Minkah Fitspatrick on the trade block - he's going to Pitts for their first LOL

Reed83HOF

19 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Isnt this similar to what the Bills did? They got rid of some young players that should have been considered cornerstones to get draft capital (they may have been a few years older then Miami's but not by that much). They traded Glenn and Darius for picks.

Very similar. Glenn, Darius, Watkins, and Darby all in their prime and all traded to rebuild.

On 9/13/2019 at 12:36 AM, John from Riverside said:

Beane and McD find corners working at Wallmart that come in and make plays

One of the nice things about our team situation.....our cap flexibility and ability to find talent......Levi Wallace for instance.

There are going to be our own players that are going to need to be paid soon

Fitzpatrick isn't expensive.  If the Bills like him they could trade for him and still sign their own guys.

On 9/13/2019 at 1:01 AM, Kingston Bills Fan said:

Would a second get it done and if so would any of you give up a second for the 11th overall pick last year who had a decent rookie year?

A 2nd might get it done.

Based on McBeane’s past, the way our roster is set up and our cap including long term plan...I don’t think McBeane would want to add a 2nd CB at a high cap hit.

Does Minka fit the McBeane mold for “type” of CB?

I don’t think he will be traded to Buffalo, but, think he will go for a 2nd round pick.

7 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

So the question  is do you strength a strength or do you save that draft capital/$ to shore up a weakness?  Side impact - potentially improve a division rival.

If it's only a strength when our starter is healthy, and the depth is lacking, is it really a strength? We're a little light on corners. Taron Johnson is always getting hurt. EJ Gaines was let go. Capt Munnerlyn was let go. Adding Minkah could shore up a corner spot for years to come. He was taken 11th overall last year, so we should be able to keep him for 4 yrs if we pick up his 5th year option for not unreasonable money. Top boundary corners are going for $15M/yr and top slots are getting $8-9M/yr. It all depends on what McBeane think of him, but if they sent a 2nd for him I'd be OK with it.

As far as improving a divisional rival goes, they're already loaded with picks and you don't know what they'll do with them. Like you said, it's potential. Are we confident they'll draft wisely? Most picks seem like coin tosses. Does strengthening our team now (and not for like a 1 year rental like Clowney) with a known commodity seem less worthwhile because of some future unknown commodity they may add? 

Interesting times.

On 9/12/2019 at 11:52 PM, Warcodered said:

They're trading there 1st round pick 11th overall a year later. ?

They'll suck for years.   I suppose they're thinking, "Why waste Minkah" when they can get a #1 which can be used as draft capital .

I just hope the NFL doesn't turn into the NBA, with a bottom teir of teams that always do these kind of things, making the upper tier stronger in the process.

Edited by Lurker