Bills LB Tyrel Dodson suspended 6 games

YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

What did he do, smoke some weed?  Oh nooooos

I'm actually only half joking. It does sort of numb you to these stories of guys being charged with 'minor' things when guys like Hill are getting new multi million dollar deals just months removed from child abuse. The whole thing is a bit of a joke right now

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

True, I forgot he wasn't counting against the 53

I think he will be cut and PSd

Why put him on the PS?  He can't participate in practice or even use team facilities while he's suspended, but he doesn't count against the 53

It's tough on him because he's a young guy just out of college, so he's gotta figure out how to cover lodging, food, and gym fees for the next 6 weeks.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Why put him on the PS?  He can't participate in practice or even use team facilities while he's suspended, but he doesn't count against the 53

It's tough on him because he's a young guy just out of college, so he's gotta figure out how to cover lodging, food, and gym fees for the next 6 weeks.

If he doesn't count against the 53 while suspended then don't cut him 

I'm not sure on how those rules work off the top of my head

26 minutes ago, Go Bealz said:

why is an unknown sap on a practice squad with minimal salary docked six games( misdemeanor -has been on exempt list) while the Patriots have cocaine trafficking ( Chung) , Sexual assault/Rape ( Brown) , prostitution ring ( Owner) all participating?

That's exactly the point I've been trying to make in the AB civil suit thread.

The NFL can nail this poor sap because he can't afford a great lawyer and the team isn't invested enough in him to help him fight it.

Meanwhile other teams have multiple players who have serious accusations against them, fully participating.

I'm not saying punish them without an investigation and due process, but if this guy gets exempt-listed pending the investigation, shouldn't they?

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

If he doesn't count against the 53 while suspended then don't cut him 

I'm not sure on how those rules work off the top of my head

I'm sure.  Doesn't count against the 53 while suspended.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That's exactly the point I've been trying to make in the AB civil suit thread.

The NFL can nail this poor sap because he can't afford a great lawyer and the team isn't invested enough in him to help him fight it.

Meanwhile other teams have multiple players who have serious accusations against them, fully participating.

I'm not saying punish them without an investigation and due process, but if this guy gets exempt-listed pending the investigation, shouldn't they?

I'm sure.  Doesn't count against the 53 while suspended.

Then there is no reason to cut him as I said in my first post

• Like (+1) 1

This happened months ago. Seems to fly in the face of the praise heaped on McBeane in here and elsewhere for their not tolerating unsavory types.

Owners, GM's and coaches will deny it as best they can but know their team, and every team, have players of questionable character, to say the least. 

Standing on a high horse regarding your teams players is a tough sell given the league history and often folly. But I'll still watch....I'm not that pious.  

Edited by I am the egg man

12 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

This happened months ago. Seems to fly in the face of the praise heaped on McBeane in here and elsewhere for their not tolerating unsavory types.

Owners, GM's and coaches will deny it as best they can but know their team, and every team, have players of questionable character, to say the least. 

Standing on a high horse regarding your teams players is a tough sell given the league history and often folly.

That’s not the type of character they espouse. It’s “football character.” They want tough, unselfish guys on the field who care about winning. They have had and will continue to have players who have been in trouble with the law. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1