Bills RTs: 100% Pass Block Score

DrDawkinstein

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27584726/nfl-pass-blocking-pass-rushing-rankings-2019-pbwr-prwr-leaderboard

NFL pass-blocking, pass-rushing rankings: 2019 PBWR, PRWR leaderboard

Top 10 OT Pass Block Win Rate

1. La'el Collins, Cowboys, 100%
2. Greg Robinson, Browns, 100%
3. Ty Nsekhe, Bills, 100%
4. Mike McGlinchey, 49ers, 100%
5. Orlando Brown Jr., Ravens, 100%
6. Cody Ford, Bills, 100%
7. Andrew Whitworth, Rams, 96%
8. Nate Solder, Giants, 96%
9. Kelvin Beachum, Jets, 96%
10. Brandon Shell, Jets, 96%

I know a lot of folks have said Ford looked bad, but the analytics say different.

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

This can’t be right.  I vividly recall Nsekhe blowing a pickup on a stunt and Allen getting smoked because of it.  I believe it was on a completion to Brown.  The comment in our house was that Ty was going get Josh killed if Ty didn’t open his eyes. 

I wonder if the fact that it was a completion accounts for a positive grade on the play? If the QB has the time to throw a completion then the OL did it's job?

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

This can’t be right.  I vividly recall Nsekhe blowing a pickup on a stunt and Allen getting smoked because of it.  I believe it was on a completion to Brown.  The comment in our house was that Ty was going get Josh killed if Ty didn’t open his eyes. 

The metric is whether a tackle can hold the block for 2.5 seconds.  I guess that is the magic number.  He may have gotten beat, but he hit that 2.5 second mark, apparently. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

The metric is whether a tackle can hold the block for 2.5 seconds.  I guess that is the magic number.  He may have gotten beat, but he hit that 2.5 second mark, apparently. 

Which is plenty of time .... for Tom Brady.

9 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Which is plenty of time .... for Tom Brady.

2.5 seconds is the rhythm to get the ball out. I know this because I'd always make it "One Mississippi, Two Mississippi, Three -THROW THE BALL!" while watching Tyrod.

edit: Guys, Im not saying Tyrod would throw it at 2.5 seconds. Just the opposite. That I was always yelling at him at 2.5 seconds to get rid of it.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

2.5 seconds is the rhythm to get the ball out. I know this because I'd always make it "One Mississippi, Two Mississippi, Three -THROW THE BALL!" while watching Tyrod.

You must have been saying Mississippi REEEEAAAAALLLLYYYYY slow!!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

I distinctly remember Ty falling flat on his back immediately after the snap on one play. Josh stepped up nicely and dropped a dime to Cole that he dropped, but idk how you can give a 100% grade when he let a free rusher in. Does anyone else remember the play I'm referring to? 

Edited by NextYear'sTheOne
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, NextYear'sTheOne said:

I distinctly remember Ty falling flat on his back immediately after the snap on one play. Josh stepped up nicely and dropped a dime to Cole that he dropped, but idk how you can give a 100% grade when he let a free rusher in. Does anyone else remember the play I'm referring to? 

Thank you!

I couldn't remember if it was Ford or Ty, but one of them got pancaked BAD.

19 minutes ago, NextYear'sTheOne said:

Yes, someone had actually linked a video and it was the same play where Beasley dropped a pass along the right sideline. I originally thought Ty got trucked but after that replay it just looks like he fell over, almost like someone stepped on his foot as he was getting off the line.