Names to watch for the Oct Trade deadline

Reed83HOF

20 minutes ago, Seoulofstone said:

Who is Chad Forbes and why is this randomly selected list of names to be watched?

I'm not excited about any of these guys as a guy to take the Bills over the top.

A great WR..........one of the league's best young pass rushing DE's..........an explosive young TE with speed and quickness and 2 years of team control.......a few of the games best CB's...........they aren't all needs at the moment(injuries happen).........but if not top players at key,  high impact, high dollar positions then what kind of midseason player are you looking for to take the team over the top? 

1 hour ago, GymShorts84 said:

Jalen Ramsey will probably cost a first, so he’s off my list. I offer a 2nd for Fitzpatrick all day. He’s cost controlled for years and is versatile. Draft picks are overvalued, especially if they are owned by playoff teams. Fitzpatrick is a young, proven player who can lock down the slot or let Hyde shift to nickel. It’s a luxury move, but dirt cheap. He’s more of a sure thing than you’ll get with the 52nd pick next year. 

WHile I would be in on a lot of these players....I diagree that draft picks are overvalued in the hands of a GM that knows how to draft

Two VERY GOOD drafts by Beane....and now we are loaded with cap space....the talent coffers are refilled.....we have some depth as well......and players on cost controlled draft pick contracts.

That being said....Offensive Playmaker, Pass Rusher.......yes

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

Why do people keep saying this?  Why is this a position of need?  

Brown is our 1 and showed it this week. Beasley is the slot.  If we run 3 or 4 sets, Zay and Foster are there.   

I just don’t see it as a need more than I see it happening in BPA

Even if you are enamored with Brown and Beasley(and you shouldn't be, the Jets have the worst CB's in the NFL) they will be 30 and 31 next season.

If Bob Foster doesn't get his game back then they are basically living season to season with their WR corps........which isn't ideal with a young QB.........you really want to build something there with somebody who could be a #1 for Allen for the next 5-7 years.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Even if you are enamored with Brown and Beasley(and you shouldn't be, the Jets have the worst CB's in the NFL) they will be 30 and 31 next season.

If Bob Foster doesn't get his game back then they are basically living season to season with their WR corps........which isn't ideal with a young QB.........you really want to build something there with somebody who could be a #1 for Allen for the next 5-7 years.

I feel like the Patriots success sans a premiere legit number 1 has created a false narrative that elite WR's just aren't important. Maybe it's not a NEED if you cobble together enough decent talent, but it's certainly something you'd greatly prefer to have.

I'd feel much better about the Bills chancing of scoring when they NEED to score if we had the type of all around stud WR who's able to make a play even if the opponent knows it's likely that's where the ball is going.

We currently do not have that type of player at RB, TE, or WR.

Edited by LSHMEAB

8 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I feel like the Patriots success sans a premiere legit number 1 has created a false narrative that elite WR's just aren't important. Maybe it's not a NEED if you cobble together enough decent talent, but it's certainly something you'd greatly prefer to have.

I'd feel much better about the Bills chancing of scoring when they NEED to score if we had the type of all around stud WR who's able to make a play even if the opponent knows it's likely that's where the ball is going.

...and on that note I’d argue Moss and Edelman we’re both legit 1’s although Edelman isn’t prototypical.

3 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

No question.

I think people sometimes forget that Tom Brady did not become an unstoppable machine on Sundays until he was 30 and Randy Moss was added to his WR corps.

Before that he was basically a 230 ypg passer who threw 2 TD to 1 INT during the regular season............getting Moss helped him cross the bridge from a very good QB who was clutch into monster producer who would a be in discussion with greats.

And yeah let's be honest.........a competent NFL CB probably doesn't get beaten for that late TD throw to John Brown.

The analysts kindly referred to it as a back shoulder throw but it was actually a wobbler thrown much too far to the inside and Brown just beat a woeful CB.

On most days you are going to want a Julio Jones or AJ Green on the other end of a pass like that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

...and on that note I’d argue Moss and Edelman we’re both legit 1’s although Edelman isn’t prototypical.

Yeah. I agree with this. While Edelman isn't prototypical, he's a matchup nightmare. Point being, because they haven't generally had guys fans CONSIDER number 1 studs, people downplay the significance of the position. What the Patriots have done is a complete NFL anomaly and while you may want to incorporate a few of their principles, trying to duplicate that formula is an exercise in futility.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

A great WR..........one of the league's best young pass rushing DE's..........an explosive young TE with speed and quickness and 2 years of team control.......a few of the games best CB's...........they aren't all needs at the moment(injuries happen).........but if not top players at key,  high impact, high dollar positions then what kind of midseason player are you looking for to take the team over the top? 

Green is great but old and often injured. He will retire a Bengal by his own comments. Ngakoue is superb and there is no way Jax will choose other guys over him  Engram is a receiving TE who is bad at blocking  Buff don't need CBs especially with terrible attitudes like Ramsey. Petersen would be very expensive and he's past his best. 

This stuff isn't gonna happen until trade deadline when teams begin to accept the season is over or that they have an obvious upgrade available. It's pure conjecture. This guy is just throwing names against the wall and seeing what sticks. 

14 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

As someone that firmly believes it’s our #1 need you need someone that can be open, and make plays, regardless of the matchup. The Bills have a bunch of skills that mesh. They don’t have someone that just wins because he’s better than the guy across from him. Additionally, a #1 bumps everyone else down a slot and creates easier matchups across the board. I don’t think that the Bills need another guy (like a Zay or even Brown) they need a guy that can take over games when needed. They need a guy that team’s scheme for and roll coverage too. If you put Julio Jones or Davante Adams or Michael Thomas (who we should have drafted) or OBJ or Nuke onto this team they are instantly a Super Bowl contender. 

I love the direction in which  this team is heading, but I don’t believe we are just one player away. After next off season, I think we will be there. 

Go Bills!

16 hours ago, CSBill said:

Would be fun to bring J Ramsey in.

No it wouldn't that guy is the King of dooshbag land.

15 hours ago, Sunshower said:

3rd + Robert Foster for AJ Green.

Yeah so we can give up a third rounder to watch an old receiver get hurt and miss time instead of a young receiver getting hurt and miss time. Pass

13 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

WHile I would be in on a lot of these players....I diagree that draft picks are overvalued in the hands of a GM that knows how to draft

Two VERY GOOD drafts by Beane....and now we are loaded with cap space....the talent coffers are refilled.....we have some depth as well......and players on cost controlled draft pick contracts.

That being said....Offensive Playmaker, Pass Rusher.......yes

This makes a ton of sense but no team is gonna let anyone worthy walk. I get taking a shot at a difference maker but  pulling the trigger with draft capitol is hard especially for Beane and rightly so. He's done a great job. I think Allen needs this year to polish up and then in the off-season you pull off a move for a stud wide receiver. Do you think he's ready now? I will get back to you in 4 weeks.

17 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

3rd year on Rookie deal. Still have final year and the 5th year option. I definitely would give up a 2nd. (Not sure if I would get to a 1st). 

I guess will find tomorrow how he stacks up against a good D , but either way I think we need another weapon on offense besides Smokey , the kind that ( as they say ) will keep a defensive coordinator awake at night , especially if we’re going to throw the ball 30+ times a game