Who has been the fourth best QB in the AFC this Century?

PlayoffsPlease

31 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Brady, Manning and Rothlisberger have dominated the QB position in the AFC in an insane way this century. Who is the fourth best. Sad to say even on one seasons experience, i think the strongest argument can be made for Pat Mahomes. 

Rivers

Luck

Flacco

in that order I'd say.........that's 40% of AFC teams that had some degree of stability(or in the Broncos case a brief run of dominance) at the position during those 19 seasons.

I expect that % to be much higher over the next 20 years..........it's getting easier to play the position and the incoming talent level has been high in recent years and the salaries are making it worthwhile for players on the fence about baseball/football to choose football.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Rivers

Luck

Flacco

in that order I'd say.........that's 40% of AFC teams that had some degree of stability(or in the Broncos case a brief run of dominance) at the position during those 19 seasons.

I expect that % to be much higher over the next 20 years..........it's getting easier to play the position and the incoming talent level has been high in recent years and the salaries are making it worthwhile for players on the fence about baseball/football to choose football.

I agree with this, unless you project Mahomes after 17 games as a starter, but won't quibble with anyone who says that is too soon.  

With Luck's retirement and the seeming demise of Cam Newton (NFC I know) It really shows how hard it is too have a QB that really "succeeds" the way fans would like them too. I would venture to guess that all of Rivers', Luck's and Flacco's fans are actually fairly disappointed with the careers, even while respecting their skills. 

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Ah.  I missed the question.  He started in the AFC, does that count?

shot and a score with the Chargers reference. 

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He would probably crack the top 15 AFC QB's for the period for his two excellent seasons in SD at a time when QB'ing was a lot harder.

There is that. When you look at it, the AFC has had a pretty poor run of QBs the last 20 years.