Gardner Minshew, Jax QB - savage (update Foles is back as Jags starter)

YoloinOhio

Lets just get it out of the way, a 6th round pick, thrown in the first game , had out performed Allen in his second year, by a lot, and is being replaced by Nick Foles.  Sooo unlesss you think Nick Foles is a top QB, then Allen should be replaced.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Lets just get it out of the way, a 6th round pick, thrown in the first game , had out performed Allen in his second year, by a lot, and is being replaced by Nick Foles.  Sooo unlesss you think Nick Foles is a top QB, then Allen should be replaced.

Hot, stupid, steaming pile of takes. 

Minshew has looked good, but he isn't being replaced because he hasn't looked good. He's being replaced because the Jags need to leverage the value of Foles. Either Foles lights it up and is their franchise QB and they flip Minshew for a pick, or Foles looks just okay and they flip him for a pick, or Foles looks bad and they pivot back to Minshew. This is the right move, and it isn't a benching. 

And Allen doesn't need to be replaced because he's the franchise QB. Wake up. Pack your stuff. Go find a message board and fan base that better suits your neurotic tendencies. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Hot, stupid, steaming pile of takes. 

Minshew has looked good, but he isn't being replaced because he hasn't looked good. He's being replaced because the Jags need to leverage the value of Foles. Either Foles lights it up and is their franchise QB and they flip Minshew for a pick, or Foles looks just okay and they flip him for a pick, or Foles looks bad and they pivot back to Minshew. This is the right move, and it isn't a benching. 

And Allen doesn't need to be replaced because he's the franchise QB. Wake up. Pack your stuff. Go find a message board and fan base that better suits your neurotic tendencies. 

If Allen is the Franchise QB, both McClappy and Beane will be packing their ***** and mocmving on, he's a joke, Stevie Wonder can see it.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 11/3/2019 at 3:57 PM, Jrb1979 said:

That's all on the coach and his complimentary conservative approach. Ever since the Pats game they have decided to make Allen a game manager when instead they should let him loose. Seen as this season is about growth, let him loose. It works in the 4th qtr why not do it all game. 

7 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

If Allen is the Franchise QB, both McClappy and Beane will be packing their ***** and mocmving on, he's a joke, Stevie Wonder can see it.

Get out of here with that crap. Hate on all you want just do it somewhere else.

1 minute ago, DCofNC said:

My problem is the foolish denial of the obvious fact Allen sucks.

Can I interest you in something called “potential”? 

Also, he doesn’t suck.  You can call him a game manager right now if you want, but he doesn’t suck.   

Our team isn’t soooo loaded that it’s able to overcome this pretend terrible QB you hypothesize to the tune of a 6-2 record.  

1 hour ago, DCofNC said:

I'm so confused.....Gardner Minshew has outperformed Josh Allen "by a lot" and yet, the Jaguars are slightly below the Bills in offensive rank (points/game)

Huh

image.thumb.png.2988d462a89a87acafd0ba3632dfb4e9.png

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm so confused.....Gardner Minshew has outperformed Josh Allen "by a lot" and yet, the Jaguars are slightly below the Bills in offensive rank (points/game)

Huh

But, but , but he’s thrown for over 300 yards in a single game! He’s clearly been outperformed!  He’ll certainly be cut . Good thing DC let us all know where we heard it lest anyone forget. 

9 hours ago, SCBills said:

Can I interest you in something called “potential”? 

Also, he doesn’t suck.  You can call him a game manager right now if you want, but he doesn’t suck.   

Our team isn’t soooo loaded that it’s able to overcome this pretend terrible QB you hypothesize to the tune of a 6-2 record.  

What has he managed?  A lot of turn overs and terrible decisions is not the mark of a game manager.  A game manager protects the ball and does what's asked of them.  Tyrod was a game manager. 

This team not playing the 4 worst teams in the NFL has more to do with the record than anything.  They steuggled to beat most of those teams to boot.  Notice, the losses to the teams with a winning record and it took 4 missed kicks to beat a team that gave up on their failed QB. 

If you are satisfied with what you are seeing, you don't have a clue what you are watching.  

10 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Huh

That's called the TEAM rankings.  Minshew has more yards, TDs,  less ints, higher QBR, more YPA, higher completion percentage, ya know, everything to measure a QB and he did it in his first 8 games in the league.   

But but but, you can't measure Josh Allen by the same standards as every other QB ever because he's so "special", right?  Only here can people look at a clear bust and spin it that he's the future because the TEAM over came his garbage and found a way to win against the worst teams in the NFL.  You guys are obnoxious.  Try watching other teams, maybe you will see what real QB play looks like.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
Inappropriate political reference

5 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

What has he managed?  A lot of turn overs and terrible decisions is not the mark of a game manager.  A game manager protects the ball and does what's asked of them.  Tyrod was a game manager. 

This team not playing the 4 worst teams in the NFL has more to do with the record than anything.  They steuggled to beat most of those teams to boot.  Notice, the losses to the teams with a winning record and it took 4 missed kicks to beat a team that gave up on their failed QB. 

If you are satisfied with what you are seeing, you don't have a clue what you are watching.  

Actually it sounds to me like you haven't watched any of the Bills games you just on here trollin, you must be bored. Aren't you late for your shift at McDonald's or something.

1 minute ago, billybob71 said:

Actually it sounds to me like you haven't watched any of the Bills games you just on here trollin, you must be bored. Aren't you late for your shift at McDonald's or something.

It sounds like my dog knows more about football than half this board.

2 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

It sounds like my dog knows more about football than half this board.

I work down at the Pizza Pit
And I drive and old Hyundai
I still live with my mom and dad
I'm 5'3 and overweight
I'm a sci-fi fanatic
Mild asthmatic
Never been to 2nd base
But there's a whole another me
That you need to see
Go check out Myspace
'Cause online I'm down in Hollywood
I'm 6'5 and I look damn good
I drive a Maserati
I'm a black belt in Karate
And I love a good glass of wine
It turns girls on that I'm mysterious
I tell 'em I don't want nothing serious
'Cause even on a slow day I can have a three way
Chat with two women at one time
I'm so much cooler online
So much cooler online
I get home, I kiss my mom
And she fixes me a snack
I head down to my basement bedroom
And fire up my Mac
  • Haha (+1) 2

10 hours ago, DCofNC said:

Actually it's quite common for backup QB's, even rookies, to get thrown into a game and do well.  Sometimes they can extend that for a few games.  But opposing defenses catch on and the backup starts to flounder because they do NOT IMPROVE over time.  Clearly this was the case for Minshew.  Did you even watch his last game? 

Allen has been steadily IMPROVING.  Sure it's a bit like the stock market, up & down/up & down, but the trajectory is clearly up.  It's at the point that Allen levels off and stops improving that you decide whether he's the guy or not.  He doesn't seem close to that point yet.  Which is why some of us are excited about the future.

10 hours ago, DCofNC said:

Did Josh Allen run over your dog or something?