Eddie Money passes at 70

PromoTheRobot

5 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

My lord, we’re a chippy bunch in the forums today.  Brutally honest, but chippy.

Yeah, but...I mean, my sympathies, requiescat in pace and all, but I've never seen him where he didn't look like he hadn't just drunk Eddie van Halen under the table.

And I figured he would have died of acute embarrassment after making that God-awful video for Take Me Home Tonight...but maybe that was just his career.

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Yeah, but...I mean, my sympathies, requiescat in pace and all, but I've never seen him where he didn't look like he hadn't just drunk Eddie van Halen under the table.

And I figured he would have died of acute embarrassment after making that God-awful video for Take Me Home Tonight...but maybe that was just his career.

That was the charm.

His drinking and drug use was widely known here in the Bay Area. He'd show up to local shows plastered, often forgetting the lyrics. I guess luckily I caught him on a good day many years ago at a concert here in town. Another rocker from my childhood X'd out. On a side note, caught his TV show on AXS a few weeks back. He looked REAL bad, was surprised he was still performing in his condition.  

13 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Actually, your earlier comment on Eddie was just the ‘tipping point’.  I was more intrigued by most posters taking a backhanded swipe at Bojo in his birthday wishes thread.  ?

I won a contest and was able to help annonce him (John Waite and Lou Gramm ) at CMAC concert in '15 - he (and all) were nice guys -Eddie signed a shirt for my wife and we became even bigger fans.  

So when he put on a musical story of his life (with all his hits). in '18 called Two Tickets to Paradise - we went and saw it.   

One thing it talked about was when he almost died from partying too much (hospitalized for a while) and that was when he became sober - no drinking or drugs. Did it for his family and his health.   RIP Eddie Mahoney Money - Heaven will have a little more Music this week...

Interesting historical fact if you are into the old Casey Kasem's classic AT40's... if you listen to the shows where Two Tickets To Paradise was charting, they played a promo version with alternate vocal and guitar takes over the basic backing track. It just caught my attention as a single being about as different from the album track as I've ever heard - not just chopped up and shortened.

Edit: This version was basically a unicorn for about 30 years, highly sought after. Finally released on this 2008 compilation:

Edited by Ralonzo