Giants writer has great analysis of Allen first game

NakedSquid

54 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I was really starting to get into the article, and then this:

"One could recall that with the third overall pick the New York Jets selected quarterback Sam Darnold, and you could imagine what the Giants offense would look like this season with Darnold entering perhaps his second year as the starter. The fact that Darnold plays for a team in the same media market perhaps adds fuel to this fire. But there is another quarterback who was available with that second-overall selection that is also playing in the same state..." (emphasis supplied). 

I just can't...I just can't stomach this type of flagrant reporting foul! :rolleyes: 

Beat me to it! ?

Good stuff on the article. I also like the fact that he's the only analyst outside of Buffalo that acknowledged both INT's were off deflections. Everyone is so hell bent on insisting the picks and mis snap are ALL on Josh just to reinforce their agenda insisting Josh is an inaccurate and reckless QB.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Great article!

Look at the O-line play here as well = just fantastic

giphy.gif

That really was a nice play all around. And Zay tied his all-time record for YAC at 0.

I kid. I kid. 

Not really. I commend him for getting wide open on a nice route. But every other receiver catches this on the run. He has to go down just to make sure he catches it and tackles himself. 

• Haha (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Beat me to it! ?

Good stuff on the article. I also like the fact that he's the only analyst outside of Buffalo that acknowledged both INT's were off deflections. Everyone is so hell bent on insisting the picks and mis snap are ALL on Josh just to reinforce their agenda insisting Josh is an inaccurate and reckless QB.

Yeah. And two fumbles...one of which never touched his hands but is somehow his fault. 

He had had two other bonehead throws that make up for the deflections. 

1 hour ago, Charles Romes said:

If Allen’s picks go up this year we should all show a little patience and remind ourselves that the youngster is learning to throw with anticipation for the first time in his football life. Very good article though the writer almost lost me by using the word “perhaps” two sentences in a row.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well said.  We want the QB to push his reaction time and make quick decisions, and not let fear of mistakes paralyze him from taking his shots.  With that, some of his quick decisions are going to be wrong and result in picks.  So everybody, Deep Breath and patience.

I think back to JK. Almost 5% of his passes were INT’s his first year and more than TD’s. Drove me nuts but led to incredible things! 

41 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Beat me to it! ?

Although he said both deflections came off the receivers hands

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, msw2112 said:

This was one of the best football articles I have read.  Fair and balanced reporting, with analysis (and some opinion) based on facts.  Used real examples to back up the statements.  This guy knows what he's talking about.  We don't often get treated to this level of quality analysis.  Thanks to the OP for sharing this.

I much rather this analyst than from PFF stat nerds

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Nice article, would be cool if we could all be a bit more objective in how we express ourselves here.

nah, what am i sayin... never gonna happen.., ?

Go Bills!!!

4 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I was really starting to get into the article, and then this:

"One could recall that with the third overall pick the New York Jets selected quarterback Sam Darnold, and you could imagine what the Giants offense would look like this season with Darnold entering perhaps his second year as the starter. The fact that Darnold plays for a team in the same media market perhaps adds fuel to this fire. But there is another quarterback who was available with that second-overall selection that is also playing in the same state..." (emphasis supplied). 

I just can't...I just can't stomach this type of flagrant reporting foul! :rolleyes: 

Buffalo is in New Jersey??

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Charles Romes said:

If Allen’s picks go up this year we should all show a little patience and remind ourselves that the youngster is learning to throw with anticipation for the first time in his football life. Very good article though the writer almost lost me by using the word “perhaps” two sentences in a row.

I'm not nearly as concerned about picks as I am about production and how he bounces back from the picks. The best of the best generally threw a fair amount of picks early in their career, but they countered it with resilience and production. I'll be VERY concerned if we get a bunch of sub 200 yard passing games and a high number of picks. I'll have zero concern if we see a "fair" amount of picks with 250 plus yard passing games.

• Like (+1) 1