CBS Sports: Bills' defense will 'end the career of Eli Manning' in Week 2

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So does Brady, and he still gets it done when he has time.

Eli still looks like a functional QB when he has OL protection and time to throw, as he did last week. 

So then the question becomes did they fix his OL, or is Dallas D just not "all that"?

Fixed the offensive line and it looked pretty good against Dallas pass rush

1 hour ago, eball said:

I just want to say, again, for the record, that I suggested this might be Eli's last start as a Giant earlier in the week.

If you turn out to be Adam Schein, I hope you don't get your panties in a wad with fan comments and leave because it's finally quieted down since the last whiny-ass sports writer got his panties twisted here.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, IDBillzFan said:

If you turn out to be Adam Schein, I hope you don't get your panties in a wad with fan comments and leave because it's finally quieted down since the last whiny-ass sports writer got his panties twisted here.

If my panties haven't been twisted by now, it's safe to say they're un-twistable.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

Not that a fans opinion matters, but I don't like all hype around the bills going into this week. I mean unless it's like 34-3 at halftime, I don't know that this game is gonna be THAT easy for the bills. They're making the giants out to be Miami

Agreed, This is primed for a let down game. Reading the board and media it seems this game is unlosable. 

I'm with them though... Go Bills!

11 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I don't understand the love for Dallas's defense around here.

27th total defense  23rd pass  28th rush

who gets the turkey leg this thanksgiving? don't know if they still do that but remember madden and summerall calling turkey day games and giving the leg to the best team/player?

4 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

27th total defense  23rd pass  28th rush

who gets the turkey leg this thanksgiving? don't know if they still do that but remember madden and summerall calling turkey day games and giving the leg to the best team/player?

Are you giving out rankings from week 1? 

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Actually Peyton won two too. 

Technically, Peyton won one and then 3/4 Peyton won the other... the second one happened after his arm fell off. Not sure if that means he gets 133% of the credit he’s due, or if 25% just gets tacked on to Von Miller...

25 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I don't understand the love for Dallas's defense around here.

They are very solid everywhere on the defensive line and have arguably the best LB corp in the game in Smith/Vander Esch/Lee. They were a top 10 unit last year hands down. Weak in the secondary and I imagine that's where Daboll will look to exploit them. This game will very much come down to playcalling and Allen having a good day. Singletary and Gore are not going to be able to run against those LBs imo...we might see Yeldon getting snaps, and if Brown can get open there will be opportunities

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

Not that a fans opinion matters, but I don't like all hype around the bills going into this week. I mean unless it's like 34-3 at halftime, I don't know that this game is gonna be THAT easy for the bills. They're making the giants out to be Miami

Correct.  The Giants will be picking 3rd in the draft, not 1st.

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

So it's utterly inconceivable that Eli's a shell of his former self. Got it. :lol:

Just like how Brady, Rothlisberger, Rodgers, Rivers, Newton, Ryan, Flacco and Brees are shells of their former selves. 

Cmon, give me a break 

4 minutes ago, mrags said:

Just like how Brady, Rothlisberger, Rodgers, Rivers, Newton, Ryan, Flacco and Brees are shells of their former selves. 

Cmon, give me a break 

Newton, Eli, flacco and rothlisberger are CLEARLY not what they once were, man. The other guys you have something of a case for. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Utah John said:

I stand corrected about Peyton Manning, for my money the best QB ever.

Thanks for pointing that out.

As for Eli's arm, he did OK last week without much help from WRs.  He is still dangerous. 

Right Eli is still pretty good. Can still get's lots of yards throwing but don't turn it into TDS and a really bad D past few years.