CBS Sports: Bills' defense will 'end the career of Eli Manning' in Week 2

HOUSE

Eli Manning’s time in New York is slowly coming to an end.

The Giants have been trying to find the two-time Super Bowl MVP’s successor for nearly half a decade, selecting highly touted quarterbacks in each of the past three NFL drafts.

According to CBS Sports pundit Adam Schein, he’ll lose the grip entirely this Sunday, with the Buffalo Bills’ defense being the final nail in the coffin.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/09/14/cbs-sports-bills-defense-will-end-the-career-of-eli-manning-in-week-2/

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Not that a fans opinion matters, but I don't like all hype around the bills going into this week. I mean unless it's like 34-3 at halftime, I don't know that this game is gonna be THAT easy for the bills. They're making the giants out to be Miami

10000 percent this. Spot on my man. Like you stated, our opinions are meaningless. BUT. Something about this game just gives me a sinking feeling. I felt pretty confident about week 1. Not so much this week. God Bless all these fans with short memories and unbridled optimism. I've been a Bills fan for too long to chalk up any game as a win.

On the flip side, I'm gonna feel really good going forward if we start out 2-0 on the road. That would be huge and I don't give a blank who they won the games against.

• Like (+1) 3

It will be a hard game, but we will win, and the D will come up big.

No smart team  takes their opponents lightly, and I just don’t see a SM team doing that.

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Utah John said:

Manning seems like such a meek guy, but he's a fierce competitor and still pretty good.  He won two SBs, one more than his brother.  Something like this is just motivation for him.

He refused to play for the team that drafted him. Never been a fan.*

*Except for one game. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Not that a fans opinion matters, but I don't like all hype around the bills going into this week. I mean unless it's like 34-3 at halftime, I don't know that this game is gonna be THAT easy for the bills. They're making the giants out to be Miami

i agree. If the Bills offense plays in the first half like they did last week its gonna be a loooong  game. Barkley will be one of the very toughest RB's they face this season and if he gets going... again it will be a loooong game.

Granted the Giants secondary was putrid and played poorly last week. That was last week and perhaps their secondary actually learns to communicate this week. 

Nothing is a given and on any given Sunday anything can happen. Buffalo is a 2.5 favorite and just like most of the world picked the Panthers to beat the Bucs in Carolina on Thursday... I highly doubt Buffalo will rattle Eli and the replace him this game. 

• Haha (+1) 1