im definitely a big fan of Buffalo.

13 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

I'm not a fan, but success for the school means success for the city. Im definitely a big fan of Buffalo.

The program is only 20 years old still at the D1 level

Sometimes you need to remind yourself that... There have been highs but there will still be lows like today

It's a young team and the future is bright for UB Athletics

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.