Is Cam Newton Done

prissythecat

I don't think he's done, but I don't think he's just playing football anymore. It almost seems like he's thinking too much. He's the type that you have to just turn loose and let him do what he does. The older he gets and the more the injuries pile up, the more it takes it's toll. 

I was ambivalent about Cam until I saw that video of him talking trash to our guys at that practice thing.  What a moron!  Why in the world would you place so much importance on a scrimmage?  Who cares?  What are they handing out trophies for scrimmages now?  But he was so adamant about making sure our guys knew they won that drive or whatever.  Totally childish.  He really showed me how dumb he is there.  Really, really stupid.  I hope the best for all these athletes but I couldn't give a rodent's you-know-what about Cam now.  He's a child!

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

That's lazy comparison

Physically they are similar, but between the ears they are nothing alike

And if you have the brain, work ethic and talent as a QB you will make it.

When Drew Bledsoe was the#1 pick everybody said that have never seen someone spin a football like him, it was different..  Josh Allen has that kind of different arm with a work ethic and desire for greatness

And a lot more mobility.

During preseason when he was talking trash to Captain and Ed, he frankly looked a good deal skinnier than I remembered him being, maybe his fitness routine was lacking during his recovery time, does he take coaching and fitness advice well or does he ignore that sort of input?

Or maybe he is done, like “put a fork in it” done.... ?? Hope he saved some money during his career...

Edited by Don Otreply

4 hours ago, Nick the Greek said:

Took the Panthers to a Super Bowl.. that’s a pretty legit accomplishment for any QB I’d say. 

Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer have Super Bowl rings.

If you are a QB that limits mistakes on a team with a great defense, you could win it all. It doesn't necessarily reflect the QB's career abilities.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer have Super Bowl rings.

If you are a QB that limits mistakes on a team with a great defense, you could win it all. It doesn't necessarily reflect the QB's career abilities.

I'm pretty sure that the year they went to the super bowl Cam was league MVP and accounted for 45 TDs and over 4100 yards.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, DallasBillsFan1 said:

Never thought much of him as a QB.  When they went to Superbowl and the ball fumbled, he stood there and watched instead of diving in and making a play for the ball.  Great athlete but doesn't seem to care or be competitive.

Carolina should move on, he is not franchise material.  Maybe a back up?

Well he has been there QB for 9 years so he's definitely been their Franchise QB 

All players go down hill at some point