Unnamed Bills and Sabres players involved with victim of sex trafficking

Beast

15 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

And so do people who drink coffee or eat chocolate. This is nonsense.

There's no reason to exaggerate the point here. Bills players involved in prostitution, ok sure. Bills players involved in human trafficking, yea not unless OJ found a new hobby.

And if the prostitutes they were involved with were trafficked, then they would have supported human trafficking.  But mens rea is still a thing: if you're not aware that the prostitute is a victim of trafficking, you are likely (not certainly) not guilty of human trafficking yourself.  

There was a massage parlor around her that was shut down some months ago, a legitimate human sex trafficking operation: women brought in from east Asia, had their passports taken from them, were housed in the parlor, not free to leave, and employed as sex workers.  Men who went there for just a massage (i.e. did not request and receive a "strong finish") certainly supported trafficking - but unknowingly.  They certainly weren't guilty of trafficking.

(The moral of that story, too, is: be careful where you get massages.  There's about a dozen places within three miles of me; exactly two of them I'm certain aren't fronts for prostitution, and one I'm almost certain is involved in prostitution, if not trafficking).

• Like (+1) 1

Uh oh.....cue (or "Q") the "pedo/satanists" guy.

Did this happen in a pizza place by any chance?

4 hours ago, Doc said:

Prostitution has always been "human trafficking" according to the strict definition of "trafficking," which is "dealing in something illegal."  I suspect they are going with "human trafficking" rather than "prostitution" for sensationalism reasons.  But it's prostitution and if the NFL didn't care about Bobby, they shouldn't care here.

Then I think you mean sex trafficking.

Human trafficking is slavery or the selling/buying humans in servitude. 

5 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

And that's why we need a wall! To stop exploited people being smuggled here from *reads article*..."all from Western New York"?

This is kind of like when one of the charges that put OJ in prison for a long time (which was fine by me) - was "kidnapping" - when the person or persons being "kidnapped" never left their hotel room................Seems like a stretch!  

4 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

If there are names with evidence, then name them.  Without the details speculation leads to potentially innocent people being named.  Is that fair?

Just citing what had been reported publicly, previous to this womans claims, of an issue at HarborCenter that brought into question a local high profile athlete who lived there. I didn't make it up.

On 9/13/2019 at 5:38 PM, Binghamton Beast said:

https://buffalonews.com/2019/09/13/prosecutor-in-sex-trafficking-case-its-happening-here/

I wonder who? I wonder if it is current or past players? I wonder if it’s or not true?

I wonder if names will come out......

But, but, but... Kraft got a consensual ***** from an adult! Make him sell the team! 

10 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

By the way, I like how the pimp is "Sr.", implying that his noble name has been passed along to the next generation.

I grew up with his son of the same name. That is a real government name. Some seem to think its a Pimp nickname. I knew his dad was into some things he shouldnt have been but reading all of this is shocking.

11 hours ago, Rob's House said:

Trafficking implies an organized operation, and in the context of human trafficking it implies involuntary servitude. The terms may overlap, but they are far from synonymous. 

The writer is a sanctimonious prick who is trying to portray a garden variety 40-something crack ***** as a kidnapped teenage sex slave.

The writer may or may not be a sanctimonious prick, but this conclusion is not supported by the article in question

He or she is accurately reporting the title of the case against the pimp, and (we assume accurately) quoting the US District Attorney's opening statement: " "When we think of sex trafficking, we tend to think of underprivileged countries overseas – something not happening in our own backyard. But as the witnesses will tell you over the next two weeks – it’s happening. It’s happening here. In our community. In Western New York. In the City of Buffalo; in the hotels along Transit Road in Williamsville; in homes and hotels in Batavia, Lockport, Jamestown, Niagara Falls and Grand Island. And this defendant — Valentino Shine — was the master manipulator behind the entire criminal scheme," Tokash said."

Therefore, we must conclude that the reporter is most likely accurately doing his or her job - reporting on the case as it is occurring.  Since the reporter refers to the witness as a "49  and a grandmother", it would appear that your assertion that he or she is trying to portray the witness as a kidnapped teenage sex slave is also without foundation.

Now, you may object to the case as filed by the US District Attorney for not meeting many people's understanding of sex trafficking, but US attorneys are typically more about the legal definition of various crimes and less about what the public thinks that definition ought to be, so I'm gonna go with her over you.  Perhaps Federal Law does not require an organized operation, involuntary servitude, or kidnapped teenagers to constitute that crime?

https://humantraffickinghotline.org/what-human-trafficking/federal-law

On 9/13/2019 at 6:34 PM, hemma said:

I think I haven’t been paying attention ... does pimp now = human trafficker?

Apparently the US attorney's office feel some aspects of this pimp's organization met the definition of the law.  Whether that would apply to pimps in general, not enough information to tell.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

^Pats fan trolling AFC East team forums...what a sad little life you must lead

You know what's sad? When someone stating the truth is considered a "troll."

A troll is someone who intentionally sows discord, lies, and nonsense. What do you call a person who can't comprehend the difference between fact and fanboy?

1 hour ago, Tiffany980 said:

But, but, but... Kraft got a consensual ***** from an adult! Make him sell the team! 

No, no, he shouldn't sell the team.  Instead, he should stand at the 50 during halftime of a prime time game with a bottle of KY lube and a S**t eating grin on his face.

12 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

No, no, he shouldn't sell the team.  Instead, he should stand at the 50 during halftime of a prime time game with a bottle of KY lube and a S**t eating grin on his face.

Ha ha! I think the 2nd time it was too fast to worry about lube...

My husband spent far more on me before I... ???

12 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Correct. We've seen a lot of reports lately calling things "trafficking" because it's more shocking. And when you dig deeper, the justification for calling it "trafficking" is something on the order of "she was so psychologically dominated by [pimp/madam] that she was unable to leave." I'm not saying this doesn't exist; in fact, my impression is it definitely does. But it's not the same thing as the classic (and typically legal) definition of "trafficking," in which, for example, we see workers brought to a rural labor farm camp where they're housed and not paid until their debt to the smuggler is paid off -- involuntary servitude. Or where young women are promised work visas for some legitimate business and then redirected to a prostitution business, again with barriers set up to ensure that they don't leave and not just psychological pressure. It's an important distinction, and not one that any decent reporter should gloss over.

By the way, I like how the pimp is "Sr.", implying that his noble name has been passed along to the next generation.

Technically, it is poor form for the paper to have referred to him as "Sr.".

When a father and son share the same name, you do not distinguish the father by calling him senior.

You distinguish the son by calling him junior.

The father is just Valentino Shine.

The son is Valentino Shine, Jr.

2 hours ago, Tiffany980 said:

You know what's sad? When someone stating the truth is considered a "troll."

A troll is someone who intentionally sows discord, lies, and nonsense. What do you call a person who can't comprehend the difference between fact and fanboy?

I've seen your posts on the Jets forum. Find a pats forum and stay there with the rest of your kind.

Edited by jeremy2020

Shine's attorney Michael Stachowski raised questions about the woman's statements to law enforcement about her previous drug use and mental health history. He also asked her about her appearance on "The Jerry Springer Show," which she said was about the father of her son cheating on her. He questioned why she stayed with Shine for over a year.

"I had nowhere else to go," she said.

That kind of kills the whole "we wont print her name" thing doesn't it? How many people from Buffalo show up on the Jerry Springer show?