Minkah Fitspatrick on the trade block - he's going to Pitts for their first LOL

Reed83HOF

8 hours ago, eanyills said:

This narrative is a little exaggerated. Yes, the Steelers got dismantled by NE but they looked reasonably competent against Seattle. Fitzpatrick addresses one of their biggest weaknesses on defense, and based on their schedule, there’s six games they should win with Rudolph. If Rudolph plays well, they’re a 6-9 win team.

49’ers, Cincy twice, Miami, Arizona, NYJ, Colts. I’d say those are all teams they’re better than or on par with. They could split tough divisional games with the Ravens and Browns.

They aren’t picking top-5.

If I was the GM if the Steelers, I'd shift my focus to life after Ben. This was a great opportunity to see if they could pick a QB early in the draft. Who knows maybe Rudolph is the guy. 

3 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

The first that Miami got for Minkah will be a high first rounder. I don’t see Pitt winning more than 4 games this year. I think the Fins have 14 draft picks now, one will the the 1st over all and another should fall in the 2-6 range. This is kinda scary!!!

Honestly I think Mason Rudolph has a ton of potential, and he was in discussion with the other top 5 QBs in that class... since the most QB needy teams took guys, he slid, but I 100% believe if the Bills weren't able to go up and get Allen like they did, they would've taken Rudolph later in the first or with one of their 2 seconds.

He's got a ton of potential, and got to sit and learn behind big Ben for a year and see how it's done.  I don't think they're in as bad of shape as other people think.

They are depleted without AB but their D is still really good.  I think they still can win 8-9 games. 

9 hours ago, qwksilver said:

Should the NFL go to a lottery pick like NBA & NHL to prevent "tanking"?

It wouldn’t help.  The Phish already have first overall locked up; now they are just going for quantity.

24 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

A first round pick...for Minkah Fitzpatrick???

Is this real life?

That’s the thing:  Miami is clearly tanking, but the haul they are receiving for these players is tough to argue with.  I mean, who wouldn’t trade Tunsil and Stills for what the Texans offered them?

Edited by mannc

2 hours ago, aristocrat said:

remember when miami skipped over matt ryan to take the left tackle?   what are they doing here?  they are tearing it down too far to where they have to absolutely nail every pick. 

That’s the thing here for the Dolphins. They could hit on every single pick and still barely be competitive. And the odds of hitting on every pick they have is astronomical. They literally have nothing left. They have “NFL talent” by virtue of being in the NFL alone. For the most part, their NFL talent would be other teams 3rd string and practice squad talent. This accumulation of firsts does not scare me. They still need to hit on a QB, which is 50% at best. If they don’t hit on the QB nothing else will matter. Even if they do hit on the QB, they need to hit on pretty much everything else and overpay free agents to go to a team that has shown no loyalty to players and no commitment to even being competitive. 

5 hours ago, Wayne Cubed said:

The hit rate on 1st round talent is still only 50% AND they'll be drafting for need and not BPA with some of those players. I think this will push players down the board. Should be interesting to see how this all turns out. Suck for Luck ended up destroying a generational talent physically/mentally by not having talent in other areas of the team.

Time will tell.

What's the hit rate within the top 10? 

The thing is when you have a franchise QB, unless a position(s) is really hurting, you can take BPA. Our QB, OL, DL, and secondary outside of Howard and Jones sucks. Maybe I'm too optimistic but it shouldn't take long to rebuild the team IF Tua or whoever they pick at QB is the guy.

LB, DT, RB, and maybe WR/TE's are set with young players which leaves the draft and free agency, in which they are projected to have over $120 million, to focus on the trenches and skill players in the secondary and RB. Marvin Allen (responsible for Mahomes, Dee Ford, Chris Jones, Tyreek Hill, and Kareem Hunt) and Reggie McKenzie are also helping in the draft and in the front office. 

On 9/16/2019 at 11:39 PM, JMF2006 said:

The coach is calling the GM on the phone : Coach "I said QB"

GM " ooops"

Meanwhile, in the Dolphins’ equipment room:

”Gather up Minkah’s jerseys, and change the 29 to a 14.  This ought to save us some cash!”

On 9/16/2019 at 11:39 PM, apuszczalowski said:

Not a bad backup plan to have Rudolph and Fitzy

“And you were conceived in Pittsburgh!”

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Many of these picks they are getting will be to replace the talent they got rid of.  So they really need to hit on these picks or they might suck for 5 more years.

Thats the biggest head scratcher here. Getting rid of all your young talented proven guys to draft the unknown. Dumpster fire awaits. Should be some cheap seats available down there for our game in Nov. BillsMafia!

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, eanyills said:

This is a funny thread to review. Everyone blasted Pittsburgh for giving up a first for Minkah but he’s absolutely transformed Pittsburgh’s D.

Or, if could just be a team progressively becoming better as the season progresses. We’ve never experienced this. 

1 minute ago, Saint Doug said:

Or, if could just be a team progressively becoming better as the season progresses. We’ve never experienced this. 

He’s filled a massive coverage hole and has six turnovers since coming to Pittsburgh. Improvement in their defensive play coincides with his arrival and while it’s not all in part to Fitzpatrick, he’s definitely part of the reason for the turnaround.

8 minutes ago, eanyills said:

This is a funny thread to review. Everyone blasted Pittsburgh for giving up a first for Minkah but he’s absolutely transformed Pittsburgh’s D.

Well I thought it was a good trade for Pitt. First for first, except the one they got had already shown he could play, and at a premium position. 

He's one of those guys that the Bills have lacked all season. A playmaker. Stats are cool but where is the guy on defense that consistently makes big plays like a Fitzpatrick or a Bosa? The roster looks good but it also performs like you'd expect with 80 million in cap space.

Edited by Luka