Minkah Fitspatrick on the trade block - he's going to Pitts for their first LOL

Reed83HOF

1 hour ago, DefenseWins said:

here is a complete list of Miami’s NFL Draft capital for the 2020 draft.

– 2020 1st-round pick (MIA)
– 2020 1st-round pick (HOU)
– 2020 2nd-round pick (MIA)
– 2020 2nd-round pick (NO)
– 2020 3rd-round pick (MIA)
– 2020 3rd-round pick (Comp – Ja’Wuan James)
– 2020 4th-round pick (MIA or TEN)
– 2020 5th-round pick (MIA)
– 2020 5th-round pick (Comp – Cam Wake)
– 2020 6th-round pick (MIA)
– 2020 6th-round pick (DAL)
– 2020 7th-round pick (MIA)
– 2020 7th-round pick (KC)

Combined with the fact that the Dolphins will most likely be drafting somewhere in the top 5 anyway one would think that they have enough draft capital to move up to get their QB of the future in next years draft. The difference between the Bills and Dolphins is that the Bills already had several pieces (particularly on defence) when they traded up to get Josh Allen. By trading the #10 pick to KC (which turned out to be Mahomes) the Bills got extremely lucky to not only get KC's #1 pick the following year plus pick up Tre White who has become a mainstay in their secondary. They also dipped into the FA market and got Hyde and Poyer at a very reasonable cost. Milano also was a great find in the 5th rd of the 2017 NFL Draft. Beane also was able to get Tremaine Edmunds by moving up in the 1st rd after taking Josh at pick #7.

If Minkah Fitspatrick is indeed the good young player he appears to be, I think Miami would be foolish to trade him even for a #1 which I doubt that they would get for him. 

Depends on whether any team or teams picking above them (assuming they're not the worst, which is possible) need a QB.

I'm not understanding all the posts about having to pay our own...Fitzpatrick is on a rookie deal that still has 4 years left on it plus a 5th year option...it would be 3-4 years before they had to worry about if they're gonna pay him more $$...wouldn't be any different then if they had 3 1st round picks instead of 2 that year...I'm not saying go get him I'm just confused on why anybody cares about $$ that doesn't need to be worried about for like 4 years or so or why your worried about $$ period.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Tsaikotic said:

I'm not understanding all the posts about having to pay our own...Fitzpatrick is on a rookie deal that still has 4 years left on it plus a 5th year option...it would be 3-4 years before they had to worry about if they're gonna pay him more $$...wouldn't be any different then if they had 3 1st round picks instead of 2 that year...I'm not saying go get him I'm just confused on why anybody cares about $$ that doesn't need to be worried about for like 4 years or so or why your worried about $$ period.

He'll demand more money after his 3rd season.

Gotta love Wiki....:lol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minkah_Fitzpatrick

"After his old team, the Miami Dolphins, gave up on the 2019 season, Fitzpatrick requested a trade and was granted permission to seek one on September 12th 2019."

"Minkah Fitzpatrick (born November 17, 1996)[1] is an American football safety for the Dallas Cowboys of the National Football League (NFL)."

Earlier, I saw he played for the Seahawks.    Somebody needs to change it to the Bills....

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DefenseWins said:

Combined with the fact that the Dolphins will most likely be drafting somewhere in the top 5 anyway one would think that they have enough draft capital to move up to get their QB of the future in next years draft. The difference between the Bills and Dolphins is that the Bills already had several pieces (particularly on defence) when they traded up to get Josh Allen. By trading the #10 pick to KC (which turned out to be Mahomes) the Bills got extremely lucky to not only get KC's #1 pick the following year plus pick up Tre White who has become a mainstay in their secondary. They also dipped into the FA market and got Hyde and Poyer at a very reasonable cost. Milano also was a great find in the 5th rd of the 2017 NFL Draft. Beane also was able to get Tremaine Edmunds by moving up in the 1st rd after taking Josh at pick #7.

If Minkah Fitspatrick is indeed the good young player he appears to be, I think Miami would be foolish to trade him even for a #1 which I doubt that they would get for him. 

The scary thing is, if they aren’t in love with any of the QBs, the Dolphins could trade out of the number 1 overall pick and get another huge haul, with the idea of tanking again for Lawrence in 2021.

Edited by mannc

1 minute ago, mannc said:

The scary thing is, if they aren’t in love with any of the QBs, the Dolphins could trade out of the number 1 overall pick and get another huge haul, with the idea of tanking again for Lawrence in 2021.

Then they send poor Flores packing after year 2 and bring in some big name HC and GM combo to play with all the picks and cap space he suffered to collect. 

That's the trouble with following this path. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

4 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Then they send poor Flores packing after year 2 and bring in some big name HC and GM combo to play with all the picks and cap space he suffered to collect. 

That's the trouble with following this path. 

It’s a variation on the Browns’ strategy and it’s far from certain that it can work.

Just now, TheFunPolice said:

It hasn't worked for the Browns, yet. I question Kitchens as a HC. 

Yeah, Kitchens doesn’t seem like HC material to me, and I think he’s sitting on a powder keg.  If they lose to the Jests, all bets are off.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Yep...not to mention the fact that we need to continue to work on our offensive side of the ball......a lot of players on one year deals to like Spain......we dont have a true number 1

Now before ppl scream about Smoke to me...I think he is a fine player.....but we dont have that big fast physical WR that can make big plays and get separation....that is still missing on this team.

I think you need to look at Brown's comments concerning #1 WRs and then you may understand the philosophy of this offense.

2 hours ago, DefenseWins said:

You can't trade up from 1st overall.

9 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Beane and McD find corners working at Wallmart that come in and make plays

One of the nice things about our team situation.....our cap flexibility and ability to find talent......Levi Wallace for instance.

There are going to be our own players that are going to need to be paid soon

If Minkah is signed by the Bills, he becomes one of our players.  If he turns out to be better than some others, then you pay him, and let others go. If is not as good, then you let him go to free agency. 

1 hour ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Man, our secondary would be pretty badass but I don't see Miami trading in division, no matter how weird things look down there. I think the guy fits our D really well though.....

Dolphins trade Fitzpatrick to the cadinals, he injures his ankle in an ice skating accident, refuses to play for the cards, forces his way to get cut, signs with the bills for cheap.  We now have a blue print.

• Awesome! (+1) 1