Is Cam Newton Done

prissythecat

16 minutes ago, stuvian said:

Nostradamus is in the house

You were closer to  right than we knew.:lol:

So now the over/under on Cam being done is 12 months.

13 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

Cam.gif

Mrs. Doubtfire or Mrs. Misfire?

A few more light slams oughta' do it.

• Haha (+1) 3

16 hours ago, pop gun said:

Not really, of his 8 full seasons as a passer

1 year over 3900 yards passing

1 year over 25 TD passes

5 years under 60% comp

7 years of 12 int or more

3 winning seasons out of 8

6 out of 8 year QB rating below 89

1 year averaging more than 243 pass yards per game

Those are extremely pedestrian numbers and don't in any way suggest he is an elite passer, he's been good enough but at some point tough decisions will have to be made about him, he doesn't get to write his own ending in Carolina or probably anywhere.  

Yes he got to a SB and was MVP but that year other QBs had better passing stats that year. 

See I look at those numbers and I say wow that's pretty good considering he was throwing to guys like Funchess, Benjamin, Ginn, I mean those are some pretty bad WR's to have to compete with and he still made it to a SB. I have the mindset that the QB makes the WR but when the WR are that bad then it's impressive to me. Now he has had TE Greg Olsen but he is injured quite a bit. Now they finally have some weapons to throw to in Samuel/Moore and even Ian Thomas is going to be decent imo. I don't look at QB rating whatsoever, it's a joke of a stat imo. He also like you said made it to the SB and was an MVP, you don't get that being average.

Those Hocus Pocus outfits can't be real. I don't know. Maybe he's covering up a health issue or something, Val Kilmer style. It's weird. I hope the best for Cam if this football thing fizzles quickly, he has been a true pro as others have pointed out.

Edited by Nelius

7 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

See I look at those numbers and I say wow that's pretty good considering he was throwing to guys like Funchess, Benjamin, Ginn, I mean those are some pretty bad WR's to have to compete with and he still made it to a SB. I have the mindset that the QB makes the WR but when the WR are that bad then it's impressive to me. Now he has had TE Greg Olsen but he is injured quite a bit. Now they finally have some weapons to throw to in Samuel/Moore and even Ian Thomas is going to be decent imo. I don't look at QB rating whatsoever, it's a joke of a stat imo. He also like you said made it to the SB and was an MVP, you don't get that being average.

Conveniently forgot about Steve Smith who might make the HOF some day.

It could even be argued that statistically Smith had better numbers before Newton showed up, with the likes of Casey Clausen, Jake Delhomme, and Vinney Testaverde QBing and similar numbers after he left with a horrible Flacco throwing to him.  

Outside of one good year, where other QBs still had better stats Newton has been meh IMO.  

16 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

He is a big phony. Can’t wait until he is out of the NFL.  

...always has been an attention grabbing "ME" type IMO.....a post game "W" presser was ME....a post game "L" presser and he'd blame teammates (RG II 1/8 was a presser clone)...and more so now that he is becoming Mr. Irrelevant.....SMH..........

On 9/13/2019 at 4:57 PM, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I'm pretty sure that the year they went to the super bowl Cam was league MVP and accounted for 45 TDs and over 4100 yards.

You just proved my point... what has he done since? JACK. Like I said, a Super Bowl doesn't necessarily reflect a QB's career abilities! Philip Rivers has never been to one... neither has Warren Moon or Dan Fouts, and they are all HOFers or going to be HOFers. Steve McNair was also an MVP, so MVP means nothing either to be sure.

All those hits. Surgeries. Has lived off his raw ability which declines at a faster rate based on how often you take a beating. Just watch his body language whenever things aren’t going well. Defeated. Lately that’s most the time. He still has some years left of above replacement level, but not a franchise QB anymore. I would be moving on if I was Carolina. 

This could be a major offseason for QB turnover.  

Retirement is not out of the question for: Brees, Roethlisberger, Eli, Brady.  To a lesser extent Rivers, Cam, Rodgers. To an irrelevant extent Flacco, Alex Smiff.

Meanwhile, seats are getting hot for: Cam, Mariota, Jameis, Dalton, Flacco, Stafford (?)

Teams definitely not in the QB Market: AFC - BUF, NYJ, BAL, CLE, KC, OAK, HOU. NFC - NYG (for now), DAL, PHI, WSH, CHI, MIN, ATL (?), SEA, LAR, SF, ARZ.