Minkah Fitspatrick on the trade block - he's going to Pitts for their first LOL

Reed83HOF

31 minutes ago, Foxx said:

this is his stated reason for wanting a trade. the Phins are making him play too many positions.

Im not saying shift him around everywhere as the dolphins do, I’m just just saying if the bills find that have a specific hole somewhere in the secondary (like nickel for instance,) Minkah can probably fill it.

5 hours ago, BillsVet said:

Flores and Grier are tearing down that roster so far I'm not seeing how they'll recover.  By the time they use all those picks and the players have a year or two experience it might not matter.

Agreed. They need to have two perfect drafts and several free agents to get it right 

33 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Doesn't Miami want to keep a few building blocks for their future?

Not everybody should go.

But Miami is a freaking mess and it looks like it will takes years for them to clean it up.

That’s kind of my thought. If you are rebuilding you build around your best young players (Tunsil, Howard, Fitzpatrick, etc...). Apparently Miami has no interest in keeping their young talented players. Of course this makes no sense but they did get a haul for Tunsil. I guess that they will try again.

• Like (+1) 1

here is a complete list of Miami’s NFL Draft capital for the 2020 draft.

– 2020 1st-round pick (MIA)
– 2020 1st-round pick (HOU)
– 2020 2nd-round pick (MIA)
– 2020 2nd-round pick (NO)
– 2020 3rd-round pick (MIA)
– 2020 3rd-round pick (Comp – Ja’Wuan James)
– 2020 4th-round pick (MIA or TEN)
– 2020 5th-round pick (MIA)
– 2020 5th-round pick (Comp – Cam Wake)
– 2020 6th-round pick (MIA)
– 2020 6th-round pick (DAL)
– 2020 7th-round pick (MIA)
– 2020 7th-round pick (KC)

Combined with the fact that the Dolphins will most likely be drafting somewhere in the top 5 anyway one would think that they have enough draft capital to move up to get their QB of the future in next years draft. The difference between the Bills and Dolphins is that the Bills already had several pieces (particularly on defence) when they traded up to get Josh Allen. By trading the #10 pick to KC (which turned out to be Mahomes) the Bills got extremely lucky to not only get KC's #1 pick the following year plus pick up Tre White who has become a mainstay in their secondary. They also dipped into the FA market and got Hyde and Poyer at a very reasonable cost. Milano also was a great find in the 5th rd of the 2017 NFL Draft. Beane also was able to get Tremaine Edmunds by moving up in the 1st rd after taking Josh at pick #7.

If Minkah Fitspatrick is indeed the good young player he appears to be, I think Miami would be foolish to trade him even for a #1 which I doubt that they would get for him. 

This is a mess.  The best solution is to dissolve this team, erase any record of them ever existing, give the right of first refusal for their players to existing AFCE teams in team or city alphabetical order but force the teams to fire their city's hockey GM for this right, move the Ravens to the AFCE, create an expansion team for the AFCN in St. Louis naming them the Cardinals, re-name Arizona the D-Backs, Suns or Coyotes, give St. L the option of hiring away the coaching staff of any team that has been caught cheating multiple times and whose owner has a thing for strip mall hookers, if St. L opts against these hirings then permanently expel that staff from the NFL, and call it a day.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BillsVet said:

Flores and Grier are tearing down that roster so far I'm not seeing how they'll recover.  By the time they use all those picks and the players have a year or two experience it might not matter.

Well that’s the problem a lot of the time. Unless ownership is completely on board, by the time they’re using that 2nd first rounder from Houston, they could be getting fired. Then you have a new GM, who has a different coach, different system, and needs different players, so you end up doing the same thing all over again. 

12 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

This is a mess.  The best solution is to dissolve this team, erase any record of them ever existing, give the right of first refusal for their players to existing AFCE teams in team or city alphabetical order but force the teams to fire their city's hockey GM for this right, move the Ravens to the AFCE, create an expansion team for the AFCN in St. Louis naming them the Cardinals, re-name Arizona the D-Backs, Suns or Coyotes, give St. L the option of hiring away the coaching staff of any team that has been caught cheating multiple times and whose owner has a thing for strip mall hookers, if St. L opts against these hirings then permanently expel that staff from the NFL, and call it a day.

Yes, this IS what they should do. (it would also erase the ‘70’s..)