Buffalo Bills fan confidence drops despite Week 1 win

The Buffalo Bills beat the New York Jets last Sunday and then fans voted on Monday. The results of the fan confidence poll known as FANPULSE showed fans did not like the way Buffalo won the game.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2019/9/14/20865688/buffalo-bills-fan-confidence-drops-despite-week-1-win

Edited by HOUSE
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, boater said:

The Bills were one very bad Jets kicker away from a loss.

One could also opine: one groin injury to CJ Mosley away from a loss.

I can understand a dip in the fan confidence factor.

Well if CJ stayed healthy and their kicker made FG's, then maybe we didn't turn the ball over 4 times. 

Funny, we are fans and werent asked...

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, boater said:

The Bills were one very bad Jets kicker away from a loss.

One could also opine: one groin injury to CJ Mosley away from a loss.

I can understand a dip in the fan confidence factor.

Their kicker in reality counted for 3 lost points since the missed extra point made them go for 2 on their TD drive.  What if the safety had been called correctly?  Or the taunting penalty on Feliciano that pushed them out of FG range not called or at least off-setting?  And ignoring those, what if the Bills had been less conservative on the final drive, or kicked the 52-yard FG to at least tie it?

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

Well if CJ stayed healthy and their kicker made FG's, then maybe we didn't turn the ball over 4 times. 

Funny, we are fans and werent asked...

And what if Feliciano didn't get called for a phantom personal foul that knocked the Bills out of FG range?

I could play this stupid game all day.

In the end, the Bills were the better team. Case closed. On to the Giants tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

I thought the final minutes of the game proved the Bills will find a way to win BUT its only one game

The crucial question is which Bills offense is the real offense?  That the Bills offense performed better later is a hopeful indicator.  One could theorize that they were working on getting the bugs out early, an the second half is the real thing, but we aren't going to be sure for a while.

To be honest this team over the last 20 years along with “winning the off seasons, have had a lot of awesome week one wins as well as fast starts early in the season  only to nose dive by mid season. Not at all saying it will happen this time and I want nothing more than it to not happen. However, I have been programmed at this point to just take it one game at a time.

• Like (+1) 1