Who has been the fourth best QB in the AFC this Century?

PlayoffsPlease

18 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion, including that expressed by Chandler

But I apologize for participating like an adult, I’ll try harder to channel my “inner child” next time

Chandler is more like a [. ], but whatever.  (this is an opinion I assume I am entitled too)

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
Inappropriate language

1 hour ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Brady, Manning and Rothlisberger have dominated the QB position in the AFC in an insane way this century. Who is the fourth best. Sad to say even on one seasons experience, i think the strongest argument can be made for Pat Mahomes. 

Carr has been pretty good but not dominant like Mahomes. Luck maybe? 

9 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Chandler is more like [], but whatever.  (this is an opinion I assume I am entitled too)

Mmmmm, when your opinion involves insulting another poster, you’re entitled to have it but keep it off the site.  Thanks.

(Mods are posters too)

5 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Fitz

Not even close

21 minutes ago, CDogg20 said:

It will be Mahomes very shortly if his numbers keep up

Has to keep up for a while.  Bunch of guys who were good for a year or two not being mentioned.

53 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Carson Palmer's deserves a mention.  Good call. 

Agree, Palmer had a good run with a meh team in Cincy

2 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

I can go with this.  Would you say his career has been a disappointment due to the lack of team successes? 

For sure.  I think if he was asked this question he would say “no”, but I’m sure privately he’s maybe a tad disappointed or even miffed (although he still has some years left in his NFL career... maybe he’ll even play as long as Brady!)

7 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Fourth best...does it really matter?  Not trying to be a douche...

I think it matters. if you had a crystal ball and were told Josh Allen would be the fourth best QB over the next 12

years would you want the team to try to improve the position.  Or would that be good enough. 

Just now, PlayoffsPlease said:

I think it matters. if you had a crystal ball and were told Josh Allen would be the fourth best QB over the next 12

years would you want the team to try to improve the position.  Or would that be good enough. 

Ah, I see.  In that case, I see pretty much a tie between Phillip Rivers and Alex Smith.  Both **should** be good enough to win with, but thanks to Brady, Manning, and their coaches, no dice.  So top four can matter, but so does coaching.  Flacco is an honorable mention, though he got hot at the right time and really couldn't replicate his SB run.