OBJ calls out Gregg Williams for teaching “dirty hits” ; Gregg fires back

YoloinOhio

If the Browns roll over his defense Monday night i have to wonder how long he lasts this year with how the media is going to keep coming after him and he gives no Fs. I thought his defense played well last week when you look at the score, but just like last year with the browns that was predicated mostly on turnovers and the Bills were able to move the ball.

...um special thanks to the "Mother Teresa of DC's"....SMH.......

Gregg Williams: I’ve never coached dirty hits anywhere I’ve been

Posted by Josh Alper on September 13, 2019, 1:11 PM EDT

Browns wide receiver Odell Beckham said on Thursday that Jets defensive coordinator Gregg Williams “likes to teach” his players to deliver “cheap shots and dirty hits” to opposing players and that Browns players who were on the team when Williams was running the defense in 2017 told him that Williams specifically targeted him in a preseason game.

Williams responded to Beckham at a press conference on Thursday. When first asked about Beckham’s comments, Williams stole a page from Jerry Jones and said “Odell who?” before answering the accusation.

“We don’t do that,” Williams said. “Never done that anywhere I’ve been. We don’t do anything to hurt the team. It’s the number one primary thing. . . . You guys are cooperating, giving him attention. Just don’t give him attention. It just is what it is.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/13/gregg-williams-ive-never-coached-dirty-hits-anywhere-ive-been/

59 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...um special thanks to the "Mother Teresa of DC's"....SMH.......

Gregg Williams: I’ve never coached dirty hits anywhere I’ve been

Posted by Josh Alper on September 13, 2019, 1:11 PM EDT

Browns wide receiver Odell Beckham said on Thursday that Jets defensive coordinator Gregg Williams “likes to teach” his players to deliver “cheap shots and dirty hits” to opposing players and that Browns players who were on the team when Williams was running the defense in 2017 told him that Williams specifically targeted him in a preseason game.

Williams responded to Beckham at a press conference on Thursday. When first asked about Beckham’s comments, Williams stole a page from Jerry Jones and said “Odell who?” before answering the accusation.

“We don’t do that,” Williams said. “Never done that anywhere I’ve been. We don’t do anything to hurt the team. It’s the number one primary thing. . . . You guys are cooperating, giving him attention. Just don’t give him attention. It just is what it is.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/13/gregg-williams-ive-never-coached-dirty-hits-anywhere-ive-been/

Of course not. Your players are misinterpreting the playbook.

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

“We don’t do that,” Williams said. “Never done that anywhere I’ve been. We don’t do anything to hurt the team. It’s the number one primary thing. . . . 

He's literally been caught on tape doing it

• Like (+1) 2

Hmmmm. Gregg Williams is accused of targeting a pre-Madonna WR by a defensive back who he used to coach. Why didn’t that player come out and say anything at the time? If it’s true, that player is complicit in the very act for which he is now casting blame. Perhaps....please free your minds...this is total fabrication. 

Again, he paid his debt to “NFL Fans” by serving a suspension. Whereas Patrick Chung and OBJ can enjoy pizza and “coke” but no one says a word. 

I’d ask those who rush to judgment on AB (having read his butchered English language texts) to think twice about this “report”. Last time I checked Greggo didn’t text anyone recently wanting to “intentionally hit them in the back” 

Football is a violent game. You are there to punish the other team

I have had coaches who preached physicality and hitting the other team in the mouth from the first snap, get in their head and get them off their game

But what Greggo did and still does is an abomination to the game I love. There is no doubt in my mind he is still preaching playing dirty and paying bounties for injuries

It's who he is as a coach and I have had friends play under him

Edited by Buffalo716

8 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

His actions are not those of a reformed man!

Huh?  What has he done recently (post-suspension) that leads to this conclusion?

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Football is a violent game. You are there to punish the other team

I have had coaches who preached physicality and hitting the other team in the mouth from the first snap, get in their head and get them off their game

But what Greggo did and still does is an abomination to the game I love. There is no doubt in my mind he is still preaching playing dirty and paying bounties for injuries

It's who he is as a coach and I have had friends play under him

Can we please pinpoint when he has done this since serving his suspension? Stop with the conjecture based on a bump/hit against Josh Allen and the claims by a jilted Browns defensive back. 

7 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Huh?  What has he done recently (post-suspension) that leads to this conclusion?

Can we please pinpoint when he has done this since serving his suspension? Stop with the conjecture based on a bump/hit against Josh Allen and the claims by a jilted Browns defensive back. 

People label Belechick and Brady cheaters for stuff that happened in the past

Rapists and murderers are labeled as such for life after 1 incident

Greggo himself said in his bounty speeches , we do not apologize for how we play. His apologies were lies 

It's who he is as a coach

7 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

People label Belechick and Brady cheaters for stuff that happened in the past

Rapists and murderers are labeled as such for life after 1 incident

Greggo himself said in his bounty speeches , we do not apologize for how we play. His apologies were lies 

It's who he is as a coach

And, as a person... he's an A-hole.