AB will not be on exempt list per shefty

Reed83HOF

How does the NFL have the right to interview his accuser? They don't have any legal jurisdiction. Not sticking up for AB at all here, but this kind of stuff just blows my mind - that the NFL can conduct its own investigation of something as serious as rape, and that apparently because this is a civil case, they could go with whatever conclusion they want. And why a civil suit; why aren't the police involved? This whole thing is so bizarre to me. It's like law and order goes out the window when a famous athlete is involved. 

2 minutes ago, skibum said:

How does the NFL have the right to interview his accuser? They don't have any legal jurisdiction. Not sticking up for AB at all here, but this kind of stuff just blows my mind - that the NFL can conduct its own investigation of something as serious as rape, and that apparently because this is a civil case, they could go with whatever conclusion they want. And why a civil suit; why aren't the police involved? This whole thing is so bizarre to me. It's like law and order goes out the window when a famous athlete is involved. 

the league has a personal conduct policy.  moral clauses in contracts etc.  if it hurts their brand you're out the door

40 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The NFL has never placed anyone on the exempt list as the result of a civil suit only. 

I did not realize that, actually.  If they're being consistent here I'm OK with it.

I know that players have been disciplined or suspended as the result of a civil suit or even behavior in the absence of criminal charges.

7 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

I hope a rhinoceros takes a dump in his precious little helmet.

This is marvelous. 

It deserves to be preserved and added to the English language as an insult.

However, Folks:

I enquired of Mr Google, and the memes of rhinoceros poo that showed up were too much for my delicate eyeballs.

So let's not and say we didn't

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, skibum said:

1) They dont.  I assume she volunteered to talk.

2)  That was her choice to file a civil suit.   The police are not involved because she never reported it to the police.  Depending upon what comes out some DA might take it upon themselves to look into it.

3) The entire thing is bizarre.

8 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

the league has a personal conduct policy.  moral clauses in contracts etc.  if it hurts their brand you're out the door

That wasn't skibum's query, the NFL does not have any right to interview the accuser, that is fact. NFL has zero standing/jurisdiction.    She obviously volunteered., skibuns assertion is correct

2 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

That wasn't skibum's query, the NFL does not have any right to interview the accuser, that is fact. NFL has zero standing/jurisdiction.    She obviously volunteered., skibuns assertion is correct

oh they cant force her to cooperate but they can certainly ask her to.  they have every right to investigate the accusation that's my point. 

14 minutes ago, skibum said:

The NFL has a right to interview whoever they please. What they do not have outside of court is subpoena power. If the accuser didn’t wish to talk to the NFL, she would not have to. You could go out tomorrow and conduct your own investigation as well. The NFL then has the power to suspend employees under its personal conduct policy because they are employees working under the personal conduct policy. The police aren’t involved because that’s not the avenue the accuser took. Perhaps she knew she didn’t have enough evidence or waited too long. Antonio Brown is in absolutely zero danger of ever going to prison. 

2 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

He might be, fr the Pats sake, i hope he is.

Well...  truthfully there is being a fan and disliking other teams and there is just idiotic. I read your response as idiotic. You are hoping someone is mentally ill to give the Patriots a disadvantage? You might want to check your message before hitting the submit button

1 minute ago, Bills2ref said:

The NFL has a right to interview whoever they please. What they do not have outside of court is subpoena power. If the accuser didn’t wish to talk to the NFL, she would not have to. You could go out tomorrow and conduct your own investigation as well. The NFL then has the power to suspend employees under its personal conduct policy because they are employees working under the personal conduct policy. The police aren’t involved because that’s not the avenue the accuser took. Perhaps she knew she didn’t have enough evidence or waited too long. Antonio Brown is in absolutely zero danger of ever going to prison. 

I agree with everything up until the bolded point which i think is dead wrong.  Depending upon what comes out he could absolutely be in jeopardy of jail time, statue of limitations on rape is, state by state and i believe the minimum of any state is three years.  I highly doubt all the relevant intel has been disclosed in the lawsuit, she might have some very powerful evidence against him.  Some press hungry DA is not going to sit back and not jump on an opportunity to be a hero in a case like this, in fact they have a duty to pursue if they think a they can prove a crime and a conviction is possible..

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Didn't Dodson get 6 games without being convicted of anything? Pats are the NFL's made team. People who think Goodell is out to get the Pats are morons. Kraft only went to that massage spa because Roger was busy.

yup and just for all the other sh*t that AB pulled on the Raiders should have put him on the list.   #TRUETHAT  #FUKDAPATS

9 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

Well...  truthfully there is being a fan and disliking other teams and there is just idiotic. I read your response as idiotic. You are hoping someone is mentally ill to give the Patriots a disadvantage? You might want to check your message before hitting the submit button

Welll...truthfully there is a thing called reading comprehension.....and is a thing called being serious and being sarcastic & said in justice so No i dont think i need to check my response before i hit send.  But thanks for the unwarranted irrelevant mini lecture.   

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

Just now, RoyBatty is alive said:

Welll...truthfully there is a thing called reading comprehension, this is a thing called being serious and being sarcastic & said in justice so No i dont think i need to check my response before i hit send.  But thanks for the unwarranted irrelevant mini lecture.   

I read well. Perhaps I misunderstood you. However,  I would venture a guess most educated posters would read your post like I did. Anyhow, I am all set with my lectures. Have fun.

Two possible scenarios as to why she would cooperate w/ the NFL.

1) The claims have minimal merit & she's just doing it to "spite" AB.

2) The claims are legit & she is then using the NFL and it's considerable resources to substantiate her claims gratis.

I still think, as I said the day she said she will meet with the NFL next week,,he will be on the 53 but not active this week.

Based on her interview, and evidence,  and what i am assuming the interview with AB and I am guessing his evidence, they will make a determination abot exemption list next week once they have a better feel for which way this is going to go,