Anderson fined pittance for late hit on Allen

WideNine

If they started suspending players for these hits, instead of just fining them, these hits would stop pretty quick. I know sometimes they just fall into the qb and players can't help it, but in this instance (and others) a suspension would speak alot louder than a small fine 

Edited by Steptide
  • Like (+1) 7

Just now, Steptide said:

If they started suspending players for these hits, instead of just fining them, these hits would stop pretty quick. I know sometimes they just fall into the qb and players can't help it, but in this instance (and others) a suspension would speak alot louder than a small fine 

Agree, that should be a suspension.  There was no "benefit of doubt" about it.

But...at least it was put in front of the league that the refs missed it and agreed that it was a foul and merited a fine.  So that's better than nothing.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Steptide said:

If theybatrted suspending players for these hits, instead of just fining them, these hits would stop pretty quick. I know sometimes they just fall into the qb and players can't help it, but in this instance (and others) a suspension would speak alot louder than a small fine 

Yep. 

Would cost those players more. Just saw this fine update at the end of the other Anderson cheapshot thread...

Moderators feel free to merge delete - its all good.

Pittance schmittance, they busted him! That’s what’s important. It reinforces Gregggg’s methodology, sends a message to all teams about these current Jets and puts this loser on League notice.

Thankfully, Josh wasn’t injured. It exposed the jests as the bush League team EVERYONE believes they are.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, WideNine said:

Looks like Jets scumbag Henry Anderson was fined $10,527 by the league.

Does a fine like that for a guy making millions actually curb the behavior?

Should be exponential then forfeiting games for repeat cheapshot artists.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/fines-suspensions/

It escalates by offense 

• Like (+1) 1

Looking at the fines I noticed Tyrel Dodson was fined $174k.

Is this in ADDITION to the weekly checks he will miss? If so he wont even touch 6 figures this year after taxes. 

Hope he learned his lesson. If you can't handle your drinks, just stay sober.

Two fines in his career and he’s a scumbag? Wow. Maybe it’s because those two fines concern Bills players? I’ll have to research more to see who holds the most fines and is still playing. If any of you know, please advise. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-jets/henry-anderson-16819/fines/

9 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Looking at the fines I noticed Tyrel Dodson was fined $174k.

Is this in ADDITION to the weekly checks he will miss? If so he wont even touch 6 figures this year after taxes. 

Hope he learned his lesson. If you can't handle your drinks, just stay sober.

However for him there is no guarantee he will be on roster to pay the fine and I doubt he got enough in training camp to pay it.