Names to watch for the Oct Trade deadline

Reed83HOF

27 minutes ago, Virgil said:

It’s crazy to say, but I think this roster is at the point where we can afford to go big to bring in one piece.  

I look at where I expect us to draft and who might be available, and Engram is the better value to me.  

I get it. Just trying to think of what Bills would do. I don’t see them giving a 1st for a TE when have two TEs on Roster they just brought in via draft and another via UFA 

14 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Looking like a WR rich draft next year - and its a position of need... so i would think the 1st is off the table entirely.  

Why do people keep saying this?  Why is this a position of need?  

Brown is our 1 and showed it this week. Beasley is the slot.  If we run 3 or 4 sets, Zay and Foster are there.   

I just don’t see it as a need more than I see it happening in BPA

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Why do people keep saying this?  Why is this a position of need?  

Brown is our 1 and showed it this week. Beasley is the slot.  If we run 3 or 4 sets, Zay and Foster are there.   

I just don’t see it as a need more than I see it happening in BPA

As someone that firmly believes it’s our #1 need you need someone that can be open, and make plays, regardless of the matchup. The Bills have a bunch of skills that mesh. They don’t have someone that just wins because he’s better than the guy across from him. Additionally, a #1 bumps everyone else down a slot and creates easier matchups across the board. I don’t think that the Bills need another guy (like a Zay or even Brown) they need a guy that can take over games when needed. They need a guy that team’s scheme for and roll coverage too. If you put Julio Jones or Davante Adams or Michael Thomas (who we should have drafted) or OBJ or Nuke onto this team they are instantly a Super Bowl contender. 

• Like (+1) 5

Jalen Ramsey will probably cost a first, so he’s off my list. I offer a 2nd for Fitzpatrick all day. He’s cost controlled for years and is versatile. Draft picks are overvalued, especially if they are owned by playoff teams. Fitzpatrick is a young, proven player who can lock down the slot or let Hyde shift to nickel. It’s a luxury move, but dirt cheap. He’s more of a sure thing than you’ll get with the 52nd pick next year. 

Edited by GymShorts84

1 hour ago, Sunshower said:

3rd + Robert Foster for AJ Green.

If a 3rd and a 5th is all that Clowney(and half of his salary paid) commanded for 16 games under contract I'd say that you are offering more than it will take.

If the Bengals decide to move AJ Green the $6M-$7M of salary they can save by dealing him will likely be more important to them than what they can realistically get back in trade.    

To anyone that thinks our WRs are set (I like them), green would still be a great addition. I liken our group to Seattle of the past few years. Sure, they had Baldwin, and he was their go to guy and even put up 14 TDS in a season, but you wouldn’t consider him a true #1 would you? Like Baldwin, I think brown can put up numbers, and likely will be pretty good. But he’s not an AJ Green type that we could definitely use.