AB will not be on exempt list per shefty

Reed83HOF

34 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I agree with everything up until the bolded point which i think is dead wrong.  Depending upon what comes out he could absolutely be in jeopardy of jail time, statue of limitations on rape is, state by state and i believe the minimum of any state is three years.  I highly doubt all the relevant intel has been disclosed in the lawsuit, she might have some very powerful evidence against him.  Some press hungry DA is not going to sit back and not jump on an opportunity to be a hero in a case like this, in fact they have a duty to pursue if they think a they can prove a crime and a conviction is possible..

I believe the DA said he was going to look into Antonio Browns case. He might take it up and possible try to plead AB out. But I just can’t see a conviction in court for a few reasons.

1. AB’s attorney can likely get all of the irrelevant character stuff thrown out. 

2. AB will have a damn good attorney 

3. The evidence does not seem strong. At least what we have seen so far. I’m not sure her testimony plus those emails would be enough to convict. 

4. It only takes one person on that hurt sympathetic. To a millionaire athlete thinking he is getting extorted. Which is exactly the picture his attorney will paint. 

They might investigate the case. But at this juncture, if I were a DA, I probably wouldn’t prosecute this case.  

13 minutes ago, eSJayDee said:

Two possible scenarios as to why she would cooperate w/ the NFL.

1) The claims have minimal merit & she's just doing it to "spite" AB.

2) The claims are legit & she is then using the NFL and it's considerable resources to substantiate her claims gratis.

So, your saying she’s meeting with the NFL because she is either right or she is wrong ?

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

So why was Tyrel Dodson placed on the list?

Ohhhhh ... that's right ... because he's not a household name like Antonio "I Got Your Back," Brown.

Dodson took a plea which is the same as a conviction. So really, it has nothing to do with being on the Pats or having a bigger name.

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Dodson took a plea which is the same as a conviction. So really, it has nothing to do with being on the Pats or having a bigger name.

Dodson was on the list long before taking the plea.  He was on the list within a couple days of being charged.

26 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Dodson was on the list long before taking the plea.  He was on the list within a couple days of being charged.

He was also arrested and charged with a crime. AB has not. I would assume the NFL can still suspend AB pending the results of heir investigation.

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Or....history shows it's next to impossible to win a criminal rape case so she went the civil route where you only need the majority of the jury.

Fake news. There are thousands upon thousands in jail for rape. its impossible to win a criminal case with word vs word and no evidence, which you might be right in this case. Only the 2 of them would know for sure.

8 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Fake news. There are thousands upon thousands in jail for rape. its impossible to win a criminal case with word vs word and no evidence, which you might be right in this case. Only the 2 of them would know for sure.

Less than 1% of rape prosecutions result in a feeling conviction.

https://beta.washingtonpost.com/business/2018/10/06/less-than-percent-rapes-lead-felony-convictions-least-percent-victims-face-emotional-physical-consequences/?outputType=amp

NFL really did the Pats* some favors with the WR corps this offseason.

They were laughably bad for a few weeks there. The like magic! Josh Gordon is no longer suspended despite his 4th indefinite suspension being applied last year and Antonio Brown just falls into their laps.

How the NFL approved that contract that was reported within about 3 hours of his release is a joke to me 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

NFL really did the Pats* some favors with the WR corps this offseason.

They were laughably bad for a few weeks there. The like magic! Josh Gordon is no longer suspended despite his 4th indefinite suspension being applied last year and Antonio Brown just falls into their laps.

How the NFL approved that contract that was reported within about 3 hours of his release is a joke to me 

Almost like they knew all along that they would get AB

11 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

That's the same with any crime reported. Need evidence for a conviction. Look how many people are in jail. There would be many more if you were guilty until proven innocent. Thank god its the other way around. 

https://www.rainn.org/statistics/criminal-justice-system

Edited by badassgixxer05

2 hours ago, skibum said:

How does the NFL have the right to interview his accuser? They don't have any legal jurisdiction. Not sticking up for AB at all here, but this kind of stuff just blows my mind - that the NFL can conduct its own investigation of something as serious as rape, and that apparently because this is a civil case, they could go with whatever conclusion they want. And why a civil suit; why aren't the police involved? This whole thing is so bizarre to me. It's like law and order goes out the window when a famous athlete is involved. 

They can't make her come in for an interview, but if she's willing, there's no law against talking with her.

2 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I agree with everything up until the bolded point which i think is dead wrong.  Depending upon what comes out he could absolutely be in jeopardy of jail time, statue of limitations on rape is, state by state and i believe the minimum of any state is three years.  I highly doubt all the relevant intel has been disclosed in the lawsuit, she might have some very powerful evidence against him.  Some press hungry DA is not going to sit back and not jump on an opportunity to be a hero in a case like this, in fact they have a duty to pursue if they think a they can prove a crime and a conviction is possible..

Yuuup!

• Like (+1) 1