Thursday Night Football Tampa at Car, NFL Network

RaoulDuke79

3 hours ago, folz said:

The NFL needs to get rid of Thursday night games. They are almost always duds. Just not enough recovery time for the players.

Lazy and completely false.  Some of the best games of the season last year were Thursday night games.

3 hours ago, jkeerie said:

Horrible call.

I thought it was a good call giving the ball with a lot of misdirection to your best player.  It was just a great defensive play.

4 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Anyone with Spectrum not getting the game on NFL Network?

I couldn't get it on the spectrum app for some reason.

5 hours ago, folz said:

The NFL needs to get rid of Thursday night games. They are almost always duds. Just not enough recovery time for the players.

Keep them opening night and from week 6 to 13 with both teams playing them coming off bye weeks.  Having said that, given the choice between not having them and having them I'd still prefer having them.  Any NFL football is better than none.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, mannc said:

Lazy and completely false.  Some of the best games of the season last year were Thursday night games.

You’re both right.  In 2018 there were 13 games as part of the Thursday Night Football franchise.  Of those, 7 were decided by 14 points or more.  Of the other 6, four were decided by 4 points or less.

4 hours ago, elroy16 said:

Lots of open seats, pretty pathetic for a game so early in the season. 

Think this os a problem in many areas...people are staying home. Bills ain't exactly selling tickets like they have in the past either.

For this game in particular, home game on Sunday, back again 4 days later, weather looked awful early, work/school night., I can understand a bit of the uppers being empty.

But man to see the lowers bowl between the 20's half empty early in the 4th was jarring

• Like (+1) 1

It a shame mccaffrey and Kuechly 's talent is being wasted on that team. Now that is a Carolina connection that i hope makes its way to Buffalo.

Cam is terrible, screwed up two zone read running plays, you'd think after all these yrs he would know how to read defenses.

so glad we have Allen.

5 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Maybe he will be.

tumblr_mnppnrIvkT1rel180o4_250.gif

We know :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

MNF was a close game between two teams who looked like playoff teams.

TNF was a close game between two teams who looked like sub .500 teams.

The two QBs have taken a lot of heat for last night, and fairly so, but what about Dontae "Action" Jackson? His action seems to be losing people in coverage and failing to tackle runners by the goalline. He was atrocious.

I watched most of the 4th quarter and was really shocked by Newton's play.  He looked terrible.  Tampa was getting good pressure but Cam didn't even try to use his legs.  He was throwing off his back foot and horribly inaccurate.  Samuel got free numerous times for what could have been huge plays with even an average throw.  It's telling that with the game on the line at 4th and 1 from the 2-yard-line they took the ball out of Cam's hands.  I don't care how good McCaffrey is, if you have a star QB you always want him with the ball in that situation.

The Panthers are in trouble.

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, eball said:

I watched most of the 4th quarter and was really shocked by Newton's play.  He looked terrible.  Tampa was getting good pressure but Cam didn't even try to use his legs.  He was throwing off his back foot and horribly inaccurate.  Samuel got free numerous times for what could have been huge plays with even an average throw.  It's telling that with the game on the line at 4th and 1 from the 2-yard-line they took the ball out of Cam's hands.  I don't care how good McCaffrey is, if you have a star QB you always want him with the ball in that situation.

But, his hat..

I know it’s early, but Stick a fork in him and the Panthers.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, eball said:

Age and injuries slowing him down