CBS Sports: Bills' defense will 'end the career of Eli Manning' in Week 2

3 hours ago, CommonCents said:

I don’t have any hate towards Eli, 2007 SB was one of my greatest sports moments. We had just picked up my brother from boot camp. He was home for a few weeks, him and I got to watch Eli sink the Pats in the heart of NE. 

Tomorrow very well might be the end of him but he shouldn’t even being starting anyways. Two weeks in a row, Eli and Dalton, hard to hate either of them. 

Plenty of hate brewing for week 4.

This.

I owe a debt of gratitude to Eli and the Giants - for 2 reasons in different seasons. 

• Like (+1) 1

"...we're moving on to Cincinnati..." After a w this week.  Surprisingly, I am more concerned about the home opener.  That is the type of game the past bills tended to lose.  Tbh, I am already sold on this season. A loss tomorrow or week 3 doesn't impact my buy in but for the first time in a long time I expect the bills to outperform both week 2 and 3 opponents.  

5 minutes ago, Nicabills321 said:

"...we're moving on to Cincinnati..." After a w this week.  Surprisingly, I am more concerned about the home opener.  That is the type of game the past bills tended to lose.  Tbh, I am already sold on this season. A loss tomorrow or week 3 doesn't impact my buy in but for the first time in a long time I expect the bills to outperform both week 2 and 3 opponents.  

I'm worried about tomorrow game. Cowboys kicked there butt. But a new OC for Cowboys helped lots without much film. There D might be that bad. But it's a should win game.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, x-BillzeBubba said:

btw. ..THAT article is a proper locker room 'internal message'...

Perhaps, but I thought the real bulletin board stuff had to come from the opponent's players or coaches?

5 hours ago, Steptide said:

Not that a fans opinion matters, but I don't like all hype around the bills going into this week. I mean unless it's like 34-3 at halftime, I don't know that this game is gonna be THAT easy for the bills. They're making the giants out to be Miami

Look at it this way:

Some games are a test for the offense.  Some games are a test for the defense. 

And some games are a test for the coaches: can they prepare and inspire the team after a hard-fought come from behind victory, to play hard and focus and not believe the hype?

2 hours ago, mrags said:

Just like how Brady, Rothlisberger, Rodgers, Rivers, Newton, Ryan, Flacco and Brees are shells of their former selves. 

Cmon, give me a break 

Flacco, Newton and Rothlisberg are all shells now. Cam won’t finish the year. 

3 hours ago, x-BillzeBubba said:

btw. ..THAT article is a proper locker room 'internal message'...

btw...if Manning is looking for bulletin board material he won't get it from Allen:

Allen was asked about Manning before their showdown on Sunday and the second-year Bills QB said he respects Manning’s “Hall of Fame career.”  “(He is) One of the greatest ever to suit up. I met him at the Manning Passing Academy a few years ago. He is just a great guy off the field too,” Allen said. “He is somebody young quarterbacks can look up to and just as far as how you model yourself as an NFL quarterback. He is super respected around the league and that is for a reason. He has played at a high level for such a long time, so it will be kind of fun to match up against him.”

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Steptide said:

Not that a fans opinion matters, but I don't like all hype around the bills going into this week. I mean unless it's like 34-3 at halftime, I don't know that this game is gonna be THAT easy for the bills. They're making the giants out to be Miami

It's not even that much hype about the Bills.  I've seen predictions that they lose too.  And they're only a 1 1/2 point favorite.   I think tomorrow we see the Bills win comfortably like they should have last week.  They're the better team if they aren't sloppy with the rock.

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Just as an FYI I predicted this a month ago. Tomorrow will be Eli's last start for the Giants (so long as Jones stays healthy the whole year). 

He should have seek'd a trade to Jacksonville in the off season.  The JAX are built for success.

I hope so.

it means we dominated and im tired of Eli.

8 hours ago, Utah John said:

Manning seems like such a meek guy, but he's a fierce competitor and still pretty good.  He won two SBs, one more than his brother.  Something like this is just motivation for him.

no Peyton won two SB s , one with the colts one with the Broncos (also lost one)

8 hours ago, John Adams said:

He refused to play for the team that drafted him. Never been a fan.*

*Except for one game. 

Two games ;)

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Their secondary is. The rest of their D is pretty good. 

Feels like the jets all over again. Hopefully we do better this time.

7 hours ago, mrags said:

I feel like that’s a BS response. Based on that, Aaron Rodgers is garbage too because he hasn’t won a SB since 2011

sounds about right ;)

13 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Newton, Eli, flacco and rothlisberger are CLEARLY not what they once were, man. The other guys you have something of a case for. 

You are missing your own point. You asked when those Super Bowls were won by Eli. 

With the the exception of Brady, my argument for every QB I listed holds true. 

Dont get upset with me because you veered from your entire argument.

1 hour ago, mrags said:

You are missing your own point. You asked when those Super Bowls were won by Eli. 

With the the exception of Brady, my argument for every QB I listed holds true. 

Dont get upset with me because you veered from your entire argument.

Laughable.

My point was that eli's NOT the same player he was during those super bowls. If you're insisting he is, then I don't know what to tell you.

18 hours ago, Steptide said:

I also think this is going to be a close game that can go either way.