Gardner Minshew, Jax QB - savage (update Foles is back as Jags starter)

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

I feel like he’s either going to fade into obscurity once Foles comes back, or be the next Brady.

I agree.  If he plays well until Foles is able to come back, I think other teams will have taken notice and he can wind up elsewhere.  Too many teams need a QB.  I would suspect Jax will stick with Foles because of the financial commitment they made to him.

12 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

There is no comparison is my point. He hasn't done anything in the league to warrant as much love as people are giving him except dress funny, hence why I bring up Newton.

You talked about Cam getting hammered for dressing like an old woman, but then said people love Minshew. Then you put smdh. Minshew dresses like a 70's rock star, not an old woman, has put together a few good games, and people love it. Why does this irk you? You were the one that brought up their attire and not their accomplishments. 

11 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

There is no comparison is my point. He hasn't done anything in the league to warrant as much love as people are giving him except dress funny, hence why I bring up Newton.

Do you even NFL, bruh?! I work at GMFB. I watch every game. Initially, I was skeptical like you. I thought he was merely the most transformative athlete this pro sport has ever seen in its illustrious 100-year history. But after Thursday night's game, I'm now convinced. He is the son of God, presumably back again this time to do good against the very dark forces that inhabit this beloved league of ours (Doug Marrone, Patriots, etc...). Will you bow down immediately and deliver your oath of fealty to Gardner Minshew, young GoBills808? Or will you continue to be a skeptical d!ck and pollute this message board with your heresy? Your choice. Make it a good one. As for me? I'm prepping my private parts in anticipation of Gardner's next mandate. Godspeed, GoBills808. Godspeed.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, H2o said:

You talked about Cam getting hammered for dressing like an old woman, but then said people love Minshew. Then you put smdh. Minshew dresses like a 70's rock star, not an old woman, has put together a few good games, and people love it. Why does this irk you? You were the one that brought up their attire and not their accomplishments. 

...give the damn kid a break on his first pass.....Scam Newton is "old hat"..AND pun intended.....the ME boy is done.........

• Haha (+1) 1

The No Fun League is starting to get fun again.

Josh's "I am in NY" and "One NY team" correction of the media".

This 6th round cat walks onto the stage rocking the handle bar mustache, reflective clothing, chest hair he could put into braids, to bass-slapping 70's Starsky and Hutch retro music and actually wins.

AB, like a super nova, falls back into and implodes against the weight of his own ego and stupidity...

This week has... been....Awesome. Taking a deep satisfying breath to enjoy the moment.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 8

13 minutes ago, WideNine said:

The No Fun League is starting to get fun again.

Josh's "I am in NY" and "One NY team" correction of the media".

This 6th round cat walks onto the stage rocking the handle bar mustache, reflective clothing, chest hair he could put into braids, to bass-slapping 70's Starsky and Hutch retro music and actually wins.

AB, like a super nova, falls back into and implodes against the weight if his own ego and stupidity...

This week has... been....Awesome. Taking a deep satisfying breath to enjoy the moment.

nice.

• Thank you (+1) 1

https://www.barstoolsports.com/boston/pmt-9-20-gardner-minshew-warren-sharp-nfl-week-3-preview-mr-portnoy

“I was pretty pissed so I started looking around at what I could do and what my options were. The only thing I could do would be to get a medical redshirt,” he said. “So I get an idea. I go home, I grabbed a bottle of Jack Daniels, and I grab a hammer. And I go back in my room, I take a pull of Jack Daniels and put my hand down on the table and boom, boom, boom! One, two, three, and hit the hell out of my hand, dude!”

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, nrenegar said:

https://www.barstoolsports.com/boston/pmt-9-20-gardner-minshew-warren-sharp-nfl-week-3-preview-mr-portnoy

“I was pretty pissed so I started looking around at what I could do and what my options were. The only thing I could do would be to get a medical redshirt,” he said. “So I get an idea. I go home, I grabbed a bottle of Jack Daniels, and I grab a hammer. And I go back in my room, I take a pull of Jack Daniels and put my hand down on the table and boom, boom, boom! One, two, three, and hit the hell out of my hand, dude!”

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, nrenegar said:

It's very important to note that he tried breaking his THROWING hand with a hammer, to make sure he couldn't play. This dude definitely cheated on the Wonderlic. :lol:

• Haha (+1) 2

10 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

He's not burnt out and done, like Newton....so, as you say, no comparison.