Is Cam Newton Done

prissythecat

11 hours ago, KD in CA said:

A big contract for an old, disillusioned, broken down Cam Newton?  I guess anything is possible.

This is a guy who's great when everything is running in his favor.  But once anything starts to go wrong, he has no fortitude.  A mental midget. 

the Chargers, Bears, Dolphins, and Broncos love these deals. I don't rule out the Colts either

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....sure as hell hope the "Carolina Connection" is DISCONNECTED for this clown......could NOT stomach his "Purple Rain Look Pressers" at OBD.......

Lets not give any one any ideas! I don't want to see him here!

• Haha (+1) 1

On 10/16/2019 at 7:31 AM, HiddenInLight said:

My brother in law is a Panthers fan and has been saying it's about time to move on from cam since last year.  He was already souring on him during the superbowl run.  Personally I think Norv Turner needs to get the axe first. 

He was souring on him during the SB run? Sounds like he had an agenda to never like Cam in the first place.

He been hurt and tried to play through it.  It’s stupid the amount of hate he gets.  He was off to one of the best starts of his career last year before he got hurt.  If healthy, he would be a huge upgrade to a few SB teams. Hell a Mitchell T for Cam trade would make a lot of sense. The more Allen plays, the less special he looks.  Be a greAt fresh start for both players. 

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....sure as hell hope the "Carolina Connection" is DISCONNECTED for this clown......could NOT stomach his "Purple Rain Look Pressers" at OBD.......

AFL, why he is a clown? Because he dress weird? He does a lot for the community down there and has be a pretty model citizen in the nfl. Not trying to be overly PC but clown is a word that gets thrown around a lot.  Antonio Brown is a clown.  Cam is a warrior who plays through a lot of pain and had his body break down. 

11 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He been hurt and tried to play through it.  It’s stupid the amount of hate he gets.  He was off to one of the best starts of his career last year before he got hurt.  If healthy, he would be a huge upgrade to a few SB teams.

He's also been a bit of a punk.  Though I will say, for whatever reason, Mayfield is starting to show as much petulance and not taking nearly the level of flack for it that I've seen.

11 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

The more Allen plays, the less special he looks. 

WTF?

Cam may still be a decent QB ( not what he once was) , but wouldn’t want him here. Have to agree with AFL and others; I just never liked the guy’s personality and the wacky outfits and mannerisms at the podium. He seems to be a narcissist, maybe manic depressive idk. If I had to guess, I’d say he probably has a psychological disorder or two. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He's also been a bit of a punk.  Though I will say, for whatever reason, Mayfield is starting to show as much petulance and not taking nearly the level of flack for it that I've seen.

WTF?

Kyle

the nfl has been invaded by Allen qbs.

and cam has been a bit cocky but I think people got overboard hating on him. Rodgers used to celebrate tds. Brady screams at his coaches. Big Ben gets rowdy in bathroom stalls. Jim Kelly was an awful person off the field before social media.  But I swear people act like Cam is the devil.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Cam may still be a decent QB ( not what he once was) , but wouldn’t want him here. Have to agree with AFL and others; I just never liked the guy’s personality and the wacky outfits and mannerisms at the podium. He seems to be a narcissist, maybe manic depressive idk. If I had to guess, I’d say he probably has a psychological disorder or two. 

Yeah, there is something psychological there. Chronic need for affirmation and attention. It appears to border on narcissism. It is amazing how common this is, yet when an individual is in the limelight...it is so apparent. Fame sometimes aggravates a pre existing condition.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Yeah, guys who win heismans and MVP aren’t good qbs. Good post! 

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Kyle

the nfl has been invaded by Allen qbs.

and cam has been a bit cocky but I think people got overboard hating on him. Rodgers used to celebrate tds. Brady screams at his coaches. Big Ben gets rowdy in bathroom stalls. Jim Kelly was an awful person off the field before social media.  But I swear people act like Cam is the devil.

Haha that's true.  3 of them now.

3 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Yeah, there is something psychological there. Chronic need for affirmation and attention. It appears to border on narcissism. It is amazing how common this is, yet when an individual is in the limelight...it is so apparent. Fame sometimes aggravates a pre existing condition.

Thankfully no one in a more important position than nfl qb suffers from this!

its weird how some people think athletes should be more mature than politicians and people in more important jobs.  I can’t believe the guy who plays a sport for a living where you need to have a ton of confidence might be a little cocky!

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Lol, you missed where I said he isn’t what he once was. Yes, MVP type play would make the personality / behavior tolerable while it lasted. 

He was off to a great start last year.  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/N/NewtCa00/gamelog/2018/

Edited by C.Biscuit97
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

its weird how some people think athletes should be more mature than politicians and people in more important jobs.  I can’t believe the guy who plays a sport for a living where you need to havelo a ton of confidence might be a little cocky!

He was off to a great start last year.  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/N/NewtCa00/gamelog/2018/

Athletes are human just like us, and are probably more prone to stressors than the average person. The pressure to perform and win, win, win! Being self confident and cocky are great defense mechanisms.

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

its weird how some people think athletes should be more mature than politicians and people in more important jobs.  I can’t believe the guy who plays a sport for a living where you need to have a ton of confidence might be a little cocky!

It’s football, entertainment and not that important. Fans want to root for players they like, and the unimportance of football makes it easier to be picky. If I don’t like a player’s personality, I’m probably not a big fan of theirs. We don’t root for politicians, we vote for them. 

1 minute ago, Rocket94 said:

Athletes are human just like us, and are probably more prone to stressors than the average person. The pressure to perform and win, win, win! Being self confident and cocky are great defense mechanisms.

Self confidence , even cockiness can be great for athletes. No need to look like 1970s Elton John or something at the presser, or have weird verbal interactions with the media. 

• Like (+1) 1