Minkah Fitspatrick on the trade block - he's going to Pitts for their first LOL

Reed83HOF

12 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

With all the picks they have, especially higher picks (1,2,3) Miami will be able to draft themselves out of talent hell.

They will have to hit on every pick they have in the first three rounds these next two years to even field a competitive team. Not a good team, but a 4-6 win team. They are in trouble for a while. 

Honestly Miami is rebuilding correctly. Completely tearing it down and ensuring the top overall pick. 100% going tobe a QB. 

Then they will use the other picks to probably be used on building around that new QB so OL and . 

If you are going to rebuild go all in. Miami is making smart moves. 

Now why the Steelers are trading away a potential top 5 pick makes absolutely no sense to me however 

Edited by DJB
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, DJB said:

Honestly Miami is rebuilding correctly. Completely tearing it down and ensuring the top overall pick. 100% going tobe a QB. 

Then they will use the other picks to probably be used on building around that new QB so OL and . 

Now why the Steelers are trading away a potential top 5 pick makes absolutely no sense to me however 

I disagree. I think you need to keep some productive pieces in place. Otherwise unless you win a Super Bowl within your QB's rookie deal you can't afford a competitive team...you need to overpay in FA and hit on an unrealistic amount of draft picks. Looking at the Colts here as the most obvious example

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

This is an absolutely idiotic and arrogant trade imo.  The Steelers are already 0-2 and go cross country next week to face a tough 49ers team.  They could very likely be 0-3.  They also have one of the toughest schedules in the NFL.  They still have to play all their division opponents twice.  Outside the division they have the Bills, Rams and Colts at home, while having to go on the road to the Chargers and the Cardinals.  I don't get this trade.  It is not like this team is a powerhouse outside of QB.  They must have a hell of a lot of faith in Mason Rudolph because I could see this easily being a top 10 pick and I just don't think Minkah is worth what that pick could become.

That Steelers pick might be a top pick, given Ben's injury. Not sure what they traded that when they could of used it to draft Ben's replacement. 

What the dolphins are doing is setting a bad precedent for the league. NFL might have to implement a draft lottery system. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, DJB said:

It may work out for them the way they hope.  

My concern would be that you end up with a locker room full of rookies and scrubs.

Will any of the guys that are FAs for them in 2020 want to stay?

How do the remaining guys feel spending time on a team that will take a few years to come around.

Will they need to severely overpay to get other teams FAs to go there?

It will be interesting to see  how this all pans out.

Just now, njbuff said:

Jimmy Johnson tore down Dallas starting in 1989, but he kept Irivin, Norton and few others around.

Miami doesn't want to keep anyone around.

Go get Xavian Howard, Drake or Ballage....

good with picking the carcass

M. Fitpatrick to Pit is aok wih me.