Buffalo Bills fan confidence drops despite Week 1 win

4 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

The turnovers from Allen were the concern. Fans are counting on Allen to emerge and prove the new regime right about the QB they traded up to get.

Turnover....singular....not plural 

1 int 100% on Beasley 

1 fumble 100% on Morse

1 fumble 100% on Dawkins 

Thanks for playing 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I agree the first INT and fumbled snap weren't on him. 

He also had an awful INT negated by penalty and another throw that should've easily been INT'd. 

Would like to see Allen make better decisions consistently this week.

Re: your last statement. I don't believe you for a second.

5 hours ago, Leonhart2017 said:

To be honest this team over the last 20 years along with “winning the off seasons, have had a lot of awesome week one wins as well as fast starts early in the season  only to nose dive by mid season. Not at all saying it will happen this time and I want nothing more than it to not happen. However, I have been programmed at this point to just take it one game at a time.

Anyone who has been a fan long enough has been kicked in the nuts by this team enough to feel the same way you do.

Those who don't are young or new fans.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BuffaloBob said:

Although, Dawkins was severely abused on that play and his man was hitting Allen from his blind side.  Did he even finished his drop? I know you have to keep two hands on the ball, but I’m not sure that would have helped him on that one.  

I think Dawkins deserves some of the blame on that one. 

Dawkins deserves some blame but Josh has to hold onto the ball.

8 hours ago, HOUSE said:

The Buffalo Bills beat the New York Jets last Sunday and then fans voted on Monday. The results of the fan confidence poll known as FANPULSE showed fans did not like the way Buffalo won the game.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2019/9/14/20865688/buffalo-bills-fan-confidence-drops-despite-week-1-win

its all about JA. As JA goes so the Bills go. JA cant be out there moving the ball for 3 quarters without any points to show.He needs to develope focus and killer instinct.Often last yr he drifted into that lonng periods of no scoring. Thats what QBing is all about.Not how you 'look' but how you manage the clock and how you will your team to score points.

13 hours ago, boater said:

The Bills were one very bad Jets kicker away from a loss.

One could also opine: one groin injury to CJ Mosley away from a loss.

I can understand a dip in the fan confidence factor.

13 hours ago, r00tabaga said:

Well if CJ stayed healthy and their kicker made FG's, then maybe we didn't turn the ball over 4 times. 

Funny, we are fans and werent asked...

So much this...almost nobody wins down four turnovers (ignore our recovery after the final whistle), and yet they won and almost nobody KEEPS turning the ball over four times.  

We were here on the road against an opponent that (unfathomably) was rated better than us by more than half the country/talking heads out there.

Quite frankly it is a week later and some of this fan base needs to get over whining about this victory.

Additionally, if you are waiting around for this team to have the KC offense stop doing that to yourself.  We can be good, but we can’t be that good.  It’s all ok because it can be a good offense,  and half the time we also have that defense.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

People really don't seem to grasp the concept that the survey is based on relative expectations and not some sort of measure of fanhood.  If you thought the Bills were going to beat the Jets by 3 TD's before the game, after that game your confidence may have dropped. If you thought the Jets were going to win by 30 your confidence likely rose.   I guess true geniuses expected  the Bills to  squeak out a 1 point win after 4 turnovers. Their confidence should remain exactly the same I suppose. 

Edited by PlayoffsPlease

14 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

The turnovers from Allen were the concern. Fans are counting on Allen to emerge and prove the new regime right about the QB they traded up to get.

1 turnover was his fault- he needed to tuck the ball sooner. Beasley should of caught the ball that tipped up to Mosley. The batted pass is something that just happens to every QB. Morse got slammed back into Allen at the point of exchange during the snap. Did I miss something?