OBJ calls out Gregg Williams for teaching “dirty hits” ; Gregg fires back

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

People label Belechick and Brady cheaters for stuff that happened in the past

Rapists and murderers are labeled as such for life after 1 incident

Greggo himself said in his bounty speeches , we do not apologize for how we play. His apologies were lies 

It's who he is as a coach

You are taking incidental hits by professional football players and attributing them to a coach? Who was coaching Jarvis Landry against Aaron Williams? Who was coaching Kiko Alonso vs Joe Flacco? Who was coaching Suh when he stomped on heads? 

The guy paid his debt. But all the others are just “football” plays? When does the player’s own voluntary and intentional choice to harm an opposing player factor into the equation? Because if you want to dwell on “bounty gate”, $1500 isn’t all that much for a DB making $3-7 million. 

24 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Huh?  What has he done recently (post-suspension) that leads to this conclusion?

Can we please pinpoint when he has done this since serving his suspension? Stop with the conjecture based on a bump/hit against Josh Allen and the claims by a jilted Browns defensive back. 

Come on...we are kidding. I cannot keep up with Greg Williams. I almost forgot about him until I saw replays of the cheap shots last Sunday.

6 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

You are taking incidental hits by professional football players and attributing them to a coach? Who was coaching Jarvis Landry against Aaron Williams? Who was coaching Kiko Alonso vs Joe Flacco? Who was coaching Suh when he stomped on heads? 

The guy paid his debt. But all the others are just “football” plays? When does the player’s own voluntary and intentional choice to harm an opposing player factor into the equation? Because if you want to dwell on “bounty gate”, $1500 isn’t all that much for a DB making $3-7 million. 

First there are dirty people in football.. players and coaches alike

Landry, Kiko, Dj swearinger, all dirty players... They don't need a dirty coach to tell them to play like that.. they've been doing it all their life

Then you have dirty coaches, AT ALL LEVELS, who coach like that and instill it on a team

I know people who have played for Gregg and they all say it is his MO

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Landry, Kiko, Dj swearinger, all dirty players... They don't need a dirty coach to tell them to play like that.. they've been doing it all their life

Then you have dirty coaches, AT ALL LEVELS, who coach like that and instill it on a team

And yet the player CHOOSES to play like that or not. Greggo isn’t on the field....it is a human being with their own mind and body. Their own WILL (if you want to say that). If a coach says “I want to dominate the other team” do you not realize how that can be construed as “injure” “maim” or any other type of negative connotation. I get your point...he has a history. But he served a suspension which is more than we can say for many others who served in a similar capacity over the last 50 years. Look at the players who have free will to perform as they are told or carry it a step further. That is the player’s choice...not some dink offering $1000 to super size it at Sonic. 

21 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Yeah he paid his debt,  but that doesn't mean he's still not an a-hole and absolve him from criticism. 

10 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

And yet the player CHOOSES to play like that or not. Greggo isn’t on the field....it is a human being with their own mind and body. Their own WILL (if you want to say that). If a coach says “I want to dominate the other team” do you not realize how that can be construed as “injure” “maim” or any other type of negative connotation. I get your point...he has a history. But he served a suspension which is more than we can say for many others who served in a similar capacity over the last 50 years. Look at the players who have free will to perform as they are told or carry it a step further. That is the player’s choice...not some dink offering $1000 to super size it at Sonic. 

I get your point and he has served his sentence... But he said alot more than " dominate the other team"

“Kill the head and the body will die. We’ve got to do everything in the world to make sure we kill Frank Gore’s head. We want him running sideways. We want his head sideways"

“We need to find out in the first two series of the game ... that little wide receiver, No. 10 (Kyle Williams), about his concussion. We need to [expletive] put a lick on him right now."

“[Receiver Michael Crabtree] becomes human when we take out that outside ACL.’’

he was instilling the intent to hurt

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Agreed...how true. For some of these guys, it is in their nature to play dirty...long before they reached the NFL!

Edited by Rocket94
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I get your point and he has served his sentence... But he said alot more than " dominate the other team"

“Kill the head and the body will die. We’ve got to do everything in the world to make sure we kill Frank Gore’s head. We want him running sideways. We want his head sideways"

“We need to find out in the first two series of the game ... that little wide receiver, No. 10 (Kyle Williams), about his concussion. We need to [expletive] put a lick on him right now."

he was instilling the intent to hurt do

Wow! How medieval does that sound. Put their heads on stakes while your at it!

Edited by Rocket94
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Wow! How midevil does that sound. Put their heads on stakes while your at it!

I do understand why Greggo said it..  it's a gladiator sport. Not for the weak or meek

I've been on sidelines trying to pump guys up ... Saying we need a big play or big hit

But to say kill Frank Gore's head, a class act like Gore, and put his head sideways is calling for injuries.. 

Maybe that flew in 1905 but I respect the game too much to ever call for foul play. I never wish injury not even on Brady

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

he was instilling the intent to hurt

Please post something that hasn’t been posted 30 times and something post-suspension (other than the ramblings of OBJ and his teammate who never said anything while GW was with the Browns at the alleged time). 

3 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Please post something that hasn’t been posted 30 times and something post-suspension (other than the ramblings of OBJ and his teammate who never said anything while GW was with the Browns at the alleged time). 

He is better at concealing it fergy... He would be out of the league if there were recent tapes , there obviously is no current evidence

But Somebody's coaching MO doesn't change after 35 years

All these comments stem from either: A) Sour grapes because he was an ineffective coach for our team, or B) Bounty Gate which is old news. If you want to attribute bad behavior to current coaches and players based on something that happened years ago and for which a player/coach has already served a suspension, I can do this all day. 

Maybe it doesn’t resonate with some because the player contributes to fantasy points and you’d hate to “bash” a player that may possibly unearth the motherload of $100 on a FanDuel match. 

3 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Last I heard Greggo served a suspension. Paid his debt. Are we not ok with this?

Technically he was suspended "indefinitely" and to many, including myself, he was allowed to come back way too early if at all.

I have no use for him and putting the players between his "tactics" and their morals of hurting fellow players as a manager should not be

tolerated.  IMO.

3 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Hmmmm. Gregg Williams is accused of targeting a pre-Madonna WR by a defensive back who he used to coach. Why didn’t that player come out and say anything at the time? If it’s true, that player is complicit in the very act for which he is now casting blame. Perhaps....please free your minds...this is total fabrication. 

Again, he paid his debt to “NFL Fans” by serving a suspension. Whereas Patrick Chung and OBJ can enjoy pizza and “coke” but no one says a word. 

I’d ask those who rush to judgment on AB (having read his butchered English language texts) to think twice about this “report”. Last time I checked Greggo didn’t text anyone recently wanting to “intentionally hit them in the back” 

image.png

• Like (+1) 1