Primetime is BacK!!!!Back!!! BacK!!!!!!

plenzmd1

13 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Why would they not put this on ESPN or ESPN2?

Do they think they would not get viewers?

i know they originally lost the ability to do Primetime when NBC got the Sunday Night Package. NBC paid so much for the games, they got that Sunday night 7-8:30 window exclusive for highlights show. Sure ESPN now has figured out that does not covering a streaming only chanell. I am sure NBC is livid, and i am sure it took till now for the lawyers to clear it

13 hours ago, DuckyBoys said:

don't know that it will be the same but I will always have fond memories of early fantasy football watching the show trying to get stats before the paper would come out the following day

me too brother! Man was it ever the rush to fins a USA Today every Monday and Tuesday morning strictly for the box scores!!!

4 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

People actually pay extra to watch certain espn channels?  Stupid

as a 3 year old would say..you stupid!!!!

5 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Had too, NBC contract with.NFL gave them exclusive window on highlights. 

Well, they could no longer air in that time slot but nothing was stopping them from continuing the show.

For people of a certain age (born before 1975) this show represents everything that was great about the NFL. Great in depth highlights, great analysis, great humour and Chris Berman who loved the Buffalo Bills. It was an utter travesty that the idiots in the league agreed with the Aholes at NBC that ESPN could no longer run NFL primetime at 7PM on Sundays.  Why? because it might distract viewers from NBC's epically lame football night in America highlights which basically was weak in all the areas where Primetime was strong.  ESPN for their part should have pressed on with the show with full support but instead ran it in a different slot where it withered and died. 

Edited by Livinginthepast
  • Like (+1) 3

9 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

they have the UFC and other sports leagues and programming that isnt on regular ESPN.

and its $5 a month, or $60 for the year..i will spend more on beer in the first half of the opener next week

54 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

For people of a certain age (born before 1975) this show represents everything that was great about the NFL. Great in depth highlights, great analysis, great humour and Chris Berman who loved the Buffalo Bills. It was an utter travesty that the idiots in the league agreed with the Aholes at NBC that ESPN could no longer run NFL primetime at 7PM on Sundays.  Why? because it might distract viewers from NBC's epically lame football night in America highlights which basically was weak in all the areas where Primetime was strong.  ESPN for their part should have pressed on with the show with full support but instead ran it in a different slot where it withered and died. 

i can distinctly remember coming home from Bills games in 87 and being like ...whoaa this is awesome! Don't Have to wait up till 11:30 anymore fpor the George Michael Sports Machine! As a side note, when i moved to the District in 88, I was shocked George Michael was the sports guy at NBC in DC!!!

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/13/2019 at 8:08 PM, KD in CA said:

Plus his wife was killed in a car accident a couple years ago, so he probably needs something to do to save his mental health.  

His wife was 3x over the limit and killed someone just going about his day. I imagine he had some idea of her drunk driving habits and have little sympathy towards him in this regard, though I imagine the emotions of someone whose partner’s reckless and selfish behavior took someone’s life are unimaginably complex.