Thursday Night Football Tampa at Car, NFL Network

RaoulDuke79

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think it would be a sign of what happens when you take a high-potential QB and under-invest in the tools around him

I read one columnists take on Luck and basically showed how the Colts ruined his career.  It was a great read.

You have to protect your franchise QB which they failed to do majority of his career.

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

I read one columnists take on Luck and basically showed how the Colts ruined his career.  It was a great read.

You have to protect your franchise QB which they failed to do majority of his career.

If you happen to have that link I'd love to give it a read.

Cam is a bit of a more nuanced case, as he came out as a mobile QB and I'm sure he wanted to run and felt he was tough and could take the hits.

I'm sure Allen feels the same and I just hope and pray those around him keep working with him to minimize, minimize.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

injuries have really destroyed Newton

This is another reason I want to see Allen take fewer hits... the Panthers used Newton like another RB for years and he took an absolute pounding. Now he is a shell of the "superman" he was. And Newton is built like someone from an Avengers movie. Still, the hits add up. Stuff breaks and tears.

That's why Brady, a scrawny 43 year old yoga guy who stretches instead of doing weights and eats nothing but avacado and beets, can play forever and never drop off at all: he almost never gets hit unless his coaches want to get cute and send him out for passes. That NEARLY ended his season last year when he injured his MCL tripping over his own 2 feet trying to catch a freaking pass.

This year he will just take the snap and throw the ball before any DL is even out of his stance. The games are just warm up for his hot yoga routines and rustic vegetable medley dinners. 

The power forward/QB when called upon becomes a one man army and is by far the single hardest athlete to defend against on the grid iron IMO. Only a small handful of NFL starting signal callers have the skill set to pull it off (IMO) and Josh Allen is one of them. Cam Newton entered the NFL with the intentions of playing the game the way he always has using everything at his disposal including his own body to move the football. Much like Mike Vick.

The difference I see between, Vick, Newton and Allen is above the shoulders. Josh Allen is the smartest QB in his draft class. Myself personally, this should translate into a safer style of play. Picking his spots much like Russell Wilson. Saving the best for crunch time, playoffs, Superbowl.

Edited by Figster

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If you happen to have that link I'd love to give it a read.

Cam is a bit of a more nuanced case, as he came out as a mobile QB and I'm sure he wanted to run and felt he was tough and could take the hits.

I'm sure Allen feels the same and I just hope and pray those around him keep working with him to minimize, minimize.

It's actually more focused on Grigson.

https://sportsnaut.com/2019/08/how-ryan-grigson-doomed-andrew-luck-and-the-colts/

17 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

What does everyone think of the Tampa "bronze" helmets?

They are unusual but I'm not sure it works for football.

I like the pewter-type color they use on the helmets, and the silver facemasks are sharp. The logo being oversized is what makes it look kinda weird for me. I think they should've scaled down on the logos and put a stripe down the center of the helmet. That's just me, though. What sucks the most about their uniforms is the design of the jersey numbers. Looks like a crappy alarm clock.

6 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

injuries have really destroyed Newton

This is another reason I want to see Allen take fewer hits... the Panthers used Newton like another RB for years and he took an absolute pounding. Now he is a shell of the "superman" he was. And Newton is built like someone from an Avengers movie. Still, the hits add up. Stuff breaks and tears.

That's why Brady, a scrawny 43 year old yoga guy who stretches instead of doing weights and eats nothing but avacado and beets, can play forever and never drop off at all: he almost never gets hit unless his coaches want to get cute and send him out for passes. That NEARLY ended his season last year when he injured his MCL tripping over his own 2 feet trying to catch a freaking pass.

This year he will just take the snap and throw the ball before any DL is even out of his stance. The games are just warm up for his hot yoga routines and rustic vegetable medley dinners. 

...pretty much sums it up....HE HAS TO.....Newton was highly touted at #3 coming out..Josh at #7 was the urinalists' head scratcher because of his collegiate career....and STILL is....always saw Cam as a "ME" type...Josh?..."WE" type.....tried to put the entire team on his shoulders to get the "W" regardless of "ME"......hard to temper this kid's enthusiasm for Bflo football, but he needs to be the long term franchise QB versus a short term exit on a gurney....cannot eliminate his physicality and to make things things happen with his size and agility...BUT...pick your spots son....you have a brand new supporting cast...make THEM earn their money...stay tuned.....