Is Cam Newton Done

prissythecat

3 hours ago, H2o said:

He's gotten more and more strange over the last couple of years. Seems to be more worried about his fashion than football as well. 

Yeah, he needs to worry more about making a statement on the field instead of behind the podium with his ridiculous outfits.

4 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

During preseason when he was talking trash to Captain and Ed, he frankly looked a good deal skinnier than I remembered him being, maybe his fitness routine was lacking during his recovery time, does he take coaching and fitness advice well or does he ignore that sort of input?

Or maybe he is done, like “put a fork in it” done.... ?? Hope he saved some money during his career...

Cam said he wanted to lose weight and that's why he went on a Vegan diet this offseason and lose 10 pounds to 235.  He may have lost muscle as it's more difficult to get protein.  The first step he should take to get right is order a 40 ounce Ribeye.

4 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I'm pretty sure that the year they went to the super bowl Cam was league MVP and accounted for 45 TDs and over 4100 yards.

So what, a lot of other QBs had better years statistically that year but their teams didn't go 15-1 and make it to the SB like Newtons did.  That said Newton did have a pretty good year that year but all his other year are mediocre at best.

I'm not a fan of Cam the person but I'm a fan of him on the field. He is getting over multiple surgeries, this past one was only months ago so it may take him awhile to get that back. I think people are undervaluing his passing game a bit, he's a career 60 % in completion percentage. I think the turnovers are more lack of talent than Cam being done. They've had Benjamin, Funchess and Ginn as their starting WR for awhile and now they finally look like they have some weapons in Samuel, Moore and Olsen but Cam will need some time to get his arm back.

8 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Welp....I think we got this covered. 

The great part is now we can't be wrong. In all seriousness though I hope he pulls out of this. Maybe he's still battling shoulder injuries or something else is off, or maybe he really has hit his limit. I'm not the biggest fan of Cam out there, but I can't deny he's a really fun quarterback to watch when he's on his game. 

He’s not “done” but he’s certainly on the downslope. Sucks because he was an exciting guy to watch for a while. He also won a MVP for everyone saying he always sucked.

10 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

I have a simple question.  Is he known to be a grinder?  Because his public persona suggests he's not.

What does that even mean

2 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

He’s not “done” but he’s certainly on the downslope. Sucks because he was an exciting guy to watch for a while. He also won a MVP for everyone saying he always sucked.

What does that even mean

I mean he looks and acts like he's caught up in his own hype, not real, and would rather be shopping for hats or scarfs than breaking down defenses.  

So I was curious if anyone has come across articles discussing whether or not he's a "first in, last out" kind of leader.

Edited by BillnutinHouston

8 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I'm not a fan of Cam the person but I'm a fan of him on the field. He is getting over multiple surgeries, this past one was only months ago so it may take him awhile to get that back. I think people are undervaluing his passing game a bit, he's a career 60 % in completion percentage. I think the turnovers are more lack of talent than Cam being done. They've had Benjamin, Funchess and Ginn as their starting WR for awhile and now they finally look like they have some weapons in Samuel, Moore and Olsen but Cam will need some time to get his arm back.

Not really, of his 8 full seasons as a passer

1 year over 3900 yards passing

1 year over 25 TD passes

5 years under 60% comp

7 years of 12 int or more

3 winning seasons out of 8

6 out of 8 year QB rating below 89

1 year averaging more than 243 pass yards per game

Those are extremely pedestrian numbers and don't in any way suggest he is an elite passer, he's been good enough but at some point tough decisions will have to be made about him, he doesn't get to write his own ending in Carolina or probably anywhere.  

Yes he got to a SB and was MVP but that year other QBs had better passing stats that year. 

• Like (+1) 1