Who has been the fourth best QB in the AFC this Century?

PlayoffsPlease

16 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Luck ahead of Flacco? Luck's sample size is smaller, has 12K less yards, and 30 less TDs.  Also played small in the playoffs. 4-4 record, 12-13 TD-INT ratio and a QB rating of 74. 

Obviously I'm putting more emphasis on playoff performance than others. But if the goal is to win a championship shouldn't performance in big moments count a bit more than throwing for 300 yards in a losing effort in a regular season game ?

Luck to me is tricky but appeared to be on his way to greatness despite the injuries. 

I guess that I look at it as if I was starting a franchise, knowing what we know now, in what order would I draft the QBs? To me, Flacco was clutch when he got to the playoffs but was rarely, if ever, the reason that his team got there. I did go back and forth on those 2 (in part because of career length) but I just think Luck was a better player.

9 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Deshaun Watson. Mahomes is ahead of the pack but in terms of judging what guys have done on the field Watson is way ahead of 3rd place among the young guys. Again there is a question about him protecting himself and making sure his career is a long one - as there is for Allen actually - but Watson's level of performance since he has been in the league has been incredible. The way Mahomes has played as kind of overshadowed it but Watson's performance has been outstanding. 

Yes, I thought about Watson too. Maybe I underestimate him, but I just don't see Houston as a perennial contender. I'm being a homer for the Bills of course. It's all hope there.  I think Watson ends up like Palmer. A good QB on a so-so team that cracks the playoffs once or twice during his career. 

42 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

Yes, I thought about Watson too. Maybe I underestimate him, but I just don't see Houston as a perennial contender. I'm being a homer for the Bills of course. It's all hope there.  I think Watson ends up like Palmer. A good QB on a so-so team that cracks the playoffs once or twice during his career. 

Watson is going to be a lot better than Carson Palmer. He has already shown that I think. I am not sure Houston is a perennial championship contender under its current leadership. But they will be in and around the playoffs every year while Deshaun is their QB. Even as a rookie we saw how he elevated a so-so team - Watson started 6 times as a rookie and went 3-3. In the remaining 10 games the Texans went 1-9. 

Edited by GunnerBill

3 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

The scariest part is both are ultimately disappointing.  I think sustained success means you may need to have a QB in that ultra-upper echelon, Rivers/Flacco level ultimately falls short. 

Among the young QBs i think Mahomes will be one of those guys. I also think Josh Allen will be.  Don't see the potential in any of the other young AFC QBs (not even Watson)

Watson will be. 100%. 

Rivers and it's not close.  If it wasn't for Big Ben's SB victories you could argue that Rivers did more with less.

Roethlisberger stats - 56,470 yards, 363 TD's, 191 INT's, 64.4% completion percentage, 94.1 passer rating

Rivers stats - 54,989 yards, 377 TD's, 179 INT's, 64.6% completion percentage, 95.7 passer rating

7 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Rivers and it's not close.  If it wasn't for Big Ben's SB victories you could argue that Rivers did more with less.

Roethlisberger stats - 56,470 yards, 363 TD's, 191 INT's, 64.4% completion percentage, 94.1 passer rating

Rivers stats - 54,989 yards, 377 TD's, 179 INT's, 64.6% completion percentage, 95.7 passer rating

Yea Rivers is Ben without 3 SB appearances and 2 rings. 

Gardner Minshew, 

drops mic ? 

1 hour ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Flacco has a ring and a historical run in the playoffs.  What does Mahomes have?

One of the single best QB seasons of all time. In his first season. Flacco also has the last few years where he was not good. 

Edited by MassHog

On 9/13/2019 at 7:15 PM, ChevyVanMiller said:

Peterman. Can there be any debate?

Preseason Champ!

8 hours ago, MJS said:

I think Flacco is overrated because of his playoff performances. He's been average and even below average in the regular season.

To me you have to consider the entire package, not just the playoffs, not just the big games, but everything.

Flacco is inconsistent to put it.