Maybe Jones, Giants can learn something from how Bills handled Allen

HOUSE

I think we will see Jones at some point this year as I expect the Giants to be about 3-8 or 2-7 at some point this season. But they could always choose to take the Kansas City approach and have him sit most the year and throw him in for a game 17 start.

Eli is a HOFer. Just one with a not so great regular season resume. To me that means there is no way he should be a first ballot HOFer. But he will get in sooner rather than later once he is eligible. I'd probably put him on the same level as Phillip Rivers. 

As a software engineer i feel thats the best way to learn...anytime im faced with a situation i am unfamiliar with...a codebase ive never seen, a new language, a new framework, being asked to do something i have never done before etc, i just jump into the deep end and put myself in a position to sink or swim. Still haven't sunk yet...

10 hours ago, Gugny said:

Yes.  Without a doubt.  Manning NEVER had the supporting cast that Kelly did.  Manning's stats are better.  He has two rings.  And he was more durable.

You should be perma banned for this. Saying Eli Manning is a better QB than Jim Kelly is blasphemy and shows you dont understand the game of football. 

4 minutes ago, StHustle said:

You should be perma banned for this. Saying Eli Manning is a better QB than Jim Kelly is blasphemy and shows you dont understand the game of football. 

I'm sorry you feel that way and I'm sure Jim appreciates your blind loyalty.  

19 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Did you even read the article I posed with 13 HOF QBs opinions on Eli? Most of them were very shaky on his status although most did think he would be in some day. Then you guys come in here talking about he is first ballot and better than Jim Kelly who is arguable top 20 all time...

Nobody and I mean NOBODY would be iffy if asked in 1999 about Jim Kelly's HOF worthiness. And most would have agreed first ballot.

And if Jim Kelly played in today's pass happy league his stats would be MUCH different.

Edited by StHustle

2 hours ago, StHustle said:

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Do you think it is a coincidence that Gungy thinks so and Jim Kelly never played baseball like most QBs?

I do not think so.

9 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Do you think it is a coincidence that Gungy thinks so and Jim Kelly never played baseball like most QBs?

I do not think so.

What in the holy hell are you talking about?

17 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Little premature to say Giants can learn from Bills on Allen.

I like the baptism by fire approach, but Giants do have a bonaifde HOF starting for them now so I don't see the issue with Jones sitting and learning from him.

I'm bonerfied by this

19 hours ago, StHustle said:

He went from getting 3rd string reps in preseason....to starting the second half of Game 1 last year. For someone who was clueless about alot of things early on, he looked pretty decent because he is very instinctive. To me, Josh is boom or bust. I don't see him being a middle of the pack type QB. 

He’s actually getting closer to middle of the pack...I predict, by seasons end, he will be there.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Top 10 drafted QBs are drafted to start ASAP. 

Allen wasn't thrown to the wolves, he was following the same path as many before him have.  

Thrown to the wolves because of lack of reps he had in TC and especially with the starters. Not only that but it happened GAME 1 of his career. No real game tape of the offense to break down, no weeks of 2nd string reps during the season. Nothing.Thrown to the wolves....

Other guys like Tyler Murray came in taking #1 reps. Thats not being thrown to the wolves.

Hope i cleared that up for ya. 

3 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Holy hell?  Well I know who you worship.  :devil:

There was a recent story posted on TSW how of the QBs in Hall of Fame there were only 2 who did not spend time at baseball.  mrmet.thumb.jpg.0dc8598ce96e4ec4ba8ab6b6

Jim Kelly and one other.

Clearly, you didn't read it.  Go back.

56 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Thrown to the wolves because of lack of reps he had in TC and especially with the starters. Not only that but it happened GAME 1 of his career. No real game tape of the offense to break down, no weeks of 2nd string reps during the season. Nothing.Thrown to the wolves....

Other guys like Tyler Murray came in taking #1 reps. Thats not being thrown to the wolves.

Hope i cleared that up for ya. 

Other top 10 pick drafted QBs didn’t have a HC who was so determined not to start his top 10 pick QB that he would rig a QB completion to make it look like one Nate Peterman was the better QB to bring to week 1...

9 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Other top 10 pick drafted QBs didn’t have a HC who was so determined not to start his top 10 pick QB that he would rig a QB completion to make it look like one Nate Peterman was the better QB to bring to week 1...

Hue Jackson anointed Tyrod basically saying there was nothing Baker could do to earn the job out the gate

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Ok.  Hue Jackson and McD were on the same page.

was Mayfield thrown to the wolves?

Baker had a few weeks of #2 reps...wouldn't call Jets 29th ranked Defense wolves either.

Tomorrow you will witness what it looks like when a QB gets thrown to the wolves.

And no not this Wolf:

DSjxSOoVoAEh1qq.jpg

These wolves!!

kehblrzk2h1pnkw0lled.jpg