Is Cam Newton Done

prissythecat

2 hours ago, 416BillsFan said:

Loved watching Cam, so I hope he can recover. But he looked absolutely awful - not running on the 4th and 1/2 and the 2 yard line was painful to watch. And not to read much into it, but is he giving us a clue by dressing like he's on the way to a Boca Raton retirement home 2 weeks in a row?

Hasn't he been doing this his entire career?

He's never been a great passer and now that he's beat up he can't run any longer.   The path from here to the end of his career will be a relatively swift downward trend.  I'd guess 3 years, but he may choose to quit sooner if the team falls apart.

If any fanbase knows bad QB, the Bills fanbase does.  

If the Panthers coaches thought that Newton's problems were something that would be solved with further healing, I believe he would have been pulled last night. To me they are giving him as much runway as possible to see if he can take flight again.  If he plays two more games in a row like that, he could be a mid-season retirement.  

18 minutes ago, I'm Spartacus said:

Cam Newton has just morphed into a Fig Newton

..LOL...his fedoras and pressers are boring....they're about "ME"...RG II 1/8 followed his script.....a "W" was ME...a "L" was teammates under the bus.......he's lost his focus.....perhaps his heart for the game as well.....sure many differ, but just my opinion.....

38 minutes ago, wppete said:

could be....

WTF!!!!!! Is this a recent photo? He's lost the plot! He should be evaluated, seriously....

This was his PC after yesterdays game.

Edited by stosh64

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..LOL...his fedoras and pressers are boring....they're about "ME"...RG II 1/8 followed his script.....a "W" was ME...a "L" was teammates under the bus.......he's lost his focus.....perhaps his heart for the game as well.....sure many differ, but just my opinion.....

Bolded is definitely the perception but you'll be hard pressed to find any Newton quotes to this effect

37 minutes ago, wppete said:

could be....

WTF!!!!!! Is this a recent photo? He's lost the plot! He should be evaluated, seriously....

It’s from last nights post game interview. Perhaps, if he put as much energy into football as he does in his attire, he wouldn’t suck as a player. Just a guess..

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

It’s from last nights post game interview. Perhaps, if he put as much energy into football as he does in his attire, he wouldn’t suck as a player. Just a guess..

How old school and un-woke of you.;)

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, uticaclub said:

Sadly, the most optimistic reviews of Allen is that Cam Newton would be his ceiling. Let's hope Josh can raise that bar. 

That's lazy comparison

Physically they are similar, but between the ears they are nothing alike

And if you have the brain, work ethic and talent as a QB you will make it.

When Drew Bledsoe was the#1 pick everybody said that have never seen someone spin a football like him, it was different..  Josh Allen has that kind of different arm with a work ethic and desire for greatness

• Like (+1) 1

I have never been impressed with the way Newton played the position. I believe his injuries have caught up with him and he will continue to decline. His throws are all over the place and he is trying to guide the ball to its desired location and his throwing motion doesn't look anything like it did in years past. 

After watching last nights game, it blows my mind that so many people have been so down on Josh. Maybe its because he is playing in Buffalo, maybe because he went to Wyoming. I know from what I have seen, Josh is learning how to read a defense and his accuracy is far beyond what it was last year and will only improve. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...my opinion.......and I've seen enough of them to form said opinion......you differ, but we're good...:thumbsup:

No worries OldTime, I just find myself defending Cam a ton cause my bro follows the Panthers religiously so I know more about Carolina than I care to admit...he gets a bad rap from the journalists but he really doesn't go public wrt to teammates, unlike some dude who said stuff like

"This isn't basketball. I can't play both ways. All we can do as an offense is try and score points."

and 

“Let’s just say we had some problems in protection. I’ll give Pittsburgh credit for the blitzes and their rush. Those guys rushed. But we did have some protection problems.”

and 

"Here we are, I'm out at my third Pro Bowl, I'm about to go in and throw a touchdown to Jerry Rice, we're honoring the Hall of Fame, and we're talking about our idiot kicker who got liquored up and ran his mouth off"  (actually this one still cracks me up :))

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, prissythecat said:

After 2015 ,  Cam has had 2 bad seasons and 1 "ok"  season.   Injury  and loss of key players (Josh Norman cough cough) may be cited as reasons for  the sub par succeeding seasons.   But after last night's loss in which Cam often missed easy throws to open receivers and couldn't  gain positive yardage on carries, one wonders if Cam has any way to adjust to a game after his physical abilities may have gone into a steep decline.  More traditional pocket QBs can compensate as they age / decline because they know how to read a defense and can use their remaining physical abilities to their fullest.

I think he is broken. There is something wrong with him he is not the same guy. He is so bad I think he retires soon. 

Just now, GoBills808 said:

No worries OldTime, I just find myself defending Cam a ton cause my bro follows the Panthers religiously so I know more about Carolina than I care to admit...he gets a bad rap from the journalists but he really doesn't go public wrt to teammates, unlike some dude who said stuff like

"This isn't basketball. I can't play both ways. All we can do as an offense is try and score points."

and 

“Let’s just say we had some problems in protection. I’ll give Pittsburgh credit for the blitzes and their rush. Those guys rushed. But we did have some protection problems.”

and 

"Here we are, I'm out at my third Pro Bowl, I'm about to go in and throw a touchdown to Jerry Rice, we're honoring the Hall of Fame, and we're talking about our idiot kicker who got liquored up and ran his mouth off"  (actually this one still cracks me up :))

.so maybe he'll be here next year......you know, "The Connection"....:D

3 hours ago, prissythecat said:

After 2015 ,  Cam has had 2 bad seasons and 1 "ok"  season.   Injury  and loss of key players (Josh Norman cough cough) may be cited as reasons for  the sub par succeeding seasons.   But after last night's loss in which Cam often missed easy throws to open receivers and couldn't  gain positive yardage on carries, one wonders if Cam has any way to adjust to a game after his physical abilities may have gone into a steep decline.  More traditional pocket QBs can compensate as they age / decline because they know how to read a defense and can use their remaining physical abilities to their fullest.

I you look waaaaay back into my post history, and there's been some real doosies back then, I called him "3 Years and a Cloud of BUST".  I have never seen him as a really good QB to begin with.  I did think he was a God-gifted athlete, which led to his overly cocky and obnoxious personality, in which I now think he's more like "3 years of sub-par play from a cloudy douchebag".

In fact, the more arrogant a player is in this league, the less I like them or even want them on the Bills, but Cam, he's done, but more importantly because he never really had it.

• Like (+1) 1