Cole Beasley releasing new rap song with hip-hop legend DMC

YoloinOhio

Beasley, the Buffalo Bills’ wide receiver, at the time a member of the Dallas Cowboys, released a rap single, “80 Stings,” in January 2018. It was a prelude to his 13-track debut album, “The Autobiography,” which came out four months later through ColdNation Records, a company he co-founded with producer Victor “Phazz” Clark.
Around that same time, DMC and Beasley recorded a track titled “Adrenaline Junkie,” which has remained unreleased because of contractual issues. That is, until this week, when The Buffalo News began reporting a story on Beasley’s rap career and began asking about the holdup.

It looks like I was able to get the details and the percentages worked out,” Clark said late Friday night after negotiating terms with talent manager John Gomez, who had initially reached out to Beasley's camp to connect the athlete and DMC. “That means that you can say that the record is going to come out in a couple of weeks. I could have it drop by next weekend, actually.

“We’ve been sitting on this for a minute.”

Gomez confirmed a deal was in place to release the song, which includes performances by Chris Perez, a Grammy Award winner perhaps best known as Selena’s lead guitarist and widower; Blue October bass player Matt Noveskey; and a chorus by 18-year-old De’Stani Bryant, who has appeared on FOX’s the Four: Battle for Stardomand advanced to Hollywood Week on ABC’s American Idol.

https://buffalonews.com/2019/09/14/dmc-cole-beasley-buffalo-bills-hip-hop-release-rap-song-adrenaline-junkie/

Beasley instantly became one of my favorite non-Bills when I heard the first track. Every athlete is a “rapper” and every rapper is an “athlete.” I have a ton of respect for those that can actually cross-over. Beasley, 2 Chainz, Quavo, Marvin Bagley, Game, J Cole and Wale have all had success. The unquestioned GOAT though is Dame D.O.L.L.A.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

My name is Cole Beas Catchin footballs with Ease

Imma Dawg at this Game 'gainst the Jets I was lame

Let two go through my fingers, one a Pick 6 stinger

Well there's always next week, give my fingers a tweak

If it don't work out, Give my rappin' a shout

Just catch the d*** ball, Beasley

• Haha (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

This explains the pick 6, he thought he was playing the GEE TAR

lol but the problem is there is no guitar or any actual instruments being played in most RAP and Im hoping i never have to hear his music. Id much rather watch him catch 

td passes from JA.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, twist_to_open said:

I think this old 57 year old white guy is buying his first rap album.

I'm 57. can't say as I will buy a rap album or really listen to it but I can respect choice and it's cool to see the kid doing something he loves to do aside from catching footballs on Sunday...

:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

My name is Cole Beas Catchin footballs with Ease

Imma Dawg at this Game 'gainst the Jets I was lame

Let two go through my fingers, one a Pick 6 stinger

Well there's always next week, give my fingers a tweak

If it don't work out, Give my rappin' a shout

Just catch the d*** ball, Beasley

mic drop!

• Haha (+1) 1